How do I quit this gains destroyer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Up_KMtm0Gn0
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19524224
clinsci.org/content/100/6/613
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

stop drinking.

Don't drink any.

Good luck, I got a felony from getting my car stuck in the dirt by a railroad. That pissed me off enough to stop drinking.

Pretty much this.

We alcys drink until we die or something really bad happens because of it.

Drink liquor and don't get more buzzed than you'd get when drinking beer otherwise it's counter productive

and drink on special occasions mostly, not every day

Just stop lying to your self, and accept the fact that no one actually likes beer

How do you do anything?

You part ways with the weak little bitch who keeps putting it in you.

the day you start drinking alone is the day you've got a drinking problem mate.

drink socially

the easiest way for me was to ease into it. started by not doing it during the day, then you limit what nights you can do it, then you limit how many you can have and keep putting restrictions on it and eventually it just isnt worth it do it or you forget how wonderful it is.

I've been drinking alone for about 5 years.
I'm not drowning in friends right now.

So...yeah.

youtube.com/watch?v=Up_KMtm0Gn0

Drink Liquor instead

Switch to vodka or whiskey. Beer has more calories per the same amount of alcohol

Gtfo I buy 2 tall cans every pay check to treat myself. I dont get the shakes and need 4 shots to function in the morning.

And OP you're not destroying any gains unless you're drinking a multiple 6 packs throughout the day. Have some discipline jesus.

everyone goes through some dark times mate. hang in there

i disagree with that, some people do better alone than with others, introverts and all. however i do think it CAN be a sign, but not necessarily for everyone

>phew, just made my diet last a whole month! lets celebrate with a couple of doughnuts!! Fuck off, im not fat, i just like doughnuts

You wait for the weather to get colder.

post breakup drank for 8 mos straight everyday while lifting. atleast 10-12 beer a night.

finally got tired of it. bought $150 worth of painkillers to help get thru the DTs and to get to sleep and just dropped the bottle like that. was a great investment. on month two now of solid non alcohol inspired gains. the feeling alone of waking up without a hangover wveryday made it worth it, the extra money and knowing my time in the gym isnt wasted are just bonuses.

gl dude

First off we had a thread on this last night.

>Beer is bad for men due to the phytoestrogens
>Liquor is godtier and fine to drink

Just switch over to vodka or whiskey.

Also don't drink as much. I drink alone but it's very rarely more than 1-2 drinks worth.

Literally nothing wrong with that especially when youre eating them once a month.

Get a life, priorities, or some higher reason to not get wasted.

>phytoestrogens

GTFO with this fucking bullshit bro science.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19524224

clinsci.org/content/100/6/613

Why does Veeky Forums insist on regurgitating baseless claims when there are literally mounds of peer reviewed journals saying the opposite?

Also, if you feel the need to stop ingesting phytoestrogens, enjoy not consuming any of the following in addition to beer:

-Soybeans and soy products
-Tempeh
-Linseed (flax)
-Sesame seeds
-Wheatberries
-Fenugreek.
-Oats
-Barley
-Beans
-Lentils
-Yams
-Rice
-Alfalfa
-Mung beans
-Apples
-Carrots
-Pomegranates
-Wheat germ
-Rice bran
-Lupin
-Kudzu
-Coffee
-Licorice root
-Mint
-Ginseng
-bourbon
-Fennel
-Anise
Red clover (sometimes a constituent of green

Limit yourself to a six-pack per week. Don't go ,ore than 3 days in a row with a beer. Drink low alcohol shit instead of high calorie imperial stouts and IPAs.

You could drink pints of sub 4.0% shit and be fine.

If you want to get drunk, drink liquor instead.

woman/fag detected

vodka

Having one or two while watching a movie is no biggy

Having a whiskey every night to get to sleep because of stress IS an issue, though

yea straight up

if youre aware is bad for you that would be enought motivation
>inb4 stop drinking

Glass putdowns and bottle throwaways x f

Do you know, I actually don't consume any of those.

