Is SS really a troll?

Is SS really a troll?
What routine should I follow for my first bulk then ?

This needs to be known.

No, it's not a troll. Just look at this progress

>Following other's routines
>Not knowing enough about lifting/programming to be able to make his own custom routines for his goals.

SS is good. Read the book. Just don't do GOMAD. That's it though.

Some people prefer doing SL which is okay. It has you doing 5x5 instead of 3x5 on your lifts which isn't really necessary.

Some people complain that SS focuses too much on legs. Honestly my legs were pretty fuckin yuge for a while but it'll even out when you add more upper-body workouts.

Of course I fucking can't I'm a complete newfag to this
Only did weightliftless cut of a year till now, lost 45 pounds

It's the same guy, you fucking newfag. It was debunked years ago. God, I hate summertime on Veeky Forums

I you want to do a full body routine, at least do one that's intended for bodybuilding, and not a minimalistic strength program

i mean of course he was gonna look worse if he bulked with that body to start lol

how the fuck did he make so little bench progress?

those numbers are fake. Obviously.

Wide hips and long arms = good squat/deadlift, shit bench

yeah and im sure his fucking hair grew that much in 4 months
its not a real fucking picture jesus christ

GOMAD makes everything grow faster. Fat, muscles, hair, etc.

He grew nice round a cups

The information on the three major lifts is good. The information on everything else is bad. Remember to do your damn pull ups. Do cardio and ab work. Ripptits babbling about how tightening your core during your lifts is enough ab work is a huge load of horseshit.

Increasing your mobility is just as important as the weight you move so make sure to work on that.

>remember to do you damn pullups

Chinups are part of the problem dipshit

What problem

I know you're joking but fat contributes to hair health, so wouldn't that sorta be the case? not that dramatically though

SS is not a meme. It's a great program.

It's literally fine. Just throw in some curls, lat raises, and chins. Rows as well for easier incrementalization.

Keep in mind that Rippetoe was trying to develop a program that would work for literally everyone even old people and women so it has its limitations. As a probably young testosterone filled man with good joints you can do more and there's no reason not to.

So when Rippetoe says "Don't fuck with muh program" don't take it entirely seriously, adding a few easy things isn't going to hurt you.

IMO SS is a good program to cut on because you can't possibly go fat, you can gain strength and at the very least keep your strength. When eating at maintenance and above i go for 5x5 and add chins/dips

God fuck that routine would take three hours

>When eating at maintenance and above i go for 5x5 and add chins/dips

I'm on a cut right now and chins/dips are the only thing I'm making gains on since my lifts have stagnated. Just like you said I'm maintaining my strength on my lifts though gains are either slow if they come at all

That body lmfao

wtf this would take like 2 hours.
>starting with upright rows
>high volume squats and deadlifts

Please do not do this as a natural.

If you work your fullbody in 1 session and you don't want to be in the gym for 2+ hours then you have to train only the compound movements which leads itself to a strength focus. Do a PPLx or UL split or something like that instead

Come on bro it looks like if you limit yourself to 3 minute rests and instantly finish everything it'll only take 37 minutes.

yes

GSLP

Pull movements work Back/biceps/rear delts Example: Rows

Push movements work Chest/tri/front,lateral delts
Example: Bench press
Legs aren't in either category so they can be programmed independently.
Never work the same muscle group consecutive days.
If you were to work out every other day you could program whatever you wanted.
Stick to compunds.
Make sure to do deads or a variation for spinal erectors.

Edit:
Lateral delts aren't hit on bench. Mainly on overhead press. They are hard to hit so I isolate them with side lateral raises.

GOMAD is a troll for any non skeletor and is often mentioned with SS

Bare SS (just the 5 compounds) are fine for a max of 6 months, but you'll probably want to start adding light accessory work by 3 months in, after 6 months look for a proper routine

Don't expect to make a lot of strength gainz on a cut
Switching after 6 months you can either add another day of exercise and make it a 2 day split you do twice a week if you want to focus purely power or hypertrophy or you can run a PH split routine (power/hypertrophy) or throw extra compound movements in the routine (don't do this unless you've already done accessories in the routine for atleast 3 months)

Most of all keep looking at other routines, namely which exercises target what, how many rep ranges they do, which lifts they do in what order and with what purpose and before you know it you can make your own routine.

SS is specifically designed for 14 year old americans wanting to put on a lot of mass for high school football. It isn't a well-rounded general weightlifting program.

OP IGNORE EVERYTHING IN THIS THREAD, READ THE FUCKING BOOK AND DO THE ROUTINE WITH THE ASSISTANCE EXERCISE UNTIL YOU GET PRETTY STRONG WHILE BULKING, DONT FUCKING DO GO MAD U GREASY BASTARD, JUST BULK CLEAN. after you get pretty strong it makes sense to switch to a more aesthetic routine if you like but you should still do heavy compounds, you can cut when you start getting fat if you want