100 rep calf raises?

Is there any reason this wont work?

I was browsing the T-nation forum the other day and i came across a thread where someone said they had some of their best gains by doing this. He said he'd perform long sets to fail with just his body weight to the point where he couldnt do another calf raise.

i think im gonna give it a go. nothing ventured, nothing gained.

whats your opinions on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121250931
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes it works

All winter i tried to bulk up my legs. Whenever id take a shower (every day) id do 100 calf raises. Then i added 5 every day

Got up to 500 raises in a single set. Your calves kinda go numb after the first 100 and u can keep going as long as you have patience for really

Huge calf pump

I also did single leg calf raises holding a dumbell at the gym 3x a week a long with my normal routine

My calves finally went from sticks to chicken drumsticks and im no longer embarassed. They match my forearms now

Try it

>they match my forearms now
wait wait wait, you saying at one point in your life, your CALVES were smaller than your FOREARMS
shit son, what kind of deformed physique you have?

what is a calf raise? just going on your tippy toes, holding it, then back down?

yes

CALVES- Lets grow them!

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121250931

Lol'd

Yes, generally speaking you need way more reps for your calves at any given weight. The range of motion is so tiny that you have to beat those fuckers to near death.

The guy in your pic is roiding. You shouldn't take advice from t nation unless you're roiding

I meant match not like theyre the same but as in theyre proportionally correct to eachother now

They USED to be the same size. Now the calves are like 30% bigger as they should be

I laughed so hard

'the fuck is...well, was wrong with you?

nevermind. Have now read

Yes the muscle fibres of the claves are endurance based (standing up all day). Makes sense that you'd need more reps reminiscent to aerobic exercise.

I've always thought this too.
Bu what about people saying the gastrocnemius is fast twitch and needs to be done for low reps/high weight

which one is right?

I find it ironic that pic related was at the top of the page

See for youself, I personally feel my calves respond better to high reps. I started out doing calf raises with 20kg Dumbbells off the edge of a book, then worked up the rep count over a couple of months going from 30 a set to around 80.

I've found recently that going heavy for 12-15 reps has shown good progress.
But long distance running always trumps that.

Also running up and down stairs is good for calves and quads.

is it ok to use the leg press machine for weighted calf raises?

Based on personal experience I agree.

>brother is a boxer with massive calves
>other brother is long distance runner with massive calves
>Im the most jacked but have shit tier calves even tho I hit em hard 8-12reps
>met a soccer player with massive calves

I feel as though calves grow with endurance style training and long periods of use

As usual, there are NO pics

There are no pictures of (natty) calf progress on the internet because it doesn't exist. Prove me wrong.

im running rickshaws this summer to get some calf gains. will report back in 4 months on if it helps or not

Is there even unnatty calf progress?

Extreme leanness aside, is this achievable natty?

the population distribution of fast/slow twitch ratio is ridiculously wide for calves

some people have 80%

that means you'll have to try a whole lot of everything until you figure out what works, but odds are you'll want to be hitting your calves in low-rep AND high-rep ranges every week. Like 10-15 low end and 30-50 high end

Explosiveness and negatives are pretty big things with calves. They're just probably not going to "adapt" at all if you're training them similar to how you just walk around every day.

Lateral head tends to have more slow-twitch fibers than medial head. For aesthetics, most people care about medial head more, so take that as you will.

Pointing your toes outward also will activate the medial head more than lateral head.

run up stairs, but always walk or at least lightly jog down. running down stairs is a huge impact on your knees, since they're not just taking the shock of running forward, but also the shock of moving down, and in a relatively narrow tread space. tripping on stairs is also a great way to kill your gains.

Kek

Looks like a second pair of balls