Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VcEsmhVag1c
youtube.com/watch?v=HTRj_5Zxds4
instagram.com/p/BEp8P7exURb/
youtube.com/watch?v=NLZnFt69Nik
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for autistic fags

1st for benis

3rd for literally everybody apparently good mornings here and i don't even know what thet means anymore

REKT
E
K
T

whats so bad about good mornings you inbred cretin

Equipped a best

Just fuck off and stop posting

Bodorio why do you keep on making shit threads on /tv/

>not wrapping a single arm for those future isley gains

but what does it even mean, every single squat is apparently a good morning according to that guy, how the fuck can you squat without any breaking at the hips and leaning forward?

Have short femurs

I never noticed this before, but those knees wraps are loose as fuck.

im talking about good mornings, not squat mornings

what do you have against good mornings you nitwit

It's called trolling son. Get used to it.

Need to get pure red wraps so you can become an ally of justice.

>equipped
>counting for shit
Your squats are even worse than his

They are. I have to self wrap.

when are you gonna out turtle filip

Reposting for boardy.

It really is just as simple as having a great deal of concentration on keeping tight and keeping a good position combined with a shitload of practice. Simple, not easy.

>As for elbows. are we squeezing scaps back and together? Or trying to get the elbows to touch behind your back?
Kind of both? We want to squeeze the shoulder blades and traps really hard together, and cueing the elbows is one way of doing that.

>I'm not sure what you mean by this. Are you talking about how I set up under the bar? Not sure how to push back against the weight on my shoulders
No, on the way up. It'll keep your from tilting forwards. As you come up, drive your traps into the bar.

I am going to post every day from now on

Today's lifts
5x5 squats at 100kg, slower and with a wider stance cut down on the back rounding a lot, but still needs work
5x5 paused bench at 70kg, first set was terrible,but then i finally got leg drive working for the first time and the other 4 sets felt 5-10 kilos lighter
3x5 deadlifts at 122.5kg
5x5 dumbell rows at 42kg

Buckle up for the bullying lad.

tb h I don't think you suck that much, you just need more experience. So keep going.

are you a woman?

fucking Olympians...

youtube.com/watch?v=VcEsmhVag1c

>I am going to post every day from now on

Do this for a month and actually progress and I'll eat my wrist wrap.

no, but i'm a D grade Powerlifter in Australian power-lifting, and it's run by Wilks so he thinks i'm good enough to count as a real powerlifter

He wouldn't.

Wilks barely cares about half the people in his own gym because of their lack of competitiveness, let alone some random who isn't even a PA member.

>and it's run by Wilks so he thinks i'm good enough to count as a real powerlifter

As someone who knows Wilks well, he'd think you're a nope hope retard who's wasting his time. He wouldn't even talk to you.

Raw? When I learn.

I'm doing a texas method program, progress will be if i can beat my 5 rep maxes of 110kg squats, 76.5kg bench and 135kg deadlift on friday

Kill yourself

>Raw? When I learn.
they don't allow discrimination in sweden, filip j shitlord can't say that his raw total is any better than your equipped total.

>As someone who knows Wilks well
yes yes, and your dad works at nintendo

you should move to reddit's PL board
not even joking youd prob like it, weaklets dont get bullied as hard

youtube.com/watch?v=HTRj_5Zxds4

Anyone remember this classic?

if your hips shoot up faster than the bar then its a squat morning. this often coincides with the core collapsing near the bottom somewhere causing you to lean forward more, which exacerbates the problem.

The level of hate against Ras here is just getting silly guys, how long has he been powerlifting for? I know a lot of people who lift for years and never squat over 100kilos and even then don't make it to parallel, and who think a bodyweight bench is the ultimate goal after years of training. he's added like 200 lbs to his lifts since he first started posting here, it's not like he's hopeless and spinning his wheels, he probably doesn't have a real coach and trains in a commercial gym.

I am pretty sure most of us don't have coaches and lift in commercial gyms.

Wilks has also said he despises equipped power lifting

>Comments are disabled for this video.
lol

He's definitely gotten bigger numbers. What's riling people up is mostly his inability to listen to any advice given or show any technical improvement.

holy fuck, I OHP your squats buddy

that deadlift at 4:30 is horrifying

Trip on Bodorio.

