Why the fuck do 90% of all fitness youtubers routine videos always brosplits...

Why the fuck do 90% of all fitness youtubers routine videos always brosplits? Surely they know for anyone who is natural doing chest day, shoulder day, leg day, arms day etc is a completely inefficient method for anyone not on steroids

I don't even give a fuck these people are roiding or not, but why are they advocating for doing steroid workouts for natties?

Surely they know its inefficient for 99% of their viewers

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17326698
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16287373
youtube.com/watch?v=5NqtfvR7v4A
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11255140
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>brosplits
huh?

are you new?

Because the packaging is 99% of what sells the product you dummy.

>hurrr brosplits are inefficient
>why are they advocating steroid workouts for natties
>you should just do dyel tier shit until you die

Confirmed for fucking sub-1000 weakling.

because thats what works to build muscle
instead of your retarded ss

One body part each day once a week
>brosplit

Because bro-splits work.

Goto your gym and look at the top 10% of the most aesthetic and muscular guys at your gym. They'll all be on bro-splits.

I've literally never seen anyone besides a blatantly obvious new-fag DYEL doing full-body routine.

And I am saying this as someone who doesn't do bro-splits. I dabble with them time to time, usually when I am feeling lazy/cutting and only feel like training 1 muscle group. Most of my training is upper body/lower body or full body, but I will still say brosplits work damn well.

People like you are literaly cancer.
Come back if you lifted more then 1 year and realized that you look like shit after following your strength routine.

btw. natty, 183cm height, 90kg bodyweight, 11% bodyfat, 3pl8 bench 8reps , 4pl8 squat reps, 4.5pl8 deadlift 8 reps here, all achieved in 2 years with a brosplit.

>inb4 mad kids claim my numbers are shit

protip: i dont care about numbers, i still look better then you faggot, thats all that matters for me

I don't understnd why brosplits work for natties but I guess they do. Is it because you may only train, say, chest once a week but the volume is so fucking high on that one day that it is essentially the same as hitting chest 3 times a week with 3x5?

>covering up legs
>4 plate squat

lol no such thing faggot, people who squat more than 2 plates stop covering their legs.

SS isn't meant to build muscle for aesthetics you faggot

hes the one on the right in that picture

>taking off your shirt in the gym

>caring that much about legs
homo

lel you dyel faggots will never change.
Stay mad and small kids, and dont forget to drink your milk like uncle rip told you! While you do that i will go balls deep in your "waifu" or whatever you beta fuck call the girl you will never fuck.

>inb4 more jellyness and other excuses for you looking like shit

kek

Because actually training hard matters more than how you train.

because is simple and effective for the casual gym goer who just want to get a ottermode or toned body

What routine did you follow?

because 90% of fitness youtubers are on seroids? seriously. fucking look at that guy, you honestly think he's natty at his height and bone build with that much muscle?

Monday: Chestday
Tuesday: Legday
Wednesday: Shoulders/Arms
Thursday: Back
Friday: Restday

Repeat

i did that for 2 years

Mirin brah

but please not my waifu

>that serratus

Fuuuuuuark

Is there anything wrong with PPL?

Just seems inefficient if you're not intermediate. As far as I've read protein synthesis only last up to 48 hours after end training. That would essentially leave 3 days without stimulation. It's not that I'm doubting that it worked for you but, rather that it will work for most people.

If you're telling the truth, you achieved a FFMI of 24,36 in two years. Anything above 23 is considered "superior". I doubt I have "superior" or elite genetics.

>frauds living off by showing their amazing body

its a business, they tell you that you can also look like them, but it will take you forever to do so, so you keep on coming back watching more videos because you are looking for answers for why you are not getting big

it costs like $15 to produce an iphone but you sell it for $900

wasted 3 years of training with fucking splits like chest-back-arms-legs-shoulders. After I switched to upper-lower split 4 times a weak I gained like a freak and people allready backtalking me that I use roids.

>tl;dr bro-splits are shit for nattys who want to become big

Mirin. But what about abs and obliques?

>natty
>literally what every roid user says

Has has 3 upperbody days and 1 leg day. Contrast that with 3xweek swaats and deads all week every week.

Once again, we have all seen no leg natties bench 3pl8 at our local gyms and be swole as fuck.

Reality is staring you in the face. Don't like muh STRENT TRANNING hivemind fool you. Anything works as long as it's progressive overload.

>next level shitposting
Stop confusing newbies with your shit and fake pics, guys like you are the cancer of this board

nice trolling m8

I'm more interested about eating & macros. Also, with or without gear?

>Has has 3 upperbody days and 1 leg day.
Is not training his entire upperbody 3 out of 4 days.

>Reality is staring you in the face.
IF he is telling the truth and genetics don't play a role... That's a pretty big if.

