What's your least favorite lift?

What's your least favorite lift?

AB work

Squats

Fuck squats, I have never and will never do them I deadlift, cycle, and do lunges for legs, and thats all I need.

Squats

I have decent legs from squatting in high school and the size hasn't really gone away. But holy fuck, do I hate them now

Fucking pendlay rows....these shits always awkward af and no matter how berfect the form is they still slightly hurt lower back

you named it, OP. Fuck rows

Those

>hating squats

What terrible meme is this? How and why??

I will agree with pendlay rows. Fuck them

Deadlifts. Or OHP because my shoulders are weak AF and I can barely press 95 lbs

my least favorite is in a way also my fav, cause it's the one I struggle with the most, which makes me feel like it's helping me the most, but also infuriates me if I can't get 5 reps in.
OHP. only been lifting for three weeks, but I'm already failing at 35kg/77lbs.

I also don't care much for barbell rows, even though I can tell they're doing their job good on me.

>That's all I need

OHP
My delts are JUST tier

Anything where I have to risk my back to go heavy. Got a bad back, part genetics, part intense sports in high school and college. I love being strong but these days injuries make progress slow or push it back.

So that's back squats, conventional deadlifts, bent rows and cleans.

My heaviest cleans were in high school, so despite competing in college rowing and rugby I haven't been within 40lbs of my PR ever since.

anyone got any tips on how to improve OHP?

LIFT

Assistance work. Delt raises, arnold presses, shrugs, tricep isolations

Delts especially seem to respond well to high-rep, low resistance work like swimming, running, boxing,

Row is by far my strongest lifts for some reason. Fuck me

I started doing low weight cable stuff. Going to see if that helps

this

anyone else taking forever to make progress doing ab accessories?

Rows always feel suck but I think that's partially because I have trouble keeping my back straight

I was thinking of adding some tricep accessories, friend of mine who's been in the game way longer than me says it's the tricep that's failing me, judging by where the bar is when my rep fails.

Odds are good he's right. When you really start to get good is when you understand your weak and strong points in detail.

Form makes a difference too. A wider grip will put the onus on your delts and traps and less on your triceps.

Squats, the bar on shoulders really bothers me.

I used to dislike benching
But I was doing it the wrong way (shoulderblades not squeezed, back not arched slightly)

proper form is something I try to be as careful with as possible. can't tell you how many times I've watched videos of proper form on all my exercises, always put my grip at shoulder width, so I think I'm better off trying to improve my trips than changing the form for now.

I'm a complete idiot though, any must-do tricep-exercises I should focus on?

Love OHP, fine with rows, respect DL and squat... It just needs to be done, no positive emotions from it whatsoever

bench press

yup

not lifting

I real,y hate them too. But i do them anyway

The last one

OHP too, I have fucking hypermobile shoulders, I can ear them pop each rep

Lateral raises. Gotta do em for them delts, but fuck i hate doing them.

For me, the worst is incline bench press probably cause i cant seem to progress on it.

I used to love rowing.

Then i started having sharp pains on my lower back, and rowing only made it worse. I cant figure out whats wrong with my form, so i started hating these. Fuck, not even deadlifts hurt my lower back. Fuck you, yates rows.

If I really dislike something I don't do it but out of those I do I would say OHP because I can't seem to get the form down. I have APT so even when I'm carefully braced I still don't feel my spine being straight and I'm never perfectly stable. I also feels like I'm cheating with my lats when doing high weights. I won't mention the weights I use because most of you guys got there after 2 months and I've been doing this shit for a year but that's another issue.

Pretty much your pic.

Yate's rows kill my lats harder than anything else, but I feel like it is at the cost of my lower back.

Chin ups just kill my arms before my lats really start to give out

Because of circumstances, I've completely lost the motivation to squat.

If you guys are having trouble progressing on a certain lift try changing the order in which you workout that day. Like if I was having trouble improving on my triceps I'd start doing them first for a week or two just to change it up and confuse the body. None the less good luck to all.

Try this simple 3 step plan for success
1.Ignore the other DYELs giving you advice
2.train push press!!! Use symmetricstrength for a goal based on your ohp.
3. Do your 3rm, then superset it with a couple push press (try to avoid going to failure), adding more sets at a lower rep range (so like 4x3 instead of 3x5)

>confuse the body
Right, babe?

>tfw ohp has already been my easiest lift

Hit 1pl8 pretty easy, while bench is only around 180. Can hit 3pl8 deadlift on a good day. I'm weird I guess.

Ohp and bench because I am a weak upper body gril

>running
delts respond to running?

do seated DB press at mid-high rep ranges
tricep work

I literally cant bend over this far... my hamstrings are made of steel. what the fuck do I do?

>tfw rows are my favorite lift ever

how weak am I supposed to be?
In general.
I stopped lifting for 4 years and drank mad alcohol...
what would you expect a non lifter to be able to bench or dumbbell press their first time in the gym after that long.

Yeah, you have to swing and support your arms, and if you're totally untrained your delts will grow if you start doing any running.