Do you know how many hops you would need to eat for it to have a noticeable effect on your hormones?
An inhuman amount.

If you didn't have a problem, you wouldn't post or ask "how do I quit".

Only an alchy would sit around wondering if they are an alchy,

I did that all the time in undergrad
Only way to make going to classes outside my major enjoyable

I used to drink until i was drunk every night just because i liked it. Then i got depression and even one drink made me want to kill myself so now iam sober 4 years.

You'll be in AA or jail soon enough you degenerate lush

Get on tinder, meet some people.
It's not as hard as people make out, even if you look like a cactus bro

Probably the most normalfag statement I've ever heard

this

This thread is cancer. Beer is fine. Pic related.

congrats on the sobriety, sorry it had to happen how it did bud

Convert to Islam.

It depends on how badly you're hooked.

Next time you think about having a drink, don't.

Dude. You're an alcoholic. Your post is super defensive and dismissive. You sound exactly like my brother befor he started going to AA.

This. Having 2-3 beers a week won't do anything as long as you plan them into your diet.

The brewers droop is an exaggeration. Will working in a hop field, cutting raw hops with your bare hands all day for years fuck with you? Sure. It will also give women big tits that lactate (Brewer's wives were often employed as wet nurses for the wealthy).

Will drinking beer, especially in moderation, do anything? No.

drink water instead when you go to bars

>need 4 shots to function in the morning.

So you literally have an alcohol dependency? Get help brah.

>go out for dinner and have a few beers
>deadlift PR next day
that carb load tho boys

>tfw drinking 1.5L of beer 2 times per week when going out
>easily 1k cals of pure sugar every time
>2 days of cutting wasted

gay

right

Just do H, no calories!

Stupid

I drink once a month at college bars cause it's cheap, has nice environment, fun place to chill, and cute girls.

I don't drink till I pass out or can't even walk. Last time was just because my comp broke and I loved the goddamn thing.

If you offered me a million dollar to finish a glass of beer, I couldn't do it.

I don't know what it is with me, but the amount of rejection my body has for beer is incredible - I literally puke from tasting small bits.
(I'm 21)

Every time you don't drink for a day, reward yourself with a drink

>tfw justifying buying weed with "it's 0 nutrients, better than alcohol" and i instead end up skipping gym days, overeating junk food, and sitting like a dumb ass zombie looking at shitty websites for a week and feeling my intelligence melting away

Fuck this brahs I'm just gonna be sober with the exception of the rare social event that calls for a few beers.

you could just be allergic

good luck user

Switch to heroin.

poor guy, it's so bad he can't admit to himself he has a problem.

I hope you make it through your "chilling" alone in a bar, user.

If you guys chose to drink beer, which one would it be?

Fuck that meth is the way to go, im talkin negative calories bruv

>go Keto
>be forced to drink LC Beer
>stuff takes like shit
>takes only a few to get drunk
>bloat the hell out of you so much that you can't fit anymore than 4 in
>go to bed

>just touching beer makes you an alcoholic

Hey OP, I'm an alco.

Let me give you THREE pieces of advice from someone who's tried everything and finally figuring it out.

1.) The biggest lie an addict can tell themselves is that they'll be fine if they can just cut back and enjoy it in moderation.

Well you are here asking how to quit, so you've obviously tried that road and it didn't work out. You're not alone. It rarely ever works for anyone. You have to full-on quit.

2.) If you go into a barbershop every day, eventually you're going to get a haircut.

That means stop going to the bar, stop buying liquor/beer for the house, and stop hanging out with drinkers when they're doing nothing except drinking. Sorry, but removing 90% of the temptation does most of the work for you.

3.) Literally EVERYTHING about your life will be improved when you stop drinking... usually within a few days. Better breath, more money, better sleep, better hormones, nicer skin, nicer eyes, better blood pressure, less fat, clearer thoughts, better work/school performance. EVERYTHING.

