Alcohol

Does Veeky Forums drink? Why (not)? How much has alcohol affected your gains?

>used to drink a lot
>stopped drinking few months back
>never hungover, more energy all the time
>lazy feeling fades
>go gym more often
>lost about 5kg fat and gained the same amount of muscles in 2 months (big deal for me)

I used to be bigger than Rich Piana

Then I drink once

And all my muscle gone

Fuck you alcoholic beverages!

You did not gain 5kg of muscles in two months. At most, you gained a 500 grams of muscles. And that is if you ate and trained perfectly.

>5kg of muscle
5 pounds of n00b gains maybe.
Also
>not going to the gym when hungover. I've been to the gym drunk twice did not let it fuck over my workout.
Had 7 beers last night, gonna work chest later this morning and do a 60-90 minute walk.

psure you could call them noobgains at that point. Was so much out of shape I was literally entering the skinnyfat realm.

>skinnyfat
I can't decide what I'm aiming for.
I have basically no body hair so I might go for a somewhat muscled twink look.

I don't drink because both my parents were alcoholics and I don't want to be anything like them.
I only use wine for cooking once in a while.

>MUH destiny of alcoholism
This meme needs to end. JUST because your parents lacked self control doesn't mean you do.

I drink heavily on weekends and once or twice during the week. I fucking love drinking. My gains are slow but I'm not gonna sacrifice the joy and memories I get from alcohol.

It does suck waking up with a hangover every second day and they are getting worse but whatever.

I can stop whenever I want to.

I can.

I promise.

Good luck with this. I still get bombed at least once a week and it took years to get down to that point.

>alcoholism
>a lack of self control

this meme needs to die

I don't like the taste either and think it's a waste of money on top of being useless calories.

My grandfather was an alcoholic and yeah all it is really is lack of self control.
Just don't be a cuck basically.

If you don't like being drunk then it makes sense. Personally I like the feel of a good beer or wine buzz.
I'd rather not give it up, the only reason I cut down so much is because it gets in the way of MUH gains which is more important.

i stopped drinking when the hangovers started to get worse than the drinking.

you don't get to discount the science behind drug addiction based on anecdotal stories of "muh grandfather". try doing some research my friend

MUH science
I bet you believe everything on Bodybuilding.com as well.

one lt of beer or 3 whiskeys take the weight of the world off me

alcohol is amazing, isnt it?

I have about 10 beers on average every friday and saturday during the bulk. I never ever get hungover, and if anything it only makes me stronger. Just make sure you get plenty of water the morning after. You dont want to feel drained at the gym. What affects me the most is the lack of sleep from a night out. Also stick to vodka during the cut.

you are both right in a way.
alcoholism is a complex disease, and it has to with a lot of factors. if one's parents were alcoholics it's a good idea not to drink, bc the tendency to addiction is inheritable.
lemme tell you my story:

i was decently fit during school, lots of sports, a lot of fresh air and whatnot.
after school i went to uni, had a shit job, got rejected by a girl i thought i was in love with in a very bad way and basically used alcohol to treat the depression i developed at some point.
didn't take me long to "realize" that i work better in social situations while tipsy. at least seemingly. moved to a bigger city, always used alcohol to kinda treat bad moods and my more and more developing anxiety in social situation. i never was an everyday drinker, but in binged to the point of passout a couple of times week.
at some point, way too late, i realized that i'm fucking up with the people i love. not in my job, i'm really funtional there. but in my social surroundings. plus i got fat, low test, fatty liver, all kinds of health complications.

and that's where the self control comes into it.
to have self control, you first have to see the problem. after that it's hard to be persistent, because at some point, alcohol is something big parts of your life are built around. friendships, going out, meeting girls, whatever.
and i lacked the self control to cut all that out until the most important human being in my life told me that she doesn't want to have anything to do with me anymore. that's when i quit and began to make some major changes that changed my life for the better in ways i never imagined. lost weight, got sharp again, liver has regenerated fully, all kinds of benefits.

so kids, do yourself the favor and reevaluate your drinking patterns once in a while. alcohol can be toxic for your whole life and you might be unable to see the negative changes at first.

Noobgains isn't about muscle gains. It's about performance gains. It's about your nervous system learning to recruit muscle fibres and so on, and about you learning how to lift as well.