Am I losing weight too quickly?

On February 1st I weighed exactly 270 lbs, as of today I weigh 227 lbs. I've recently seen a video talking about lose skin once I reach a normal weight, and I was wondering if that should be a real concern of mine.
Thanks senpai

yea take it down a notch and apply lotion for stretch marks

I actually have noticed my stretch marks going away little by little, so lotion will help them go away quicker?

Also how do you mean take it down a notch? I feel like I've developed good habits that I don't want to lose

Bump, pls respond

I'd say if you aren't anorexic and are getting enough water and micro nutrients you are fine. Then again, I'm not a doctor

sorry, I meant as long as you are not bulimic

yes, they make some lotions and stuff for pregnant and new mothers that you could look at

Nah, you're good as long as you've been getting ~1 gram of protein per pound of lean body weight. If you haven't been, then a modest chunk of the mass you've lost was made up of muscle - no biggy, you can always rebuild it.

Might be time to take a few weeks to eat at maintenance - let your leptin/insulin level out. Here's hoping you've been taking fish oil by the handful.

>I did the same thing
>1/10/16 bodyweight: 345
>4/26/16 bodyweight: 264

Cool, that's what I thought, thanks

Thought about getting fish oil but never bothered when I found success in my routine

Extra skin doesn't magically disappear because you lose weight slower. Also 270 isn't big enough to likely have lots of loose skin unless you're real short. No way to know for sure though until you do it. If you're not seeing signs of loose skin at 227 though you probably won't have issues.

i've lost 65kg over 4 years, i did it slowly like you to avoid loose skin but in the end it didn't mattter. i still had to do surgery to remove the excess skin, i did my first on march 1th and my second is scheduled at 13th september

i had my ass done first (removed 10x20cm skin on each side) because that one is harder to manage. you can't sit down for 2 months after the surgery and weightlifting is allowed after 3 months.

in my opinion you should keep going with this speed because in the end it doesn't matter.

I've been losing about 2lbs a week now for a while. I drink something like 5L/160oz of water a day as part of my diet and I was told it somehow helped with loose skin mitigation. I'm down 150lbs and have 60 left to goal so I guarantee I'll have loose skin. Willing to bet money on it. I'm saving money currently for a house, but I have a feeling I'll be spending $10k on surgery.

Paying (figuratively and literally) for the mistakes of my past and it kills me everyday. 454lbs was a long time ago. Don't know what the fuck woke me up.

Damn, 454 is huge, great job my man. Keep it up.

>be meme
>120kgs at 175
>lose it all in a year, go skelly mode hit 59 kg at the lowest
>wanted to get rid of gut
>crash dieted with no lifting
>bodycomposition = ruined
>start lifting
>2 years into it and feel like I could possibly decently cut now

Cool, thanks man. I'm 6'0 and I have no signs of extra skin. Also Idk if this matters but I'm only 18.
That's really fucking great mane, keep it up

That's something like 13lbs a month. You were fat as hell ,and you are still fat ,so that's not "too fast". You're not about to see the difference with loose skin that high weight.

However congrats ,that's still a nice cut ! Keep going

Thanks, I think I've successfully changed my lifestyle. I have no more cravings, I don't eat out of boredom, I know what to eat and how much to eat. The only problem I have now is time haha

It reduces the severity of the damage being done.

Yea I was/am a fat fuck. Graduated high school at 400 lbs. 450s by 19. Would have easily been 500 (1/4 ton!!) By 20 had I not woken up.
Thanks user.

I will say this though. I'm thankful for how my body distributed the weight. All this talk of loose skin, the only place I could see being problematic for me is my gut. That's where I carry 90% of my weight. My job is physically active and I'm moving heavy shit all day so my upper body and arms are developed. Even at my fattest I never had cankles.

Ugh I've been cutting for so long now I can't even imagine having to eat at maintenance or God forbid, a surplus. Of all things I'm looking forward to most is clothes shopping at normal stores. No more big and tall.

Funny you mention graduating, I'm looking to graduate in a little over a month and hopefully then I'll be around 210 or so

>too quickly?
you lost 16% of initial BW in 12 weeks, which is right at the usually-recommended 1.5% per week