I have the chance to go back to school

I have the chance to go back to school.
Wondering what the most Veeky Forums degree is.
Inb4 Archeology jokes

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2304096/Graduate-physics-PhD-31-fell-death-block-flats-taking-job-centre-qualified-for.html
appindex.com/blog/app-development-2/the-average-app-developer-salary-is-97k/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Engineering. Civil is the easiest with decent job prospects.

Or if too dumb theres always massuese, physical therapist, kinesiology, business etc.

I would imagine anything that lets you wear a suit. Nothing is more attractive than a fit man in a tailored suit.

Civil Engineers don't make shit tho

They average around 80k a year. And thats nationwide. Youll prob make more in big cities.

Shit, I know dudes starting at $35-$40k

Of course everything pays less down here since cost of living is practically nothing

You could study law. There's a surprising amount of access to work for people with law degrees and it's not a difficult subject. I completed mine comfortably and my attendance rate for the whole 3 years was 10%.

Thank fuck the UK doesn't give a shit about me

Thats usually for internships which also pay for your schooling where im from. Even then it beats being some drone in an office.

Physics. Nothing gains respect of normies more than being jacked + doing a degree they can't even begin to comprehend. It's also quite fun tbqh

Anything but arts.

t. Art major dropout, it fucking stinks other than theory shit. Literal dyels everywhere

in b4 OP falls for the stem meme and drops out or achieves an abysmal GPA in a degree that ultimately won't get him a job.

don't be another retard, know what you're getting into.

Nah, these are full time entry level CE jobs. Not sure if they're EiTs though. I'm not Civil, and my program only requires that we take the FE, not pass it

Kinesiology or PE but I don't really recommend those

Diff story in the us boyo

what an absolutely pointless degree.

Don't go to law school in the US unless you get into a T1 school. Otherwise, it's not worth the debt

Not exactly pointless but not really in demand either.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2304096/Graduate-physics-PhD-31-fell-death-block-flats-taking-job-centre-qualified-for.html

If you want to work outdoors and make mad money (paid for by the taxpayers) then go biology, you'll have to go to grad school though if you want something that pays really well
I work for the USFWS and it's absurd how much taxpayer money they throw at me just because I have a masters

computer engineering, go to Silicon Valley and make 6 figures easy post grad. or chemical engineering...trust me the struggle is worth it

If you choose your degree based on what Veeky Forums says, you're actually an idiot and should just save your money and not go.

Civil is actually really hard, and among the worst job prospects of all engineers. Electrical engineering is about the same level of difficulty and way better job outlook.

But Veeky Forums life is OCD. Extreme discipline sticking with the same monotonous routines day in day out. Skip the degree and get a factory job.

The most Veeky Forums career isn't the best life.

Infrastructure like roads, buildings and bridges will always need building/maintenance. There are plenty of jobs available in most parts of the country.

most Veeky Forums degree? obviously sport science or something. lol at faggots thinking engineers aren't a bunch of fat smelly autists.

Eng is Worth if you don't hate math more than life

Finishing my second year of Chem Eng and its nothing to extreme. Organic Chem II and Dif EQ were hard but bearable. My next semester is where people usually quit Fluid Mechanics, Thermo I, Physical Chem, Separations.

My Class went from 280 to 140 after the first exam of freshman year, and the same thing supposedly happens junior year, but if people make it through that they usually graduate no prob

keep it up bro the finish line is near :')

I graduated Chem e this last year and got a job in alternative energy making 90k for 40 hour weeks. fucking chill...it's not hard but people aren't inclined to put in the work so I call it a struggle

I hope you're going to grad school.

Fit wants to be normie so badly they will do anything to fit in. Fuckin a you people are pathetic homogenized hypocrites.

Be a history major so you can call yourself a history buff

If you like healthcare, do PA. It's literally the easiest shit to get into plus it's only 2 years of school after undergrad. Then you get to wear scrubs and prescribe while still be called doctor with 1/4 the years of schooling.

Geology

I'd go spelunking in those thighs if you catch my drift

>be geology major
>60/40 female to male split in classrooms
>not a single fat fuck in class
>everyone has excellent aerobic performance, from the numerous field camps and hiking events our school offers
>major is STEM-ey, but not autistically so.
>i shouldve done engineering

wat nobody calls PAs doctors

and it's illegal to represent yourself as a doctor as a PA

also PA school is hard as fuck

also you can't just apply to be a PA and waltz in like a bachelor degree.

basically you're an idiot fuck up.

>i shouldve done engineering
Not necessarily. Engineering can be very soul crushing if you loathe it in general.

t. Materialphysicist who also has the joy of working with the theory of crystallography

underrated post

Also, I want to be a marine biologist and swim with manatees.

I fell into the arts degree trap. I graduated in November last year and have only been able to find part time work since then. 23 and no idea what to do.

Thinking about going back to study physiotherapy or something similar health related but no idea if it would be weird me doing that and not graduating until i'm 28 or if there is a better avenue for me to go to find meaningful work.

The worst part is i didn't realise until i actually graduated university and got a part time job that i fucking hate working in an office all day.

this, there's a lot of work in ChE and some of the concepts can be a bit hard to pick up but none of it is difficult once you get your head around it, the most complicated thing i've done for my masters project is calculating a few phase compositions and set up a few simulations

that's exactly why being Veeky Forums and an engineer will put you above all the others, retard. who is going to get hired assuming personalities and qualifications are the same - the fat nerd with acne and no confidence or the big guy who obviously lifts?

Engineers are mostly chads in this country. Most engineers, from most disciplines, I mean.