If you have anxiety or triggers that make you want to drink, then find a different approach to coping with them. Alcohol might work, but it comes with a bunch of side shit that fucks you over in the long term. There are other answers to your problems/triggers that can fix them without Alcohol. Just ask someone.

Best of luck to you!

I've been mostly drinking alone since I turned twenty one last year. When I'm with people I prefer to be sober, or if drinking is obligated then to have a pint and stop. Is that bad? I just find it more enjoyable to play some games or read while drinking.

>-Licorice root
>-Mint
>-Ginseng
>-bourbon
>-Fennel
>-Anise

Fuck, but I love all of those.

I'm more of a stout and porter man, I also like Belgian dubbles and tripples

>stouts and porters

This.

Dark beers are god-tier, but everyone I know only drinks hard lemonade or cider cause they think all beers are garbage

This is the most pussy thing anyone has ever said

>not slamming a beer before every lifting session

its like you all really don't want to make it

2 drinks every 2 weeks is not a problem. Why would you coax him into going there?

It was an example dude as i dont get withdrawal shakes and dont need 4 shots to function. Shit I cant even buy a bottle right now if I wanted.

Drinking alone to get over the loss of your computer? Lol it keeps getting worse.

He went on his own. We were all surprised to find out he had a drinking problem because he drank alone.

What does heroin feel like?

>not slamming a beer before and after lifting

Beer is the new whey user, haven't you heard?

like what a lot of people are saying: a few beers a week is fine as long as you're fitting it into your diet. the biggest problem I've noticed, being a recent college grad, is that many of my friends still love drinking almost everyday and are hooked on the micro brew craze (I live in Portland). everyone thinks it's cool to be drinking this or what IPA or IIPA or whatever the fuck. watching all my friends over the last couple years just get fatter and fatter is funny as fuck. When we go out on a friday/saturday I don't even drink beer -- just a two straight shots of tequila for the whole night and I'm good. Can't handle the hangovers anymore anyways.

keep drinking until you kill yourself. we need to weed out people with no ability to control their own actions

I'll slam your tight boipucci before going to the gym. Also:

>implying one beer makes me feel anything

Booze is just an anchor that'll drown you man

IPA

If you want to get specific I love American West Coast IPAs. Currently having one now.

> milk is for babies, beer is for men

-Arnold

/thread

You fucking piece of shit. I'd like to knock your block off

replace it with liquor, reduce dietary fat intake on drinking days, don't drink in excess, and be good enough at drinking to not let it make you binge eat.

Resolve your emotional issues, bro

I've been drinking alone since I tasted alcohol for the first time

Bro they have beer with protein in it just do your research there's a decent tasting one too for around 24g of protein at around 300 calories.

Keep the drinking to 2007scape

what's the point? it's not like you're gonna feel anything unless you're a 100lbs woman

>tfw cant drink because of anti-inflammatory medicine im on

FUUARRK. I REALLY WANT A BEER RIGHT NOW

I wish I could.

I live at home with my Mom. My mom is bankrupt and has Multiple Sclerosis, a neurological degenerative disease. I can only watch helplessly as she falls deeper down the hole into disability, eventually the disease will claim her life. I am an only child of a single parent, Im all she has.

replace with mary

Replace it with 0 cal drinks and some cheap vodka desu senpai

I've cut back on beer a lot lately and am sticking with vodka only.

Sucks, because I love beer, but fuckin way she goes boys

>tfw limit myself to one weekend of drinking a month
>haven't gone out drinking for 2 months
>end of this week partying and dancing all night

Fuck brehs. Make drinking your reward after a hard time of dedication. Makes it feel better

Drink spirits instead.

From what little science I know I imagine it would feel like morphine but with a much more powerful rush.

the tragedy with the dark beers is
>all dat malt
>dem alcohol percentages
I love those imperial stouts, but they are possibly THE most destructive beer for me.

Had a bottle of wine Sunday. Do everything week, usually more. Don't give AF. Feels good and I'm still losing weight on a cut. I drink once a week and have however much I want. It's called discipline lads.