Multivitamins or vegetables

Can we get everything we need from vitamins? I see the same thing everywhere, multivitamins are good as a supplement but eating a balanced diet is much better for you. I can't tell if it's the truth or a conspiracy created by the agriculture industry.

Multivitamins make sense to me. Do they not have everything we need? Could we get everything we need from eating more vitamins?

Other urls found in this thread:

aicr.org/reduce-your-cancer-risk/diet/elements_phytochemicals.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/
whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=9
whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=19
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Can we get everything we need from vitamins?
no
>conspiracy created by the agriculture industry.
lol
>Do they not have everything we need?
no
>Could we get everything we need from eating more vitamins?
no

Bad bioavailability, no fiber, expensive= multivitamins.

Eat veggies. Spinach, broccoli, peppers, green salad, kale, onion, garlic... How do you even cook with no veggies.

Or take 12+ pills of multi a day. Which is expensive.
Only vitamins that you may benefit from are Vitamin C and D (which isn't a vit.), so pop them if you want.
Bout them minerals:
Zinc and Magnesium.
And don't forget Omega-3.

>Can we get everything we need from vitamins?
No. Not gonna bother writing out an explanation more intelligent than that because I'm offended by the stupidity of the question

You can use them as insurance, but you're not going to absorb all of it.

Flintstones chewables taste better than broccoli any week of the day

I take both.

>broccoli tastes bad

Grow up. It tastes just fine.

It tastes fucking repulsive but it's healthy as fuck.

>It tastes fucking repulsive

No it doesn't. It just tastes like any vegetable. Barely tastes like anything at all. Don't be a child.

I said flintstones chewables tasted better you dumb fuck. Did you get a vegetable stuck up your nose and lodged in your brain?

Chocolate tasting better than vanilla doesn't mean vanilla tastes bad

This is a website for legal adults. Discontinue browsing immediately.

there are literally hundreds of phytochemicals in vegetables that are considered to be "functional nutrients" but not strictly "essential"

polyphenols
stilbenoids
carotenoids
lignans
glucosinolates
and more

not to mention all the various fibers you miss out on by not eating vegetables

just eat your goddamn vegetables

if you think vitamins are better than vegetables you are literally retarded.

It's all about bioavailability. Our bodies are designed to take what we need from food, hence, vegetables have better bioavailability than vitamins for human digestion.

Vitamins are a meme, if you eat an almost balanced diet you are fine for vitamins.

Vitamins/minerals aren't really why you eat vegetables.

Multivitamins can correct nutritional deficiencies but they don't have benefit beyond that, like veggies do.

aicr.org/reduce-your-cancer-risk/diet/elements_phytochemicals.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/

^ Taking these compounds as a supplement doesn't work either. You gotta eat food.

why not have vegetables and vitamins?

Would eating like half a bag of kale a day be enough?

Better to have a variety of veg than having one every day

Does it count as 5 servings if I cut a carrot into 5 peaces and eat them over the day?

Your poo will be leafy looking. Don't ask.

Why not both

Might get expensive.
Just make a whey, kale/spinach/chard shake in the morning with whatever else in it. You can find a mix of the three or whatever at pretty much any store.

>tfw allergic to tree nuts and I can't find a safe brand of dried fruits to eat for those health gains.

>le 'my body can tell between identical molecules' meme

if the vitamins are in the same chemical form then it doesn't matter where they come from.

Not even the 60 year old cucks with PHDs who actually read studies can all agree on this topic.

Take a certain one, if a doctor tells you that you are deficient.

Ronnie Coleman doesnt eat vegetables

It's not just bioavailability, but there's a slew of other micronturients that are either too fragile/expensive to put into a pill, or synergize with the other micronutrients in the veggie

broccoli- glucoraphanin, lutein, zeaxanthin

cabbage- anthocyanin, glucoraphanin, glucobrassicin, sinigrin, glucotropaeolin

What are those good for though?

>What are those good for though?

whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=9

whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=19

ronnie coleman won't live to see his 60s

Cheers mang

You should only take vitamins/minerals ON TOP of a balanced diet to cover any nutritional holes you might have overlooked.

some people taste a super bitter compound in it due to genetics, look it up

But you're wrong

>multivitamins
>buying the capsulated jew

That's right goy, with veggies you always lose.

Ah, some people were born fags, I understand.

I mean oral vitamin tablets work. We give them to patients and you can see serum levels of the relevant vitamins go up in their labs later. B vitamins, iron pills, and potassium pills all work.

hahahhaha word

Fuck you! You aren't my real mother!

kek'd

Multivitamins literally do nothing. As in, they did studies, and they do literally nothing.

[literally citations needed]