>Computer science, focus on mobile development
>Average salary for an android dev is $117k per year
>Work environment is really low key, chilling with your fellow autists on computers all day
>Better yet, begin your own start up, become millionaire

Doesn't get better than this lads

I'm making 68,000 a year here in Ausland and I've been with the company less than a year and its piss easy work most of the time.

Was making 60 a few weeks ago but got a raise. I'm trying to get fired because they fucked up my contract if I lose my job they have to pay me out over 100k.

Should get fired desu

You probably need a big fat dose of realistic expectations in your life. But I'm not gonna give it to you; life will.

If you don't have a specific career you want to go into, get any degree.

Literally.

Employers don't give a shit about what kind of degree you have, they just care that you have a degree

Only the last statement could be considered unrealistic, though still possible

Here's the source on the $117k appindex.com/blog/app-development-2/the-average-app-developer-salary-is-97k/

>Degree in physics - couldn't master gravity

52% of them make less than 1k$ a month.
>That's only counting those who are employed.

Not biology
t. genetics grad student

If I could go back I'd double in statistics and poli sci, but still go to grad school.

Nursing. Well I'm thinking of going to school for nursing any nurse bros in here? Specifically RN's

>ce and ee are about the same level of difficulty
Top kekeroo

Underrated

finance or mathematics or both

>CIVIL AND ELECTRICAL ARE THE SAME LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY

top fucking kek, they aren't even close. there's a reason every other engineering discipline makes fun of civil engineers

If you are a bit smart and have some work ethic then engineering.

Good pay, plenty of jobs, large diversity of jobs you can do with a degree. Mechanical is most flexible.

physical therapy or sports medicine

Nigga I'm 26 and going back to uni in september, starting anew. It's never too late, never.

>Civil is actually really hard

'no'
EEE>Aero>ChemE>MechE>PetE>Civil>CompE

t. Chem E

>inb4 a million triggered CompE autists

you're doing a meme degree that isn't as difficult as you think it is

yea na its too late for you

yeah there's a lawyer bubble in the usa and there's too many graduates with not enough jobs.

on the other hand there's a deficit of physicians in the USA, so if you're good at gettin the grades for that do it. orthopedic surgeons are all big guys. although if you're white it's legit way harder and the requirements are higher.

name 5 that make more than civil engineers avg

Unless you go IVy, no chance in hell.

This is probably the worst possible advice you can give

Fire science or emergency medicine

everyday is different on call and you'll see all kinds of shit. i don't see myself anywhere else but doing this once i'm out of the service

Dunno if you're still here but I'm interested in something like this

What'd you do your masters on? Just biology? We're there a lot of requirements involved or just the degree? Was it easy to get the job or lots of competition?

you're gonna make it brother.

lot's of bitches

>chem engineering

Ha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ya, fast food employers don't give a shit. But you can't go work for Boeing's design team if you have a sociology degree.

my brother went to an African university and works for amazon at the head office in Seattle and makes bonk as a programmer. University isn't everything if you getgud

Ivan Drago is a Chemical Engineer in real life

>tfw year 4 lawfag
>tfw already on good terms with my local notary
>tfw he's more than willing to hire me as a junior notary after graduation
Can't really see myself working as an attorney, not jewish enough for that, kek.

Yeah this. I work as a scribe, and a lot of the other scribes are applying to PA school. You gotta have a couple thousand paid clinical hours and it's fucking fast paced as fuck. I'm applying for med school this coming cycle and I have nothing but respect for PAs

Im in dietetics, but this field is absolutely worthless unless its clinical work ( literally impossible to get in, like 1 job in 30 years) and filled with quacks and pseudoscience, even alan aragon falls for shit.

Besides we are poor for life.
Im gonna switch for computer science so i can earn real cash coding shit or something else.

Kinesiology or exercise physiology. That's what I'm doing. I don't like it, but you might.

You're in diabetics? I always knew you had weird fetishes user

Ahah so funny m8

But really, nutrition and dietetics are not worth it unless youre rich and want to do something kinda like kinobody but diets

Cant wait to join the it masterrace and retire early.

BSN here I make 80k a year with the ability to go to 130k if I took all the overtime I am offered. Work 3 days a week surrounded by hot chicks all day. Inb4 male nurse, I'll just be wrecking pussy every weekend without you.

I was literally going to ask about how people feel about nursing lmao

That guy went to a shitty grad school and clearly sucked while he was there. It's incredibly easy to get any compsci job with a physics degree

jumping into physical therapy at 26
(related mildly to your post)
any anons in it/say its worth it?

I have two pointless undergrad degrees from a state school, JD from a state school, and have never had an issue with employment. There are lots of lawyers but very few who can actually go to court and not sperg

To every one saying CS, let me tell you it's becoming an incredibly crowded field. Do not do it for the money

With all the code academies popping up, hardcore diversity initiatives, and competition from foreigners that for whatever reason only want to do CS, you really need an impressive resume/portfolio to get the job you think you're going to get. Code monkeys are now a dime a dozen and the only people doing the high level work out of undergrad are those that came from top tier schools with research/internships.

You'll get ~50-60k if you do well in school but it won't be interesting work...though the potential for growth is there if you want to slog it out that way

EEs, MEs, and ChemEs START at 65-80k.

good sshit senpai. You're older, an hopefully, wiser. Stay focused, get good grades. You're gonna make it.

kys,my man

I'm an EE, and ChemE is waaaaaaaaaay harder, at least at my school.

yeah, no.

That' average is too high. Not even out in san jose do recent undergrads make that much. Maybe 5 years ago it could have been 80-90k,but not anymore.

which school la?

Those are industry average numbers, new grads are under $50k. Civil is a pleb discipline