Didn't find one so I will start it

didn't find one so I will start it
Would training 6 times a week on PSMF kill me? if so, should I do PPL instead of PPLPPL the weeks of PSMF?
Is diet coke allowed when doing PSMF?

Is fishoil just a meme or does it actually help muscle development?

I get back from the gym around 10-11 and have dinner afterwards immediately followed by bed.

Am I shooting myself in the foot by eating so late?

Yes. Walking is strenuous on PSMF. Do heavy singles at most. Yes, Diet Coke is fine.

Fish oil won't help your muscle gains. It's for overall health.

You're fine. Kcals and macros are more important than timing by a lot.

Trying to lose weight and keeping myself under 1500 cal. per day

Are unsalted dry-roasted peanuts a good snack as long as I measure them carefully and add their calories to my daily count?

should I maybe do 3 workouts.week and reduce the volume by 1/3? I would probably drink 2l of diet coke/daily

Yeah but they aren't very voluminous because of how calorie dense they are so as a cutting snack they aren't the greatest if you have issues feeling sated

What would happen if I ate 300 calories over maintenance on the days that I lift and then eat 300 below on days that I don't lift?

Putting my dog down today. Need to absolutely rip shit in the gym today to fuck off the feels.

Peanut is a legume and not a real nut. Almonds are way healthier.

You would probably get a bit leaner. But remember that you need those extra calories roughly 36 hours post-workout, not just "on days that I lift".

Am I being rused by people recommending Greyskull? The hypertrophy focused program has push and chinup EVERY day on top of weighttraining 3 days which is also supposed to happen in the afternoon.

And throughout every day youre supposed to to these push and chinups, like I'm just busting out a pullup bar in the middle of work or class?

When calculating my TDEE, it says 'light exercise', 'moderate exercise', etc. I do about 7 hours of cycling a week, plus some other cardio about 2 hours a week (running, misc exercises at home like push ups etc.), but I don't lift (yeah). Should I mark low exercise still?

Hey Veeky Forums, so I started getting serious about working out around the end of January. I started off doing machines and the other bullshit but have been doing brosplits for the last two months or so. Started SS today and I'm having a hard time finding my numbers. Is it also normal to feel uncomfortable with how little I'm doing in the gym on SS compared to what I was doing before?

TLDR: Should switching to SS after Brosplits feel like I'm doing less of a workout? At least in the beginning

Should I run today or lift?

I'm on a cut, btw...

what should i be doing for deadlifts (after warm up sets)?

3x5
3x3
1x5?

way I understand it is that because warmups on deads can be pretty strenuous alone, one top set is enough.

Do I have wide hips? Also, bf estimate?

FUUUCCCKKK

What is proper vs. improper form on pull-ups?
I feel like I'm doing everything right, but I also feel like I'm only using my arms, and the reason I want to do pull-ups is both for arms and back.

For chrissakes take a proper picture of yourself without slouching over.

But no, it doesn't look like you have wide hips. BF between 16 and 18%.

Theoretically, what would happen if I did arms everyday?

And how long would it take till tendon bicep tear?

I'm not slouching. What do you mean?

when doing any type of abdominal exercise, my back hurts before my abs. is this common and how do I fix it?

Your back is probably sagging down. Keep it straight or hunched up a tiny bit

so I eliminated bread and starchy foods from my diet. now anybody knows what I can switch bread and rice with? For maximum carbohydrate loss I mean.

Will doing 2x8 instead of 3x8 affect my gains? I figured it'll be easier than waiting for a session where I do 3x8. Or should I nip thsi idea in the bud?
Also is doing DB flyes with around 60% of my bench a good way to help my chest grow?

I got recommended to do a 6 day PPL split in another thread

what should I even do for a 6 day PPL split?

What's wrong with wearing basketball shorts to the gym? They're functional and cheap
and I'm poor

there is nothing wrong in wearing basketball shorts to the gym and anybody who says otherwise is a faggot.

it's just a meme

How bearable is it to run in 0°C with shorts and a hoodie? I want to run tomorrow at 6am before uni and stuff but the forecast says it's gonna be 0° otuside. I don't even have gloves. Should I do it, or will I just feel like shit after the run?

How bad is it to do cardio and lifting on the same day? My goal isn't to get huge, I just want to lose body fat and look less skinny.

I use myprotein, is there any benefit to me getting ON whey or at least trying it out? Will the extra 3-4 grams of protein per scoop matter?

As long as you aren't wrecked by lifting before cardio (or vice versa if you warm up with cardio) you should be ok. Don't expect to gain much strength number wise as you're cutting alongside losing calories via cardio.

Fell for the meme

Shouldn't be bad at all. But then again I'm in buttfuck Canada.

It will be worst before you start but your body will warm up quick. Think of it like going into a pool.

does greek yogurt cost like $5 each? I mean it has 4 servings but fuck wasting $5 each day for this.

in my experience ON, ISO PURE and UNIVERSAL are alright brands

No matter how much I eat I am almost literally constantly hungry.

What the fuck do?

Veggies are your best friend.

Let's hypothetically say I can't sleep well on a day where I lift. Is 6-7 hours of sleep as opposed to the golden 8-10 detrimental?

Any benefit from eating raw eggs like in Rocky? Or is it just a meme?

What do you guys mean when you say volume vs. Intensity? When it comes to lowering weight and reps during a cut I see that phrase a lot. Or something similar to it.