>Don't like muh STRENT TRANNING hivemind fool you.
I never said you should do fullbody 3 times a week. It would just appear that a 2-day-split 3 times works much better than doing 1,5 fullbody training a week.

its not him,

check

adult and not insecure people actually dont care about showing off that much
imagine that, kid

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

ALL THESE BUTTMAD BROSPLITTERS GETTING BTFO AND RAGING HARD

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Do adult people go around claiming to be someone theyre not?

(thats not actually him if you havent noticed yet)

thats not relevant to the question about covering your legs
my comment had nothing to do with brosplits or else, only with the picture

You two are literally agreeing with each other. Yet are calling each other retarded and faggots.

Because bro splits are the best for gaining muscles and isolations are NOT bad.

SS is a powerlifting routine designed for people who are interested in getting stronger in the three big PL exercises.

A beginner CAN start with some strength routine because it's a good way to learn proper form on the compound exercises, but there is literally nothing wrong with doing a bro split if your goal is just to look better.

In the end it's not about what routine you do, but with how much passion you do it (and proper nutrition/rest). When will you faggots learn that instead of spouting the 'strength routines are the only way to get big' memes you've read on the internet?

GET READY TO GET BLOWN THE FUCK OUT BROSPLITTERS

MUSCLE PROTEIN SYNTHESIS ONLY LASTS 48 HOURS AFTER A WORKOUT

THIS MEANS YOUR MUSCLES CAN ONLY GROW IN THIS 48 HOUR WINDOW MAXIMUM, USUALLY ITS EVEN LESS

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

YOUR MUSCLE THAT YOU WORKED OUT, SAY CHEST, CAN ONLY GROW POTENTIALLY FOR 2 DAYS

THIS MEANS THERE ARE 5 DAYS LEFT IN THE WEEK WHERE IT IS NOT GROWING AT ALL

AT ALL

THE REASON BODYBUILDERS AND YOUTUBE FITNESS PEOPLE (ROIDERS) DO BROSPLITS, IS BECAUSE WHEN YOU USE STEROIDS, YOUR MUSCLE PROTEIN SYNTHESIS TIME IS SIGNIFICANTLY INCREASED, SO YOU CAN AFFORD TO DEDICATE AN ENTIRE WORKOUT TO ONE OR TWO MUSCLES

ANYBODY WHO IS NOT ON STEROIDS AND USES BROSPLITS ARE BEING INEFFICIENT IN THEIR WORKOUTS

SCIENTIFIC FACT

FACT

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17326698

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16287373

For muscle growth, the optimal volume of work is to lift heavy for 60-70 reps every 5-7 days, so 60-70 a week basically. By heavy, I mean heavy enough to fail after 6-8 reps in a set.

Given that, you can very easily build a split that hits each muscle group for the optimal number of reps each week. It's not inefficient at all.

Yes this is all 100% true.

But how do you explain natties who actuall get good results from bro splitting?

lel

>seems

I dont care what it seems.
You people tend to overcomplicate things.
Literaly all that matters is your genetics + diet while lifting 3-4 days a week+

After every leg and backday

Yeah cool whatever, i just pointed it out because Veeky Forums is full of "frauuuud!!!!" yelling dyels

Stay small grandpa

So what? Add me on Facebook if you want: Ricardo Rudel

I do IF 16/8 regardless if i bulk or cut, i never eat below or above 400 calories of my maintanence.

I enver used gear, i tryd ECA Stack in my first year but it wasnt as good as the internet said it would be, thats it.

i literaly dont see a reason to use gear, i dont want to look like a freak and stay generally appealing.

GENETICS = GOOD INSERTIONS MAKING YOU APPEAR BIGGER

ALSO YOU CAN STILL GET RESULTS FROM BROSPLITS, IT WILL JSUT TAKE A FUCK LOT LONGER AND YOU WILL DEFINITELY BE WEAKER

You can hit every muscle two times a week with a split, I know you can do full body workouts three times a week. But thats just too much for most people

Is there any way to train more than 3 times a week while doing a compound lift based routine?

Currently doing ICF 5x5 and I feel like I could definitely be doing more. I've slightly changed the routine to be every second day instead of 3 times a week.

>not doing a 3-day brosplit to maximize aesthetic gains

What a fucking manlet

>Goto your gym and look at the top 10% of the most aesthetic and muscular guys at your gym. They'll all be on bro-splits.

Because they are on steroids m8, that's the argument here.

It's not useless for people who have already built a good strength base.
It is close to useless fr beginners though.

No all of them are.

You're actually fucking retarded if you actually truly believe nobody has ever made really good gains on a brosplit without steroids. I mean fucking really?

Fucking christ.

