Aging

When does the inevitable decline start?

I like to think as myself as someone who has only gotten better with age. I'm 28 and looking back at pictures of me when I was 23 it's quite shocking. We're 4 months into 2016 and I've already smashed my entire 2015 PRs for both 5K and 10K. I'm faster, stronger, and more dedicated than I've ever been in my life.

I plan on progressing for the foreseeable future but at some point father time is going to show up and it will be an uphill battle that I'll continue to fight.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rGgoCm1hofM
youtube.com/watch?v=emGri7i8Y2Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

JUST

I started lifting at 23

I'm 29 now and I can already feel my strenght decreasing slowly over time.

>tfw regressive under load instead of progressive overload

I've tried eating more and improving routine but i just gain fat and the strenght keeps slowly going down.

I'm starting see now what all the 30-40 year olds talk about when they say we have it good in our 20s

I think I might be immortal or a vampire, I haven't aged a day since I was 16 and I'm 28 now

25 is the average for males.
Hairline (widows peak or balding) is a general first sign and it's hard to find a man in his twenties without a widows peak.
Next noticeable thing is longer to recover from general stress.
Eventual injury that puts you out of your workout zone for a few months.
You may recover, but it's never 100% and you realize you remember being 18 and breaking a foot and just laughing it off like it was nothing.

budd, you know you just have to get on the gain train like the rest of us. Shit you are only fucking 29. You don't see anything going until you hit your 30's. I'm 32 and still making gains.

Widows peak isn't a balding thing m8.

Late 20s - Early/mid 30s is the general rule

Is that real? Holy shit.

Then again it's mostly the fat part.

32 here, depends on how much you drink/drug.

He's aged pretty well. The issue is he started off looking like a pug.

The truth is, the decline starts when you lose control of your life or let it happen.

this is what he looked like after getting out of the hospital after his liver shut down from drinking. Happened to my brother too. Except he didn't get out.

Imagine wasting your best years with bleached spiked hair and wearing studded belts and 3/4 shorts
I'm sure he made a stack of cash and fucked loads of teenagers but still

Damn son. Those feels. Give your brother my bests.

Whenever you loose your peak bone mass.

Dad strenght isnt a myth.

Pictures could have been taken during the same day. It's just bad lighting, probably direct flash, and bad angle in photo in the right. Also terrible moment with mouth half open and probably has a bit sleep dept is all.

The hair line is exactly in the same place in both photos.

But still what, you moron?

He lived in 6 months what you'll never live in your lifetime.

>he lived in 6 months what you'll never live in your lifetime.
>he achieved what you'll never achieve in your lifetime.

you people are the epitome of early as fuck mid-life-crisis

when does the decline start?
well it doesn't until at least 40 morons

look at all the fucking sportsmen, who reach their prime in the 30ies, and after that they're never as good as they used to be

35-50 is the manliest age anyway

after that you can turn into the old man and tell your stories to the kids

Forgot to add: 25 to 50

>widows peak
a V-shaped growth of hair toward the center of the forehead, especially one left by a receding hairline in a man.

Literally who

the key to aging gracefully is keeping your body fat considerably low. That's literally it. Count macros and you're solid. Building muscle prior to your old age is also a must

It might be mostly genetic.

I won the lottery on this cause my grandpa didn't feel like breaking down till he was 80. Even then he died the next year.

My dad is still tough as shit too. He's 63, has huge fucking muscles, and my friends and most people assume he's 35. He still bangs 40yo chick's from time to time.

I'm 22 now and started lifting a while back and feel like goddamn Hercules. I gain muscle pretty goddamn fast after working out everyday and the fat just falls off. And most people assume I'm like 16.

Fucking Pleb.

I think lots of guys in their 20s think that if they arent fucking loads of chicks in their 20s that life is over. I'm 32 now and I honestly live my life way more even when I was getting laid in my 20s

As long as you aren't an extreme alcoholic, you don't have to worry about turning into Deryck Whibley.

And by the way, he's doing better now and looks half decent for a guy who nearly drank himself to death.

you can't say anything about his testosterone levels or health
jump on test or enjoy slowly becoming an old weak man with a dick that doesn't work

Thank you reddit hair growth bot, but it still has nothing to do with ageing or balding.

He was married to Avril Lavigne at one point. Why'd he have to go and make things so complicated?

>he didn't get out

he dead nigga

>sorry about your genes bro

He's in his 30s & still dresses like a 16 y.o. emo from the 00s

Ive never smoked or drank alchohol, ill post pics on Veeky Forums when im 32

I'm getting better with age because I got a bad receding hairline at 16. Now that I'm 26, everyone around my age is kind of catching up to me in looking old.

if you look 'old' in your 20s its game over.

It's not game over, it's just how I look lol. I can't help it if I got them big glasses, pasty skin and receding hairline.

>29
>getting weaker

there's something else wrong. people lose speed, flexibility, reaction time before raw strength. I'm also guessing you're not a professional athlete so you shouldn't be seeing the effects of aging just yet. Shit even if you were a pro athlete you shouldn't be seeing it yet. You are just upset about turning 30...I know I am I'm the same age as you.

aka

game

over

You guys don't know what this dude did to himself? He nearly drank himself to death. He quit drinking and looks great now.

Seriously, mind your fucking cups. Booze will really mess your shit.

What game?

25 sounds about right in regards to absolute peak condition.

In competitive track I've heard 24 being thrown around as the optimal age for running your fastest mile. You can certainly get better in events that are longer than that as you age however. Many athletes will move up in events as they get older as they lack the fine tuned speed to remain competitive at events like the 800M or mile and try their hand at 5K, 10K and even marathon.