Getting them down fast I guess? I can't imagine it's very safe.

Volume = amount of reps. Intensity = weight.

Any know how to heal itbs?? Shit has been killing me

They're more convenient, but it's actually better to cook the eggs as it makes the protein more digestible.

What's the reasoning behind doing a set amount of reps instead of always going to failure? Wouldn't it be better to push your limit?

It lets you get more volume in overall, which (assuming you're not totally cruising on those sets) is what brings gains.

Also some movements are kinda dangerous if taken to failure.

When trying to gain muscle mass, do I have to eat more calories than needed only on workout days or everyday?

Protein synthesis can take up to 48 hours to complete post-workout, so you need to eat at a surplus on rest days too.

>Also some movements are kinda dangerous if taken to failure
this. You probably don't want to fail often on Power Cleans or OHP.

I've went from 148 to 163lbs @ 6'0 (skelly)

I figured out that I was eating probably around 1500-2000 calories a day. Eating is hard for me so I aim for eating 3k cals a day. What is annoying me is that I'm gaining a LOT of fat around my belly/lower belly. I'm enjoying the mass gains around other parts of my body but holy fuck my gut just exploded out. I'm still lean but it's really bothering me since all my life I had a nice flat stomach.

I know that you will always gain bodyfat while bulking, but I think it's an absurd amount I've gained on my stomach. I really believe I eat clean too; no fast food, good meats, lots and lots of nuts and trail mix.

Any ideas why? Just genetically fucked?

Pic related

150lbs 6'2" with bellyfat and other various fats. Should I calorie count to lose weight or should I focus on lifting first?
Never lifted before and am skinnyfat.

is cardio right before bed a good idea?

DO BOTH FAGGOT

176 and 5'7 is just fat irhgt, not skinnyfat?

Yea but do I eat at a calorie deficit and lift or do I slow bulk and lift?
I want nice lookin abs and care about strength less but it's still important.

Should I reduce PPL to half the days on a PSMF cut?

Can the chinese be trusted?

I'd also like to know.
I'm waiting for a bunch of swimsuits/jammers in the mail and I hope they compete decently with my seemingly overpriced $60 ones.

i don't know can you burn a copy of pants? i don't think the chinese have figured that out yet......the gwai lo bossman still stands guard at the trade harbor rejecting inferiority

I'm considered doing PPL, except adding a separate day for bis/tris, and not doing them on my push/pull days - a total of 4 workout days a week. Is that enough volume or will I not be making gains?

I just started jogging/walking every night....i am just wondering. I read a thing about going from "couch potato" to 5k in like a month and a half or some shit like that....they recommend doing 3x per week.

I have been doing it every night, but this is my 3rd night and although i don't really want to do it tonight, I think I should just to keep at it, but my left knee hurts a little bit....probably because this is the first jogging I have done in years. First night I got side pains but that has actually toned down pretty quickly.

should I cut it back to the 3x per week and just stay with that to give my joints a night or two off?

if this is your first time jogging in a long time, ease into it... your body needs to get used to these sorts of motions

ok, maybe I'll just go for a walk instead tonight. Luckily I don't carry a whole lot of extra weight, but as i get tired my running motion just becomes a series of stomping and people can probably hear me coming a 100 yards away....that is probably what is doing it.

Right now, as I finish, it takes me about 5-7 minutes or so for my heart rate to calm down.

Walking feels like a waste of time though.

Slow and steady mate, an injury could put you back a week as opposed to a single slow night

I don't know all your stats and all, but when I first started getting fit, I eased into it really slow... I didn't follow any programs, just did light cardio and worked my way up, listening to what my body had to tell me... then I started doing research and lifting

I was able to get my heart rate up a little but i guess.....my stats are 5'11" and about 145lbs

So I just had some moles removed (big nasty fucker on my back) by excision. The doctor advised me not to exercise for two weeks. My questions are:

>will I lose any noticable muscle mass?
>I was lean bulking before, eating at a 300cal surplus, do I now just eat at maintainance for the two weeks?
>Any general tips on aftercare?

will there be a scar? i have one of my thigh that needs to go...how much does it cost?

Scarring is inevitable with excision, but I personally don't mind that. Apply sunscreen if the scar is exposed and moisturize. The cost varies by country, whether or not the mole is malignant etc.

Is power cleaning the bar to OHP better than doing OHP straight from the rack? It seems like an effortless way of incorporating power cleans into my PPL.

It makes very little difference. Doesn't really count as training the power clean though - you need to be either a very bad cleaner or very strong presser for the weights to be close.

what is pmsf

Protein Sparing Modified Fast, it's a high protein, low carbs, low fats type of cut. you eat 800-1200 calories a day in form of proteins basically.

Im a wristlet and calflet, will this impede progress in my lifting carreer?

So you basically eat only chicken breast or what?

yes, you can search rapid weight loss handbook for more info.

does flavoured whey have more carbs than unflavoured one?

To much calories, aim for about 2500-2700 max, anymore and will just get turned to fat

It honestly depends on the brand but the one I use is not noticeably different. Whey is sort of marketed towards those who go too in depth with their macros.

There's a blood donation drive at college tomorrow morning. I'm going to have a workout early morning day after tomorrow. I'm doing GSLP because I'm still in my noob-gains phase. Will my chances of PRing go down if I donate blood tomorrow?