/plg/

/plg/- Powerlifting general: We lift heavy, eat heavy, and feel heaviest of all.

Some neat stuff: pastebin.com/99cMvaQh

>boardie support edition
been loving the last few days of posts big lad
keep up the great work

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BEntibkD1UW
instagram.com/theleancoach1/
youtube.com/watch?v=0pjRXQ9g6yU
youtube.com/watch?v=rSDCJ_NZ0fU
goodlift.info/onenomination.php?cid=366
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't forget your lats

>been loving the last few days of posts big lad
>keep up the great work
This is the autism killing plg

Anyone have a non-gimmick stretching/foam rolling routine to increase mobility? thanks in advance

Limber11

Stretching is gay though

Fkn kek.

probably not what you're looking for, but I do yoga for that. I simply don't have the patience to stretch regularly on my own, but yoga is pretty fun and you can show off your strength to the qts in some positions. you're also surrounded by girls in yoga pants with their asses in the air.

But board shorts was unnecessarily mean to that guy

Sure
1. Stop sitting at the computer all the time
2. Move around more

I think I'm going to start doing some more reps next week. Gonna keep the frequency the same.

Deadlift (w/ 15kg chains) 75%x4x4
Snatch Grip (w/ 15kg chains) 70%x6x3

My insomnia kicked in hard this weekend, so they felt pretty rough, even though the speed was decent. The small amount of rest between the sets didn't help either. Slightly higher RPE than last week, but nothing too bad all things considered.

cheers m8
I was actually looking into to yoga but I feel like it's a bit strange if I went by myself and my friends haven't turned homo yet
why can't I just move my legs at the computer?

I just noticed I got stretch marks on my ass

Squats doing work

>why can't I just move my legs at the computer?
I was thinking more about shoulders and shit but sure

Mederma

>I was actually looking into to yoga but I feel like it's a bit strange if I went by myself and my friends haven't turned homo yet
I went by myself and it was cool. most of the people showing up for yoga class are own their own, and there's generally no interaction during class so it makes little difference if you have friends there or not.

I recommend ashtanga yoga because it's quite physical and you move around all the time.

>not embracing the effort marks
Smh

Maxx Chewning hit 614.5 in 83 class. Bombed bench, couldn't even hit 303 lb. How does someone who's trained as long as he has remain so weak?

Bombed? Whut
He weighs like 172 and hit a 600lb deadlift
463 squat and 292 bench

The 'no' meme is my most hated meme

Not taking care of your skin

>Bombed bench
seriously...

> How does someone who's trained as long as he has remain so weak?
thats not even the issue, how does he not know to open lighter

on that note kind of scared screamer is going to bomb at worlds
yeah it goes up ok but i dont know about an opener
instagram.com/p/BEntibkD1UW

because he is skinny af

I don't understand. Why not open extremely light (25kg kek) then save your energy to max out for your final attempt?

>implying there is a down side to 'care for'

>83 class

Why even bother staying in 83 while Haack is there, smdh. He should move up to 93.

figure this may be the best place to ask this question.

currently training with a program close to the Texas method stock template. I've been enjoying the program for the last month or so I've been running it, but wanna add some hypertrophy accessories to the program. that won't interfere with strength gains. Anyone have experience with this? only accessories I do right now are chins and tricep stuff.

>whether good
No one thinks you have ever done goo-

I suppose you vs. Fraud was alright actually

He didn't fucking bomb he went 8/9

Add BBing session to saturday OR tuesday and add an RTS-style gpp* session to the day you didn't add BBing too.

>row movement, as many reps as possible in ten minutes with 10-12rm load
>core movement, as many reps (or as much time under tension as possible for planks) as possible with 10-12rm load
>15-20min medium intensity steady cardio or 8-12min HIIT
>15-20min mobility/recovery work

Just made a DL jack thing instead of rolling the bar onto a plate to load more weight. U mirin panjeet engineering brahs

because that is taking the piss
but you should open light enough that you know you will get it to get on the board
2nd should be enough that if you fail 3rd it wont destroy your total and only put you slightly behind or equal to last performance
3rd should be to get best total on the day/pr

running away from hack and gibbs to meet norris and Wierzbicki
there is no running away to any weight class
there is always someone

Do bis & Tris on ID, once/week is enough for them to get big and they're small enough to recover over the weekend in time for VD

As he gets stronger through the cycle I don't think it'll be a problem

2/3 on the squat performance tho. Calling it.

