So, yesterday my former roommate committed suicide. He was a Veeky Forumsizen. I'm still in shock that he passed...

So, yesterday my former roommate committed suicide. He was a Veeky Forumsizen. I'm still in shock that he passed. But I wanted to know that you guys lost a member of your community. He wasn't even 21 yet. I don't know what caused it, but I suspect he cracked under pressure from school and bad family relationships. Rest in peace.

*to let you guys know

how tall was he?

rip

this could have been me, but no one would come here to tell you guys

Top kek

Early twenties is also when lots of mental illnesses kick in for males, so who knows. Friend of mine growing up did the same. No one had any clue why.
Sorry man.

Sounds like my husband when he was a robot
>irony be that 4ch captcha says "I'm not a robot" every single time you make a post on /r9k/

It, honestly, will only improve when you WANT to improve. It's easy to dwell and obsess about mistakes, pain and regrets. A lot of people aspire to better themselves from inner pain, butt the same pain that pushed them forward will push them to suicide. It's a vicious cycle.

Pain will never cease to exist unless you want happiness bad enough. Your friend stared into the abyss and the abyss simply stared back.

P/s: You're likely to become an hero too, given your circumstances. Just take care of yourself brother

I'm gonna live forever

laughed out loud

Me too, duder!

I think he was about 5'9 or so. But he was in shape.

True. Thanks man.

That's what scares me so much. He seemed like a normal happy guy, he had lots of friends, he went out partying often, didn't seem to have much trouble getting women, doing well for himself in school, had a bright future ahead of him. He wanted to be a lawyer. I wish I knew he was even considering it, I would have reached out to him... but it's too late now.

nbice blogpost?

maybe the manlet trolling got to him

guess he finally learned

This so much.
No psychological reason is enough to kill yourself.

I've wanted to do it, but never did.
You just can't follow your feelings 24/7.

In first world countries, killing yourself is beyond retard mode.

this

>In first world countries, killing yourself is beyond retard mode.
normie GET OUT

Humans get over everything. It is known. This, too, will pass

Don't become an hero. Are you white by any means? Suicide rates among white males are the highest of all due to the lack of family structure and strong bonds. Your friend might have had everything but family love and true, sacrificial friendships.

I live in a college town and I'm 19. Everybody here seems like they're all the same person, speaking from a script and completely devoid of the capability of forming a true friendship (where you're willing to sacrifice for one another and not just for partying/smoke buddy/fucking/all that bs)

No wonder. Veeky Forums and lifting in general attracts mainly depressed people. They fall for the meme that lifting will help their depression. While that may work for a little, in the long run it will make you even more depressed and lonelier.

Hope he found the peace he was looking for.

>everyone who is privileged has to be happy
there you have your beyond retard mode

going through a down myself right now

a hearty hug to everyone bro who needs it

You're not on fucking /r9k/ and /r9k/ is your fucking containment board. I seriously hope that you toxic fucks will organize a "Become An Hero Day" where you commit mass suicide. Sorry but you're all lost causes and the last thing you want to be is happy. You go out of your way to make everyone else unhappy too. Fuck you

hang on breh. feels are temporary, glory is eternal.

I understand. He just never seemed like the type of guy to go forward with this type of thing. I never really was too close to him and while I mourn his death, it's not hitting me hard like it might one of his closer friends... I'm not thinking about suicide over it, just bummed out that he took his own life instead of persevering through the hardships and letting life take its course.

I am a white male, my friend was black. I'd like to think that my family relationships are decent enough but could always be better, and same with friends, I could always use stronger friendships but I'm decently content with what I already have. He would complain about his parents, it was like he felt as if they pushed him too hard or were helicopter type parents and he was sort of in a rebellious faze in college of drinking/smoking/partying to contrast that, which ultimately really strained their relationship. I don't know much about his relationships with his friends, but he always seemed to be happy with them. Maybe he had that mindset of not really connecting with people outside of that like you said.

Imo youd have to be insane to kill yourself because of an irrational reason. If it meant saving another person or relieving someone of their burden to carry you, maybe.
But if you are a capable person with a rational mind, you wont kill yourself

How did he kill himself?

My general anxiety manifested when I hit 25. I'm 28 and just diagnosed with ADHD-C. It explains why it took me 7 years to get through undergrad.