Is dubs all of rasputins bullies die tonight

UH OH

It's more the fact that he, like every new trip, has a) never competed, b) has a sub-300 wilks and c) is obstinate and stupid.

I LIFT, I DIE , I LIFT AGAIN

Newfag detected

He does, I don't care.

his vids were like two weeks apart, and his squat form was definitely better in the second video (it couldn't have gotten much worse) . and the advice i'm seeing is 90% "give up" and "kill yourself" and "stop posting!". he claims to have changed his squat and bench since the most recent video as well, so we'll see if he uploads another video if he's really made any improvements.

Hell somebody is pretending he can read Wilk's mind and knows he'd hate Ras, this is childish shcoolyard shit at this point. I seriously hope he outlifts most of you guys one day.

so if he adds 84 kilos to his lifts you'll apologize to him/

HEY RASPUTIN
get a 447 kilo total and they'll stop being fucking retards.
Cos seriously guys, you make the whole general, and power lifting, look really shitty

>Hell somebody is pretending he can read Wilk's mind and knows he'd hate Ras
Multiple people here have been coached by or train at his gym. It's very easy to work out how he'd treat a perennial loser like Rasputin.

>they'll

I'm 90% sure it's just Isley and Sean ripping on him, or at least they do the vast majority of it.

Not to defend everyone laying in with the 'kill yourself' shit, but Wilks general predisposition is pretty well known amongst aussie lifters. If you're not currently the top prospect for your weight class in his gym, he gives approximately no fucks about you as a lifter.

form check. Dodgey looking 170kg.
instagram.com/p/BEp8P7exURb/

Anyone know an easy way to make webms from Insta?

Do you guys even know the frog??

youtube.com/watch?v=NLZnFt69Nik

>if you don't know the frog, you don't know fitness
>i have competed in "..., powerlifting" and all was too easy, no challenge

Kek, was he actually in powerlifting?

>Want to lift
>Can't because I sprained my ankle or some shit and my leg hurts

This shit sucks tbqh

Looks quite fine, but i dont know if you hit depth.

If you didnt, you might want to push your knees out a little to achieve depth.

I think he did compete once or twice but I don't think he was blowing everyone away.

Pretty much everyone who's trained with O'Hearn does say pretty much the same thing - guy moves some damn serious weight regardless of the exercise.

Is the conjugate method a thing for raw lifters or am I being trolled

1ST DAY OF PH3
OH MY FUCK
385X9X2SQuATS
220X9X2bench
425x8x2Deads
(poundagexrepsxsets)
the lower back fatigue is probably the most troublesome if anything. Had to wait about 20 minutes before i could progress to deads. tomorrow is the upper hypertrophy day which is about 30 sets of rows/curls/curls/curls/tris/curls

What numbers should I aim for before attempting a meet? I usually weigh around 190, so I could bulk up to 198 and be comfy. Currently 350/265/420.

Forgot to mention that I'm 21.

Its not super common, but it has been used by a reasonable number of top level lifters. Thing is, it does require some significant changes from the usual template and that kind of makes it enough of a pain to set up that a lot of people won't bother.

good ratio between the 3 lifts, so not bad there. i'd say when you're ready to break 1100 you could try and do it at a meet to make it exciting.

Alright, cheers. Just me being overly critical I guess.

I can't tell if I hit depth or not. But I'll still go with 170 as my new squat pr.

hey trappy, will you be my gf?

kill yourself

The only thing I'm sort of confused about is how the progression works. Am I supposed to just work up to a new max with the competition lift often enough to maintain specificity and gauge progress?

My first was 440/308/600 weighing 216

My biggest regret is not competing earlier. I was hooked

I hope you are a woman, because a 799lb total as a man is jump-in-the-harbor-tier.

Generally yes. Because you're not competing in gear, you can use your competition lifts to max out on significantly more often than an equipped lifter. Although you don't always need to because you should be able to judge that based on how the speed work is going (one of the biggest changes for a raw lifter according to most people? Speed work should be comp lifts to comp standards)

>Because you're not competing in gear, you can use your competition lifts to max out on significantly more often than an equipped lifter.

Hmmmmmmm I'm not so sure

Gear, particularly multiply gear, is incredibly stressful on the body. Imagine trying to do a squat max with two or three hundred pounds worth of reverse-band assistance (giving nothing at the top) while a pro strongman gives you a full-body bear hug. That's pretty much what maxing in gear is like.