Because 90% of fitness youtubers are juicing

Wud husband

You keep spamming caps lock, but you haven't cited any facts like

ahh the old "I can't do it so they are cheating and i'm jealous" meme

>ALSO YOU CAN STILL GET RESULTS FROM BROSPLITS, IT WILL JSUT TAKE A FUCK LOT LONGER AND YOU WILL DEFINITELY BE WEAKER
As opposed to doing what routine??

I love everything about this man but his face. put a bag on it and he's my human dildo

Bro splits work well even if ur not on steroids.

Just fucking answer me this one question.

If your GOAL is only to LOOK GOOD NAKED, is a brosplit enough? I don't give a fuck about min-maxing my muscle-gain potentinal, I am not an MMORPG character that's going on a bodybuilding raid that needs to impress a raidleader with min-maxing my aesthetics. I just want to look good naked. Surely a brosplit is more than enough to do that?

When I work chest once a week or shoulder or legs I get a fucking pump that lasts me at least 4 days. And obviously I can push myself harder if I'm only working one thing that day.

Because brosplits work fine. Doing every muscle group once a week works fine if you accompany it with good diet.

>for anyone who is natural doing chest day, shoulder day, leg day, arms day etc

I don't think many people advocate anything like that. Usually one day is chest/triceps, one day is back/biceps, one day is legs, and shoulders are either on leg day or on chest day. It works fine, it's been a proven routine for decades, and it means a beginner has time to learn the correct form without overworking their entire body by doing fucking squats every day like an autist.

Yes, a brosplit is more than enough to do that. Just do the exercises right and keep a decently healthy lifestyle outside the gym.

Recovery time is also longer mate

PPL, you squat, bench and dl twice a week.

I never did get a 6 day PPL split. Deadlifts make it impractical, I think. Do you do deadlifts on pull day or leg day? If you do it on pull day, then your hamstrings and glutes are still sore on leg day when you're supposed to squat. If you do it on leg day, then your back and forearms are still sore on back day when you're supposed to row, pull up etc. There is no way you're getting enough rest.

do pull first before push

but then it's pull / push / LEGS / PULL / push / legs / off

the ones in caps are still adjacent to each other

I'm thinking maybe take a rest day after pull day before leg day. so push pull rest leg.

I've seen routines like coolcicadas PPL that suggest something along the lines of PPL rest PPL rest ~

Yeah, if it's an 8 day cycle, I think it's fine, but within a week it might be too clustered to allow proper recovery.

All this over obsession with routines and only a few of you are bringing up nutrition.

Whatever routine you do, as long as you're tearing fibers you'll grow, and as long as you're lifting heavy you'll get stronger progressively.

But if you eat like shit or fuck your macros and calories up it won't matter what you do, you'll lose gains.

Efficiency isn't always about muscle growth, sometimes it's more efficient to bro split if you find it more fun, it motivates you more than a full body or upper lower. So bro split

I like full body, I deadlift 3 days a week and do compounds lile dips, pull-ups, presses. I like that. But I would focus way more on nutrition because that's the real hard part, not lifting shit up and down.

100% agreed. I've been through like 10 different routines before settling on one that works the best for me, and everyone should experiment and not be afraid to modify existing routines. After all, it's your body.

The one thing that everyone should unequivocally put effort into is nutrition. All your hard work is going down the drain if you're not giving your body the fuel it needs to grow.

Lifting for two months now, 6'3" 190:

A Day:
3x5 Bench 175lbs
3x5 Squat 225
3x5 Incline Bench 135lbs
3x5 Weighted Dips +30lbs
Ab Shit

B Day:
3x5 OHP 105lbs
3x5 Standing Rows 95lbs
3x5 Wide Grip Pullups
3x8 Lat Pulldowns
More Ab Shit

C Day: (My back has been severly underdevloped since I injured it way back in highschool. Working hard at improving these numbers.)

1x5 Diddly 215lbs
3x5 Leg Press
3x5 Calf Raises
3x5 Squats 225lbs

Critique? Not really sticking with a specific program but I've seen some pretty ridiculous gains sticking with this and some ISOs thrown in there. My friends who've been lifting a long time pretty much drew this up for me.

Other than no cardio shown I don't really see anything wrong like you said you're noticing gains so it's working for you. Good compounds in it and assuming good form, no signs of plateauing then keep at it for another couple months and re evaluate.

I find that I was able to eliminate calf Isos with jumping rope and the rower machine really helped my back progress.

Nice thoigh

Something like a push-pull-push-pull, or full body 3x a week is what he's advocating I belieb.
For natties they say it's better to hit muscle groups with more frequency rather than with one high volume session.

Great suggestion, I play basketball for cardio and that seems to help with my flexibility, which is nice. Jumping rope seems perfect.

I have one full body workout day combined with hiit. Essentially it's my "crossfit" day.

The rest is just targeted muscles ending with abs and either some stairs or rope climbing.