Long distance runners often peak in their early thirties, and there are men in special operations in the military right up until they turn 55.

Just keep training and see how it goes, but don't sell yourself short at any age.

In football (soccer). 26 is considered the peak for strikers.

The best runner in the world right now, Eliud Kipchoge, is 31 and getting better every race.

>Who is Jamie Vardy
>Who is Lionel Messi

It's been a while since I've followed running closely, but from a quick wikipedia page look up it appears he followed the format I listed of moving up to longer events. People can marathon competitively well into their 30's. Props to him.

one hit wonder and an absolute exception to the rule. The average striker isn't a midget pumped full of growth hormone.

Unless you're close to 50, it's all about the amount of training you've done.

But generally, people never workout. Do they slowly creep on the fat.

And without any muscle mass, ANY little amount of fat really shows.

OVER

I dunno I'm 27 and still feel like a child, except I own a condo downtown, my parents can't tell me what to do, and I slack off at work instead of at school.

A few of my friends seem beaten down but others are still pretty energetic.

It really depends on your lifestyle. If you're determined to fail, you will fail.

genetics

Google Charles Eugster OP, dude is 96 and setting records.

If you never stop lifting there won't be a decline. This video was one of the biggest motivations for me to start lifting:

youtube.com/watch?v=rGgoCm1hofM

You're fucking weak if you're losing gains at 29, sad genetics.

IM TIRED OF YOUR SHIT

My cousins said they hit their peak in their 30's.

>look at all the fucking sportsmen, who reach their prime in the 30ies, and after that they're never as good as they used to be

lol what.

in Australia theres fuck all players in the AFL above the age of 30, most are literally 17-25.

How in the fuck is OP's picture being taken for anything other than shit?

A vast majority of you all, who keep really active and eat clean and good, will age like gods in comparison to literally every other person around you.

Maybe he watches darts.

>tfw 28 and most people assume I'm 24-25

Shiet I need to stop drinking.

Trent Reznor

>Trent Reznor
literally fucking who.

You have to be 18 to post here.

How old are you?

lead singer of Nine Inch Nails

5/10 got me to reply.

he hurt himself to see if he could still feel.

>literally fucking who.

Went to a music festival at 25 wih my brother. I'd been to a few others when I was younger.

I was surrounded by children. And damn what a difference 21-25 makes for women. You could instantly tell which ones were 24+ compared to all the fresh young looking 19-20 year olds. Chicks that were 25+ look busted as fuck by comparison.

28 year old here.I can confirm this is 100% true.

Honestly there's not much of a difference between a 25-35 year old woman in terms of looks.

OVER

I came here to say this.

A window's peak and a receding hairline are not the same thing. I've had a widow's peak since i was born.

What have I become, my sweetest friend?

>Hairline (widows peak or balding) is a general first sign and it's hard to find a man in his twenties without a widows peak.
It's called a normal adult hairline.

I wooooon't let you faaaaall appaaaaaart

Hop on test, a sensible dose that is, and enjoy not losing your strength or energy.

You absoultely must spend a lot more time stretching, self-massaging and warming-up as you age though. Test can only help with strength and mood. Joints pain and compounded fatigue has to be managed actively.

The ageing process is a mental state for the majority of the time. My step-dad divorced my mom when he was a muscular 42 year old. 2 years later the strength is declining, his skin looks gaunt, and his hair, once mousey brown, is completely silver. Hell, just look at that before and after pic of Obama, in 8 years of being president he's aged about 20.

Funnily enough, your 30s SHOULD be your prime years, according to every culture before the 1990s.

I dunno what happened either.

proof that nobody on this board actually wants to make it

Not even trolling, who is this dude?

so you have babbyface? you look like a manchild?

youtube.com/watch?v=emGri7i8Y2Y

You're probably underage.

Exactly 0% of you will ever compete in strongman, but those guys usually peak in their mid to late thirties. Look at Zydrunas, he's 39 or something and one of the strongest men ever

35, never heard of that fag. That video doesn't even tinkle the spidey-sense. Is that pile of horse-shit what fags like you listened to?

Not really. But they were a huge band in the early 2000s. Part of that era-defining punk rock thing. There was absolutely no escaping it.

>2000s
>era-defining punk rock thing

That was at least 20 years earlier (think Thatcher, IRA, unions, recession and hair-rock). No punk in the 00s mate.

I like to think you are in denial like OP's pic

idk mang

Jagr is like old as fuck and still steamrollin in the NHL

They called themselves punk rock, but they were really just rock bands. Other notable acts include blink 182, Green Day, The Offspring, etc., etc..

Christ almighty, you would've been the exact age to listen to this shit back then. You likely had no friends.

underrated

anyone know the name of the song that fades out in the start of this vid?

I like that music (for nostalgic purposes rather than in being a good song) but not listening to mainstream music != not having friends. get a grip breh

>Green Day, The Offspring
fucking 90s man, these guys were old in the 00s. Also, get your math right. Your 20s is not the time for punk, shit is for teens. Then again, your were probably one of those sad-fags listening to blink 182 and 40yr old greenday in his twenties.

No, I'm considerably younger than you, old man.

> powerlifters and bb's have better physiques than me
> are stronger
> are also a decade+ older
> im 31

Hmm roids it is

Age happens. I'm 27 and I already have a little arthritis in one hip. It can only go downhill from here.

I control what I can by keeping fit and eating healthy; everything else is up to fate. Whatever happens, happens.