Savefrom, then webm for retards or such software.

Last question: Is it generally advised to do the same lift variation on the dynamic effort day that you did for max effort earlier in the week? If the above is true, does this mean that you would be doing 1 variation of the competition lift for up to 3 weeks to finish out a wave?

I know exactly how stressful equipped lifting is because I'm an equipped powerlifter.

I feel I can max in it productively much more often than classic. I can't do it more often than once a week, but it's useful, unliike the equivalent in classic.

For raw lifters? The DE exercises are almost always going to be your competition movements. They are completely disconnected from your choice of ME exercises. Also you can generally disregard the given percentages, they're unlikely to work for you.

You're a better lifter than me then. I was always crushed as fuck for the rest of the week if I had to go heavy in gear.

Any point in giving geared a run if you've no access to any lifters with geared experience?

Looks so technically difficult, but I really want to be able to give it a shot without having to move.

Shit, I don't even know how many geared lifters there are in Aus.

They're a distinct minority, but they do exist. Pretty sure most of them are IPF guys with a small smattering of GPC and APL multi guys around.

That said, trying to learn gear without help is going to be a bitch. Trying to learn gear without anyone to learn from and without a training crew would probably be deemed suicide by most coroners.

Did you lads get coached or how did you learn?

Alright, thanks for your time. Enjoy the rest of your night.

Fat aussie power hour lads. Speaking of aussies, does anyone know a good PA meet in Sydney soonish? First meet, but I'm the trying to get a nat qualifying total. Events calendar is weird and you can't actually sign up to half of the stuff.

Essentially coached by high school gym teacher for first year. Shit commercial gym on my own for a few months and then proper coached for the last four/five months at current PL gym.

DE % without accommodating resistance is usually 65-80, fwiw.
Read, watch, apply, read, watch, film and adjust if necessary, repeat repeat repeat.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Guess my dreams of squishing myself into a squat suit will have to wait awhile.

Speaking of the non ipf Feds, how regular do they have meets? There's no ipf meets that are a possibility for me to go to for ages. I don't care about lifting with raiders. I'm competing against myself, not David who out lifted me by a long margin four years ago before he started juicing.

I'm not really sure. I suspect it has a lot to do with where you are and how proactive the local organisers are. Some places you can barely move for non-IPF meets, some places they don't even seem to exist.

I am doing it, it's possible. I can give you size and equipment recommendations if you like?

I can tell you that Mildura is the centre of Aus eq powerlifting, or it was. You can do things like email Joel Ridings and ask him.

PTC Macarthur

I'm not really knowledgeable enough to even work out what gear I'd need, or to give you the right information for ou to help me. Thanks though.

Milduras around 4 hours away from me. I'm in Deniliquin. Might have to have a search and see what upcoming meets they have there. A little further than Melbourne, but Mildura isn't filled with people from Melbourne so that's worth the extra 30 minutes driving.

I've looked on various pl organisations websites and seem to see fuck all on there calanders.

Theres a consensus that gear will come back around. Raw has helped grow the sport as its a lot easier and cheaper to train for, as you can train alone and dont have to buy as much equipment. The thinking is that people will want to try gear as something different or to test themselves in a different way

Remember powerlifting didnt used to be raw and eq, it was lift the most weight any way possible

Second string lifters (like me) will do anything to make a team ^_^

>equipd

Kek, and now he wants to make money advertising the most bullshit stuff ever or what?

>Theres a consensus that gear will come back around.

Who else here /off-season/? Uni is killing me right now so I can't bring myself to do any meaningful training. God I wish it was summer already

Just hoping to squeeze in a four-week cycle the next five-six weeks. Have tried making a schedule in excel, even.

>Theres a consensus that gear will come back around
if anything theres a consensus among actual powerlifters that equipped lifting will probably die completely within the next decade

Hey guys

Under what circumstances if any can I increase ID by 10 lbs on TM?

thanks friendos.

Im seeing quite a few people i know "try out" gear

You will see a bit of "the isley effect" people switching to gear to drive some progress

>"the isley effect" people switching to gear to drive some progress
he switched for fun and to compete in a less competitive division, he said so himself

also, equipment does not drive progress

When did Isley hop on gear? Wth? I take my eye off the ball here a few months and this happens