If you're sprinting hard and frequently, your delts will grow.

oh shit, never woulda thunk

If you're not finishing 3x5, drop your weight.
Go to absolute failure on your last set. If you get 7+ reps in, then increase your weight next workout. I had your exact problem and this solved it.

can I fuck her pls

>that pic
I'm in love.

1rm? 3/4 of bodyweight
for sets 3/5 of bw

Front squats. I swear to god, they are the absolute worst.

Used to hate chin ups when I did them on a machine back when I was starting. On the machine they feel completely different, and are very uncomfortable.

>dyel starting to lift
>pendlay rows
>doing with pl8s is too heavy
>without full plates the bar is too low positioned and I cant reach it

WHAT DO?

I have been doing 3x5 last rep is damn near failure. Then 3x8 right after of lighter weight. It helped break me into 1pl8 land

fuck the lift, fuck it fuck

doing 5x5, but yeah, I dropped it from 35kg to 30 when I was failing the 4th rep on the 3rd set, obviously shooting above my weight. really sucks that I'm already hitting a barrier with it after 3 weeks, especially when all the other lifts are going good.
I was thinking of maybe doing some scullcrushers or overhead DB extensions on the day when I'm not doing OHP too, to improve the triceps

Anyone else one-arm db row?

are you retarded or smth?

i don't like it, but it's not the worst

personally i don't like doing high rep squats and i'm totally shite at pullups so they naturally are on my hit list

> delts
> running

Nice try, lanky kong

stuart?

KEK

fuck off Bud Jr.

I hated barbell rows so i switched to dumbells
I also hate squat, my knees are kinda fucked from playing footy and my scoliosis makes not bending on either side hell

You posted it

Fuck Pendlay rows
Fuck dumbbell rows
Fuck squats
I like OHP but I'm weak af on them

Flat bench.

Some variation of dumbell rows until stronk is of enough into Pendlay Row

Pullups, I have bad shoulders and they always rek me.

handstand pushups. use a wall to help if you can't do a handstand, do them over and over until you can pump out 10 in a row and you'll easily put weight on to OHP. also, proper form is a huge part of it. I stalled on OHP and corrected my form just slightly and broke through.

Dude what

Pretty sure dumbell rows engage different muscle groups. You can dumbell row shitloads but if you have a shitty core you won't be able to pendlay row much at all.

yup, i agree, hurt my back a couple days ago from rows, im done with them

my OHP isn't even remotely close to my bodyweight, I'm a freshly spanked newbie in this
>MFW 93 kg
>MFW can't The Press 35 kg 5x5
feels real bad

deadlifts.

i have many memories of snapping my back up when i was a dyel fatfuck and it makes me nervous every time i set up to pull.

Hate rows. I also don't particularly like squats but I do them anyway.

>Pretty sure dumbell rows engage different muscle groups.

I can barely do 2 pullups and I can Pendlay 1pl8.

Of course it's a different movement regardless of what dumbell variation you do but unless you want to do bent over barbell rows in the power rack you need to build your back up somehow.

Deadlifts.

Every time I do them, I feel like I'm doing them wrong.

It makes no sense, and I can't explain it, but I can handstand push up and only ohp 135 (I weigh 185)

your ohp is still almost twice mine, and you weigh a good deal less. not saying I won't try, but I got some big doubts mayne

Power cleans

Whenever I struggle with my form in the gym I can always rely on asking someone there to see if it's alright. Except power cleans. No one knows how to do fucking power cleans here. And that's probably the lift most easy to fuck up form wise.

Everyone else says to replace it with rows but I trust Rip ;_;

dat fat pussy tho

Tbh bench, I enjoy DB incline though but don't enjoy BB flat bench

Jk fucking abs

>Tbh bench, I enjoy DB incline though but don't enjoy BB flat bench
>Jk fucking abs
for real?
me too
and yea that too
fuckabs

Pussy bitch

Well, I just don't train calves, so anything for them I guess.

The Press has always hurt my poverty lower back, so I don't do it anymore. I just bench, dumb bell bench, and do DB arnold presses and laterals and my delts haven't suffered.

I think I enjoy incline because I see myself in mirror slightly, bench is just so frustrating some days I crush it others I don't

calves are pretty easy to fuck though

wat

easy to train
make the leap

Do Dips, also focus on your form as well, if you're using too wide of a grip, you're missing out on bringing your triceps into the lift which can greatly assist you.

135 1rm 1 day, killed myself

That comment could've easily meant either easy to train, or easy to fuck up.

Either way, I neglect calves and IDGAF.

you're right and yea and that's fine, that's fine, don't worry about those niggers, nigger

I fucking hate squatting but I do it every workout.

Which exercises would you recommend? Also When I'm doing cable front raises my left shoulder does something that feels like a small pop during the lift, if I put my hand over it, it feels like someone strumming a guitar almost. Any fixes?

It'l get better it's a physchy with bench

I'm at 185 working on 2pl8

abdominal crunches everytime