Isn't that way too low except for an empty bar?

A good example of this is Blaine Sumner, he opened with a raw bench and ~300 in the deadlift to make sure to not waste his 500 squat.

A lot of people seem to think there's prestige in opening high or takes pride in having a big opener.

Rather move down to 74 so he doesn't have to face Norris and Norton.

>"leave the 93s to me"

Please explain why I can't do my first and second attempts with literally the bar plus collars and then go HAM on my final and (only important) attempt?

What's the point of 3 attempts? Why not max out on your first attempt and use the 2 others as back up in case you fail?

Nah I mean to roll the innermost plate onto it, then the end of the bar is raised enough to slide plates on easily

because opening with an @8 single should literally take nothing out of you unless you're a fat weak shit.

any core exercises I could do besides planks? hear they're easy to cheat.

so he lied
good to know

angle could be a bit shallower Tbh
well done pajeet

>Calling it.
i think you call right

Not a useful answer.

>Bombed?
His bench has been stagnant for years. He keeps on running some meme program I've never even heard of (Conjugation Method or something) - fed to him by some lolfed youtubers going by "Massthetics" - instead of doing anything about it. He cares more about his watch collection than fixing his bench. If he doesn't hit 315 by the end of the year, I'm unsubscribing.
>how does he not know to open lighter
He didn't do his own meet prep and openers, someone else did, not sure who. Which begs the question of why he wasn't instructed to fill out his weight class; he didn't even cut water, what a waste.

Why did Avon use to say that when people encounter knee problems / pain they should first foam roll and stretch, as it's the most likely cause?

Is there really anything behind this? It sounds really weird that foam roalling / stretching voodo has any effect on someone like the knees?

It is. If you training hasn't conditioned you to complete three (3) attempts in all three (3) disciplines with reasonably heavy loads in a single (1) day, your training has failed.

This does not answer my question. Are you a politician?

You can but it's stupid as fuck. Opening with a good weight makes it easier to build a total where as if you would fail your third in your scenario you'd only get 25 kg to your total. Or you would miss all 3 attempts if you opened too high(see Hancock, 2015). Not a problem if you don't compete to win of course.

Nah mate. The pay off is greater if you open with your max

i literally answered here
even better if you want to do 2 attempts with the bar, you could just max out on 3rd and skip the next attempts, retarded but you could

>see Hancock, 2015
I thought that was because of his back injury? The opener should have been easy weight for him otherwise. Or are you saying he should have accurately accounted for the injury and backed down accordingly?

He doesn't mean roll/stretch the knee lmao. Knee pain is often (but not always) a symptom of hip disfunction so rollibg/stretching the quads, hammies, hips (front, back and sides) and glutes is often an appropriate solution

do you think he would be doing meets if it wasnt for youtube?
who gives a fuck

>Or are you saying he should have accurately accounted for the injury and backed down accordingly?
this
like was it something stupidly light he had to open with to still take the win because he was so far ahead?

>I thought that was because of his back injury? The opener should have been easy weight for him otherwise.
But it wasn't easy for him on that day, he missed it 3 times. He can have any excuse he want but he didn't pick a good opener and missed the gold because of it.

>Or are you saying he should have accurately accounted for the injury and backed down accordingly?
He was so far ahead he could've opened with 220 or something and still won.

another question for you Bros since you seem more helpful than most places here.

my squats are finally hitting the 300+ range for reps, but I've noticed that I've been having some soreness in my lower thoracic area.

think it's anything serious? trying to keep my upper back tight when I squat, and I wouldn't describe it as anything particularly painful, just annoying.

just checked
he would only have had to pull 215kg to take 1st place
but instead pulls 250kg for an opener for no real reason

instagram.com/theleancoach1/

Vomited.

>Norton
Norton is finished. Don't expect a comeback desu.

>Norton is finished. Don't expect a comeback desu.
Injury?

Why what happened to Norton?

pulled out of worlds...
lets not talk about it

i really hope this gives bryce a chance to join in

in for sabre getting 3 PRs this weekend

nice breh. legit excited to try something different.

