Convince me not to do pullups instead of rows

convince me not to do pullups instead of rows

I'd say you're doing it wrong if you're not doing both.

do both, you fucking fag

Pullups have a longer range of motion and more upperbody involvement.

its assistance work, do both

i dislike rows
isn't that an argument for pullups?

Quite obviously, yes.

that argument neglects that rows work lower back and explosiveness, and makes you better at pulling without requiring a lot to technique (like a powerclean)
t. broscientist

*also, can be done one hand at a time (bumbbells) so you don't run out of breath which for some people is a problem with high-repetition pullups

rows are not comparable to a power clean

ok im just going back to /owg/ and staying there

you've never seen Rip rowing

They are completely different planes of movement. It is important to do both. If you only did pull-ups it'd be like just doing OHP and not doing bench for your chest. It's the inbetween movements that are skippable, like incline and decline.

Why would you make threads like this?
I get it, it's difficult to get a straight answer from Veeky Forums by simply asking, but this is one of those rare exceptions where you could have used google and received the same answer much more rapidly and from actually reputable sources instead of anonymous users whose fitness level you have no way of knowing.

Did you really need to 'bait' people into answering? Couldn't you have just googled what you needed?

We live in an age where every person on the planet had instant access to the collective cluster of all knowledge ever ammazzed by the entire human race in thousands of years, and yet there's people like you who turn their head away from the well of knowledge because they feel 'safer' getting their water from the familiar well.

came here to say exactly this.

Trappy I want to stick my shaft in your stink hole.

Not sure if you're being entirely serious, but

>rows work lower back

Which is something you shouldn't worry about if you're deadlifting and squatting.

>explosiveness

Any strength lift will make you more explosive. Squats being able to increase your vertical jump on their own is a good example of that.

However, there's a big difference in explosiveness requirement between slow lifts (like rows or squats) and fast lifts (like the clean).
Even a Pendlay Row can be done slowly or grinded through.
A clean cannot. You either produce enough acceleration at the specific brief moments, or you fail the lift.

>run out of breath which for some people is a problem with high-repetition pullups

Training leads to adaptation.

>Training leads to adaptation.
>t. DYEL
the sheer tonnage of a set of 20 chinups is a lot, enough to wind anyone at any level, on any exercise with comparable ROM
>inb4 meme chart implying there are no gains over 12 reps

>pendlay
>grinded
no

No, get that wingspan faggot

Trappy do chin ups still work the rear Delts?

>implying fucking up your lower back with rows is a good thing

Yes, it's explained in the picture. In act, chinups and closegrip pullups work them more than widegrip pullups.

Rows are r/fitness
Weighted pullups are Veeky Forums

Do chin ups instead.

>Fucking up your back with rows

Is such autism even possible?

horizontal pulls are only good if pulled high imo. otherwise it's just
>shit scap retraction
>half the shoulder extension ROM
do weighted chins/pullups for your lats
do a horizontal pull higher up the chest for traps/rhomboids/rear delts etc

Eh, if you're doing it at like a weight were you can do an 8+ rep range maybe. But at a weight you can do 4-6 reps or lower max? Fuck no