F

>he fell for that "Veeky Forums isn't the new /r9k/ after the normies took over the old /r9k/" meme

normies when will they learn

It's just that we are ingrained by the media, our friends, everything to go through a "rebellious phase". It doesn't have to be that way. You can grow into your own person without burning bridges with your family. I almost believe in the conspiracy theory that there's some big boogey man out there trying to break the family unit apart.

Maybe he would have been fine if he stayed close to his family. You, and we all should learn to stay close to those who sacrifice for us i.e your parents did a lot of that. This is becoming less true as I've babysat for many and these young parents are all so lackluster about giving and caring to their children. It's fucking scary.

>robot
>wanting to improve

Pick one

Did you loot his gear?

:(

At least it's the end of his suffering. It was his life, he could do what he wanted with it.

I'm sorry about your loss user.

Bench, no spotter

:)

I think it's just society these days man. It's not intentional. It's just that we're all so focused on the individual anymore. There is no community, no civic engagement. Everything is geared towards glorification of the self.

Civic organizations that organize to do good in their communities are dying. Parents kick their kids out of the house at 18 instead of focusing on the larger success of the family. We're obsessed politically with the appearance of the traditional family instead of supporting the many varied family units that are out there.

Virtue is a dirty word these days. And this is coming from a fedoratheist who gets a lot of values from Greco-Roman stuff.

>humans get over everything
DONT YOU EEEVVVVER FORGET THE 6BILLION GOY

>he was in shape

Yeah for you, maybe in the respawn he get more height

Chocola a shit get this fucking thing out of my face

a tragic squatting accident

Jews are not people

ikr religion and the church has been taken away as a emotional support system as well. Today, you're actually going against the grain for having a religion. It's fucking insane. I go to church with my family every month when I come visit for the weekend. when you think about the design of a church, it's perfect. It's small and communal enough to support its community and it's a weekly gathering that forces everybody to know everyone. There is no alienization of the likes in bureaucratic systems. Idgaf about practicing beliefs but I really do admire how well designed your average, modern-day community churches are.

I'm sorry, I know how it is losing a friend. The first weeks/possibly months will be kind of shitty if you were close but you will get much better with time.

Just out of curiosity, is English your first language?

flame on in the afterlife, little candle

No, my mother tongue is Vietnamese and Czesky but I speak most fluently in English.

RIP

Gonna do this sunday PR on bench in his name.

Last year some guy from our school killed himself.

Rich, handsome, sucessful at school, had everything...

You never know what goes into someones head....

flame on in the afterlife, little candle

when will they learn

when will they learn?

Was he a manlet, faggot, or tranny?

If so good riddance desu senpai

It's actually often the case that the more you work, the more you're doing things from the sweat of your back, getting results, starting a family young, etc., like in 3rd world countries, that you feel a lot more fulfillment and don't have time to dwell on things like existential crises or lack of self-worth

You should take OP roommate example to heart and off yourself too you fucking degenerate

I bet this is HEIGHT FACE FRAME guys fault

rip in peace

rip in peace in advance

so much edge

How the fuck do you know what causes suicide? Are there studies where scientists question suicide victims after they're dead?

They ask people who failed to an hero properly.

Many studies have shown that when you interview those who fail to hero, they regret trying to an hero the instant that there is no going back. Maybe those losers are just saving face after failing yet again but whatevs.

The one that finally learned

>/B/
triggered

Im sorry this happened to you and your friend man.

>you get better if you want to get better

People without an idea of what it's like make me sick desu, you can't just will yourself better no more than you can will a broken leg or a septic wound better.

You too. It honestly makes me mad.

you're not gonna let that protein go to waste are you

This is a prime example of a person who wants it bit he doesn't want it bad enough. He just kinda wants it. I hope you will realize that you too will waste away into nothingness and become another insignificant part of nothingness. Your death will be so fucking pointless.

He was semi-serious about working out. He was in pretty good shape when I first met him, but he did have his moments and he smoked a lot of weed but all in all muscular. Anyways, before I started working out and eating healthy, I really didn't know anything--he had a protein powder container on the bookshelf on his side of the room and I had no idea what it was. I don't know how often he used it (if at all) but it seemed to me like he had the same jug all year

I'm gonna miss him.

Sorry for your loss, user. I hope you both can find some peace.

5k PR attempt for your friend tomorrow.

>inb4 cardiofag

Thanks for all the tributes and good vibes anons, there's going to be a sort of memorial service for him tomorrow, I'll try to pass on all the good vibes...

what part of that post said anything about being happy?