Nice lol he's one of the biggest frauds in the ipf

Also the Arnold, meaning he didn't even attempt or couldn't attempt trying.

2 herniated discs and an unknown debilitating hip problem

hip problem is bad enough he can't bench, and was diagnosed as bursitis but isn't
responding to any bursitis treatment

youtube.com/watch?v=0pjRXQ9g6yU

Yes well of course not the knees itself lad.

It just sounds very squishy that actually knees pain could be caused by tight quads / IT bands, etc.
That's what I meant

hip injury

Oh that sucks
He's still a fraud
That means Ben rice might get a chance to go to world's tho
Nice

Did you hit 330?
Also do you have blocks or a slingshot or some way to overload?

>He's still a fraud

How can you delusional fucking idiots ignore all the evidence that guys like Norton are natural?

>Ben Rice
I thought he only did one meet and then decided to become a youtube lifter?

>That means Ben rice might get a chance
ben isnt going anywhere lad

>a fraud
one who has never failed a drug test...

I'm doing it tonight, so no, not yet.

and I don't right now, but I will be buying myself a slingshot in the next couple of weeks for the lolz. I don't plan on having it for week 1 or 2 though.

I mean, Xiaojun bombed out of the WWC in 2015. Shit happens.

Practical Programming 3rd ed has like a hundred or so pages on the TM.
There are also the ebooks from Lascek.

So give them a read.
If you want examples of how I'd customise TM there are pics here fitsticky.com/texas-method

Depends on the type and location of the "soreness". Can you be more specific?

why

He explains his mindset in this vid pretty well: youtube.com/watch?v=rSDCJ_NZ0fU

Forget most of the vid already, but some cliffs are:
>felt it was his obligation to compete
>didn't want to lose
>crying during prep because of hopelessness and pain
>hit squat and killed his cns
>250 deadlift was his opener a year ago, so he thought he could pull it now
>bombed
>worst moment of his life, felt disgust at himself
>had suicidal thoughts afterwards
>now recovered in mind and body
Great insight into the mind of a world class athlete.

nope no american is going according to nominations
goodlift.info/onenomination.php?cid=366

You all stfu about ben
Hes a saint

Name one single good he has done for the sport of powerlifting. You can't.

>norris's total at natty nationals nearly 40kg ahead of weirzibekeki's best turtle

thanks for the link on TM trappy.

the soreness is about at the bottom of my thoracic spine. I can feel it if I tighten up my upper back and shoulders, and retract my scapula as hard as I can while moving my back side to side. best way I can describe it.

>Bryce Lewis
>R
What the hell, did he fuck some USAPL guys' wife or something?

Oh yeah I didn't plan on putting any overload work in till the last block anyway.

Also good luck.

Soreness or pain?
Sharp, pulsating, constant, or a burning sensation?
Deep or superficial?
During the squat, during the training, or when you're back home?

Please point in an image where you feel the pain, more or less.

A video of you squatting would also be good.

>overmeme work
Nice meme

Do you hate fun user?

>Great insight into the mind of a world class athlete.
not really desu, a world class athlete would have done what was needed to win when it was in his ability
but no, he didnt just want to win, he wanted to blow everybody the fuck out
no wonder he felt so bad, imagine knowing you could have won if you just lifted less than you did in the warm up room as an opener and still won
yeah id be devastated too, i just wouldnt have put myself in that position

i think that shows
>felt it was his obligation to compete
>didn't want to lose
wasnt there, he wanted to show he was still so much better than them at the risk of bombing

>reminder: he could have won lifting less than what he was doing in the warm up room

maybe they want eli to go for a deadlift medal or something
hope bryce goes now tho

I didn't realize how much of a freak Norris was until noting that his best total beats EVERYONE up until the top two 120s.

holy fucking shit

Squat bench deadlift
that's all you need

They still have time to enter athletes

hes not bad Tbh

they dont... its closed

>tfw deadlift is currently my most consistent and best lift
>tfw it used to be the opposite
>tfw squat amd bench are in the shitter

mixed feels tbH

For anyone who squats like benchbro (breaking at the hips at the start of the squat)

Total went down as a whole though

>tfw deadlift is my abvsolute favorite lift
>tfw deadlift is my worst lift

JUST
U
S
T