10lbs away from my goal of 15 percent bodyfat. Then we'll go from there.

>3pl8 bench
>2 years

Nice shitpost bro

That's not an unreasonable amount to bench after 2 years.....for a man

Please be trolling.
On my first day at the gym i was able to bench lmao1pl8 for 5 reps, i could add 2.5kg per week till i reached 35kg per side and then increased my bench like 2.5kg per month till i reached lmao2pl8 20 reps, which made me try to go for lmao3pl8 5 reps and i succeded after 25 month of lifting.

maybe start eating and stop shitposting on Veeky Forums and you might reach a good bench kid.

Because they don't know shit. They're parroting crap they heard online. Why do you think they use roids in the first place? They're stupid and lazy. They aren't the type of people who've got it down to a science, they just cheat and copy/paste information.

what if i dont care about numbers?

>tfw went from doing mostly machines on brosplit for half a year and had shit gains
>went all free weights brosplit for the past 2 months and made twice the gains

High intensity works

i did zyzz routine in the first 3 months:
monday chest/bicep
tuesday legs/calves
wednesday back
thursday shoulder/tricep
friday rest
saturday full body (always skipped that one)
sunday rest

it worked for a few weeks (gained a good amount until it suddenly stopped).
started ppl a month ago and it's going better than the zyzz routine (obviously cuz i'm not on roids and started with a roid routine as beginner lolz)

"For untrained individuals, maximal strength gains are elicited at a mean training intensity of 60% of 1 repetition maximum (1RM), 3 days per week, and with a mean training volume of 4 sets per muscle group. Recreationally trained nonathletes exhibit maximal strength gains with a mean training intensity of 80% of 1RM, 2 days per week, and a mean volume of 4 sets. For athlete populations, maximal strength gains are elicited at a mean training intensity of 85% of 1RM, 2 days per week, and with a mean training volume of 8 sets per muscle group. These meta-analyses demonstrate that the effort-to-benefit ratio is different for untrained, recreationally trained, and athlete populations; thus, emphasizing the necessity of appropriate exercise prescription to optimize training effect. Exercise professionals may apply these dose-response trends to prescribe appropriate, goal-oriented training programs."

" The results demonstrate that given sufficient frequency, intensity and volume of work, all three types of muscle actions can induce significant hypertrophy at an impressive rate and that, at present, there is insufficient evidence for the superiority of any mode and/or type of muscle action over other modes and types of training. Tentative dose-response relationships for each variable are outlined, based on the available evidence, and interactions between variables are discussed. In addition, recommendations for training and suggestions for further research are given."

This is what the abstracts of both articles say, i really don't see how they support why brosplits or other routines are better

For anyone curious:
youtube.com/watch?v=5NqtfvR7v4A

Biggest guys on my gym do 2-day splits. They deadlift, squat, bench and do pull ups.
You think youre big when doing db bench press with 45lbs dumbells? The big guy benches 450. Only these 170lbs "ripped" guys do brosplits.

same guy, also if you want facts for why brosplits are SUBOPTIMAL (notice that they are not BAD, just not as good)

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11255140

That says that your muscles get all the protein they need (grow) during the max 48hours after exercise. Thus training those muscles every 48hours or so is optimal, rather than 24hx7 as a brosplit does.

And to all the newbies reading this post: guys... just to whathever you prefer. ANYTHING you do (crossfit, brosplits, cutting the grass of your yard with weights attached to your toes...) is going to be THOUSANDS of times better than not doing anything. Sticking with something (aka doing something you like) will help you far more than sticking for 2 months to the "best thing"

Whatever you do, do it intense (work hard), WORK ON YOUR DIET (the most important thing to gain muscles), and rest enough (sleeping and lowering stress).

And, in my opinion + research i've seen : training muscle groups twice per week >> brosplits

whats a FFMI?

>90kg bodyweight
>benching 140kg for EIGHT reps after two years on a brosplit where you only bench 4 times a month
are you sure you're not new? That doesn't happen on a brosplit

sorry im new here but I have to ask:
who is dyel?

FFMI = your LEAN body mass [kg] / height [m]

example the guy above said:
90kg 11%bodyfat and 183cm
IIFM= (0.89*90) / (1.83^2) = 24ish if i did it good

DYEL = Do You Even Lift?
term used to call someone that doesn't look like he lifts. IGNORE IT, people that say it are 95% times shitposting (trolling) or exagerating.

fuck i'm retarded:
FFMI = your LEAN body mass [kg] / (height[m]^2)

Ah ok thanks that clears it up.

fat free mass index
google it you pleb

obvious lies

thanks for the shitpost m8

point out the "lies" please, im curious.

Hello I'm new here,
what is a nattie?

Fuck you, you fucking tripfag. Fuck off.