2020 Olympic meetup

Ok Veeky Forums I want to propose a meet up. Not just any meet up but the meet up to end all meet up.

Starting now all of us dedicated to making it should pick a sport and event then train as much as possible to qualify for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. we will then spend that glorious summer mirin high and low test girls, having laughs, and competing for our countries pride.

I know it sounds difficult almost impossible, but I can safely assume that most of us are in our early 20's and we will still be in our primes by 2020. Every week on Monday starting today we should update each other on our progress towards making it

yah a bunch of neckbeards who occassionally hit the iron gonna have a chance against people who've been training 10 hours a day since they were 4 years old

4 years is a lot of time fampai
there's also archery and shooting events

I'm in
Count me in for the 400

Four years is dick-all compared to the time potential competitors put in.

U couls just get tickets and hangout

Fuck brazilian boi piccolo

Along with excellent coaches. Not to say they already have lots of experience from competitions. And did i forget to mention, that these people were picked for their sport because of their abilities, which made it possible for them to continue. You just can't decide to be a great olympic lifter for example. You can be good, but those chinese kids are picked tot hat sport due to their explosiveness as a child

Then don't be chinese.

I run 70m in 9.5s
I used to be 240lbs of pure fucking fat
auto qualify for the US 100 is 10.16
4 years is plenty to shave that time down
stop hating and either jump on the train or be a hater and give up

a-are you serious, op? i was just considering this for high jump.
i just wanted to get my springs back, but maybe we should see how far we can go, eh?

usain bolt 100m 9.5s

Are you some weeaboo? Is that why you think this sounds realistic?

You can train as hard as you want but if you don't have the genetics to back it up you're not even reaching national level, m8.

t. ex-national level hurdler

If you aren't starting from nothing it's possible. But you have to bear in mind that in reality you have to be near the top in the world within 2 years to qualify. Because you have to come high up in some kind of international competition a couple of times usually. When you take into account injury and such that's where you can lose a lot of time.

But the whole "train from child" bs is bs.

nop because im going 2 compete therei n boxing:) c u

look senpai.. I know this seems bleak but lets try to foster this. I want to spur an sense of excitement and community on Veeky Forums
there's like 300+ events at the Olympics.
Surely we're all good at something that could be considered worthy

So go for it.
You need:

10.25s - 100m
20.75s - 200m
45.95s - 400m
1:47.00 - 800m
19.50m - shot put
62m - discus throw
77.80m - javelin throw

..to compete on olympic level. I'm already at 16m shot put and 48m discus throw.

Rowing here, see you in Tokyo mates

If you're from Zimbabwe maybe you will make it in a niche sport like skeleton or skijump.

Count me in for freestyle swimming 50 m

>mfw 54s 400m
breh...

People in the Olympics have been training since they could walk. You have literally no chance. I would however be down for a meetup as a regular attendant at the games in 2020 cheering on the contestants and banging elevens while I'm there.

>tfw can't break 3 min mile

>mfw I could have been a track star but my mother never encouraged me to play sports
Was always as fast if not faster than the kids that actually ran track.

Oh well.

100m dash, how do I train for it? Obviously not aiming for Olympics, but if I git gud at it then trying to qualify won't kill me.

1 year of lifting but still around 20% bf (4 upper abs visible)
5'9 at 75kg 25% bf -> 83 kg 20% bf
Main lifts are as follows
120kg 5x5 bench
50kg 3x8 OHP
55kg 3x8 bent over rows
55kg 3x10 lunge

To be sprinter I highly recommend incorporating front and back squats into your routine. Also, start doing bodyweight exercises. Your bench is too strong, I, as a shotputter do 130x5 and have ~15m PB. Do all core exercises, strong abs are very important, Also technique is what counts. You should run using your whole body, (coordination between legs and arms, stabilized by core). fuck my english desu

And you need special training, focused on developing most weak parts of your dash. Start, low position to high, 20, 30, 50, 60, 150m dashes. Keep your cardio to 10k. I think.

This thread might be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on Veeky Forums

That's a big call.

I'm on for Olympic Jap Lifting

in for the old timey lifts

>crowd boos her
>removed by staff

I will consider this a go
next /2020/ meeting on monday, bring your homework

How do you even have a 70m time? Do you mean 60m? Was it electronically timed or with a stopwatch?

I remember my first compete in 60m. Thought I was fast. 7.9s ... the guy who won did it in 6.98 and that's fucling fast. Shaving just a 10th of a second off your time in a sprint requires an exponential amount of time and commitment.

Have already been campaigning for laser sailing for 6 years now with my goal of getting a medal at Tokyo.

You guys don't stand a fucking chance of qualifying unless you are from a shitty little country with no other athletes.

If you want easy mode just train for a winter olympic sport.

Should have started training about four years ago if you want to make it.
>im-fucking-plying even 1% of Veeky Forums has the dedication to compete on a world stage

Why don't we all just buy tickets and go tear it up in Tokyo?

das it

Tfw could get back to 49s 400 I ran at 16 easy. Not sure I can make the extra 3.05 secinds