Sunflower seeds

I've found that sunflower seeds are amazing for trying to lose weight if you have a habit of snacking during the day
>they take forever to eat
>they have very few calories
>they have fiber

The only downside is the salt.

>they have very few calories
what?

horry sheet

I'm talking about with the shells on. That figure is for a cup of pure sunflower kernels, which is obviously going to have a shit-ton of calories.

1 cup with the shells on is less that half the calories of the pure kernels. That combined with the fact that they're hard to eat ensures that you won't ever eat more than 200 calories of sunflower seeds in a day, unless you really apply yourself (I eat them periodically throughout the day and I only ever manage to eat about 20 grams or so)

>Protein
>Unsaturated Fat
>Magnesium
Maybe not good for cutting but gr8 for bulking

Tfw i used to eat whole bags of sunflower seeds in one sitting

Best appetite suppressor

Also I'm pretty sure the bigger bag of David seeds in the shell are only a half cup

Feeling light headed just looking at the picture

I like to grow them since they grow good where I live in our soil.
I know this is Veeky Forums but it's fun having fucking Gigantic flowers in my yard.

I tried eating the sunflower seeds without the shells and they tasted like bird food, hardly edible tbqh. Are the ones with shells a bit nicer?

Sunflower seed kernels are better for bulking.

You can get a bag with 14 servings (2800 kcal) for $2.50 at wallyworld

Serving size: 33g / 200 kcal

checked.

Eating seeds is for birds and bitches and I'm not either of them

I just spent a minute trying to remember what sunflower seed plants looked like, then I googled it and realized I'm a fucking idiot

>Best way to get mouth cancer

I'm still confused about the amount of calories in a serving of sunflower seeds with the shell. I bought a bag of Bigs and it is something along the lines of 183 calories per 3/4 cup.

There was an asterisk next to this and when I read further down I think it said it was for the kernels without the shell, and then with the shell the sodium amount increased to 40% of your daily value. I wish I still had the bag so I could take a picture and post it, the way they worded it on there was confusing as hell.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, when you measure out 3/4 cup of sunflower seeds, still in their shells, is it 183 calories with the shells or without them?

With and without. You're not supposed to eat the shells. The shells are typically covered in salt, though, which you do consume, hence the massive spike in sodium.

I would but I tend to eat the shells too and then when I poop it scratches my butthole so I told myself not to eat them because I don't want a scratched butthole

currently dipping right now. I'm in college and I always dip when i study for exams.
> inb4 concentration

I like that feeling