Keto

Planning on starting a Ketogenic diet. Anyone here had a lot of success with it?

What did your typical meal plan look like? I want to mix shit up and not get stuck eating the same things for every meal so any ideas?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/E0svKE5Vwyg
muscleforlife.com/low-carb-diet/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/23372809/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtu.be/E0svKE5Vwyg

Drinks: water with lemon and stevia, tea with coconut oil

basic food: high quality sausage, beef, lamb, chicken wings, bacon, high fat cheeses. eggs, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts

for condiments use butter, full cream, cheese spreads, coconut oil

also check out ruled.me for some fancier recipes and keto desserts that will keep you sane

good luck, stick with it and you're gonna feel amazing. I started 3 months ago and on top of feeling high energy all day long i've dropped bf% and carb/protein bloat and have never looked more solid.

Look up those keto pancake recipes. Fucking delicious. I sometimes make them even off keto (cream cheese and cinnamon/stevia based).

That said, I'm not sure how I feel about artificial sweeteners in general. It will certainly keep you in keto, but I always found that over the long term, faking sweet flavors eventually led to craving something sweet and not artificial. Idk. Personally I think it better to just eliminate sweetness altogether, and then if you're really craving, "cheat" with an artificial sweetener.

Other than that, heavy whipping cream is your friend. And the first week or two might be rough (I shat like a garden hose), but keep with it. It's worth it.

Make sure your coconut oil is unrefined / non-hydrogenized, keto or not. Shit turns cheap and toxic if not.

Going LCHF myself got rid all of my stomach and digestion problems in one go so good luck.

Oh, also: get those fucking ketostix. They're cheap and immensely helpful to keep track of what the fuck's going on with your body.

For example, in my first keto experience, I was worried (and the piss strips confirmed) that I was eating too much protein and knocking me out of ketosis. You really do need to gobble up those fats. I would have never confirmed this had it not been for those strips. A great investment if you're serious about this.

Artificial sweeteners can still activate the insulin reaction (which isn't what you want), pretty much all sources indicate it's better to keep away from them as well.

is Keto good for a fatty to do? im 6'1 and about 248 pounds and ive been struggling to lose weight on CICO.

Its easy, I haven't exrecised in an entire month and ive lost like 16 pounds

It's good if you can remain disciplined about it. Otherwise, I've seen people just use it as an excuse to be fatasses. As noted above, use the keto stix.

Slathering your brisket in barbecue sauce is not keto, bruh.

I have some success in the past with it, I just have a hard time sticking with it, is there a period of time where it gets easier and the carb cravings die down a bit?

For me, the start of week three is where things really take off. I've had transitions in that have been harmless, and transitions in that have utter hell. But once you're in the full swing of things, it's the healthiest I've ever felt in my life. Lots of energy, etc.

wow awesome, that's really encouraging thank you.

low carb is the best for never being hungry

Yeah man. If your keto flu is really bad, I've found massive amounts of coffee help with the energy. Or, alternatively, if you're confident your heart won't explode, you can also try an EC stack through the ride in.

Ive done keto and had great results here are some tips from my experience

The first few weeks youll prob feel like shit but dont fall off the wagon
Drink alot of water adding lemon helps
Caffeine helps whether its ec stack or coffe/tea
Get your fat from fish avacodo coconut dark chocolate seeds nuts oil not from processed meat like bacon
When I first started my carbs we around 20 but I was actually able to get up to 50 and still be in ketosis or at least get back into it quick
Make your workouts short but focus on lifting heavy and either fullbody or upperlower.
Do LISS in the morning on an empty stomach and when you get down to a decent bodyfat take YC stack works wonders
Bone broth will be your friend and keep you full learn how to make it

nice, did for 5 weeks, lost 8 kg, can see upper abs now. Hit PR in diddylift on week 3, lol. Lifts became shit on week 4 tho, couldn't do more than 5 reps. I was permabulking for almost a year, so me and my stomach had a really good time not pooping 2 times a day.
Food: eggs, all meat (pork if you have hard time hitting fat macro), fish, some nuts if you crave carbs. If you feel like you're eating same food, then you have problems with seasoning.
Protip: it was easier for me to cut all the carbs from food, than trying to eat small portions of broccoli and so. All the carbs i got were nuts or low-carb fermented milk. Also, if you crave sugar you can drink zero coke, or any aspartame coke, did well for me.

prepare for some strength loss and low energy action the first weeks. I couldn't do it.

Why don't people just fucking eat. Humans are fucking omnivores god damnit. JUST EAT

back to tumblr you go, hammy

So guys does keto really pay off? Because besides this thread I've seen a lot on Veeky Forums that contradict.
How many days does it take to get into keto?

>diets that contain milk and meat
>good

My meal plan was pretty much chicken thigh with butter & garlic but I fucking loathe chicken thigh and anything that tastes 'fatty', I love my food to be dry and somewhat bland.

Then I figured I could just change out chicken thigh for the breast but if I did that I would have trouble getting enough fat while also being under a calorie deficit.

Anyone have any ideas on how I could get more fat and/or protein into me without going over 1600 calories a day? (I'm ok with eating the same meal 3 times a day, as time goes on I'll sort out other recipes but at the moment I'd stick to chicken breast)

Read this if you are considering keto
muscleforlife.com/low-carb-diet/

I did it for a week but hated
>energy drop
>expensive food (usually)
>hard to eat with family/friends/while out/ on holiday
>unhealthy in a number of ways

I decided it wasn't worth continuing but it does have some benefits. Read up extensively before doing it I'd say

oh, you did something for a week. you must be discipline incorporated.
and it is not unhealthy in any way, stop blubbering bullshit.

that's not enough fat. but maybe if the taste of fat isn't your thing then it's possible that a high fat diet isn't yours, either. with having that much brotein you could eat bread, too. gluconeogenesis is a bitch. and you could up your intake a lot, one of the worst mistakes one can make during lchf is eating too little. your metabolism is burning like hell anyways, so why eat only 1700 kcal?
i personally eat anything between 1200 and 3200 kcal a day, do irregular refeeds with tons of carbs and lose fat. not muscle mass, fat.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/23372809/

You are literally setting yourself up for a shorter life by going low carb. How the fuck is that not unhealthy?

Can someone explain why Keto you would eat more fat than protein?

I don't do keto, but the diet is generally used to control Epilepsy or Diabetes Mellitis.

Why would you be surprised if they die young?

Why would you choose a diet like that?

Just eat less and you'll lose weight. No need to change all of your eating habits.