Living forever?

What does Veeky Forums think of this? Depressed robots that want to die need not post.

inverse.com/article/14614-gene-therapy-makes-bioviva-ceo-elizabeth-parrish-younger-blunter-and-resolute

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8iYpxRXlboQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qMAwnA5WvLc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A real man doesn't want to live forever.

A real man doesn't die, even when he's killed.

I would live for ever if i could

she's just trying to sell shit

>he doesn't crave the sweet release of death

The only reason my life is tolerable is because it'll end some day. If I had to live forever I'd kill myself.

Wait then why not end it right now? You're not making sense.

Doesn't living forever devalue life?

I would want to live forever to see how this all plays out but I also find peace in knowing death is a way out of everything.

Biological habit. It's like not walking out of a theatre during a bad movie, but if it went on forever I would leave immediately. Life isn't bad enough to go through with the pain and fear of suicide.

How so? Not dyig would make life far more meaningful

Most likely.
I cant believe anything that claims good things anymore.
Im already expecting her to get cancer and die a most horrible death

>infinitie time to do anything you want
Why would people do anything?
Economically speaking an infinite supply of time makes demand infinitely little.

Its not infinite, you only have 24 hours a day.
How would people act differently if they lived forever? I dont think theres any evidence what people might do, but this much is certain, people dont think about when theyre gonna die unless they have a terminal illness that kills them before their time.

Tl;dr people dont give a fuck how long they live

INFINITE GAINS

no matter what, you will die at some point, if not from age then by something else worse than age.

might as well deal with it instead of trying to run from it.

Why the fuck not? There is so much to experience and learn in the world.

Yeah but you can live really long

A few months ago, I was watching a documentary on the migrants invasion of Europe with my grandpa, who fought two wars (WW2 and Algeria). At some point, he looked at me in the eyes and told me he was glad he was soon going to die, because he doesn't want to live through what is coming and doesn't want to watch how so much war comrades of him died for nothing.
Dying is a relief, because everything you could ever do in your life is ultimately destined to be destroyed, and it's the most painful thing imaginable.

why the fuck would i want to live really long, i'll watch everyone i know and care about die and watch myself become less and less in touch with modern culture until i'm an artificially alive relic and half mad from just being alive for too fuckin long, then you still die

Everyone gets to live really long faget so that doesnt happen
Also you stay young forever and not grow old

>so much to experience and learn in the world.

>12 tabs open on the chon

oh

in that case sign me up

srs though, this sounds like media hype to me. if we are really making headway for immortality, we'd be hearing much more about this.

would be cool though, geniuses would never have to die or anything and can keep flowing knowledge out of their minds for centuries

>this sounds like media hype to me. if we are really making headway for immortality, we'd be hearing much more about this
I'm getting mixed messages here

Living forever is a curse. That's why heaven can't be real too.

Prove it

I could watch so much more anime.

the same reason we do anything now. boredom

but say 1-3k years would be nice.

We all live forever in the endless cycle of death and rebirth. It is those who have reached true enlightenment escape this endless cycle.

>Implying anyone on Veeky Forums is rich enough to afford immortality

>Implying the world won't go to absolute shit when the already super elite can now dangle the carrot of eternal life in front of wageslaves as the ultimate bartering chip for complacency and servitude.

Cmon, the super elite already do what they want
Society will change because people dont die, but not the way you describe it

She talks about going to a SENS conference as her inspiration for working on this. SENS is Aubrey de Grey's organization. He's got some videos on YouTube that are worth watching:

youtube.com/watch?v=8iYpxRXlboQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qMAwnA5WvLc
(You can find a lot more by searching YouTube for his name)

I've heard Aubrey de Grey say that the importance of telomere shortening for the aging process has been dramatically overemphasized, but in the article this seems to be what they are suggesting has been mitigated.

Whether or not he's right about how near we are to achieving it, he's definitely right about two things, which are that we're going to get there eventually and that 99.9% of the reasons people come up with that this is a bad idea are complete bullshit.

I wouldn't mind a few more years at a biologically young age. Being physically 25-30 until my 50s, and then living up until 140 max, then I'd be absolutely ready to die.

kek

>implying supply and demand doesn't exist
>implying it wont get cheaper as more people have it

lrn2economics reddit, you make money only by having people to sell things to

you wouldn't want to live to explore space or after the cyberization of humanity?

>not wanting to be reunited with your loved ones and ultimately become a perfect being once again

You'll never make it

Dude, living forever means you will watch your loved ones age and die. I never want to experience such a thing. Losing your grandparents, parents is already hard enough, but to lose a child is the greatest pain of all. I'm scared witless just thinking about it