Do muscle insertions determine strength?

Serious question fit, do the insertion points of muscles have a limiting effect on a persons maximum strength?

If a person has poor chest insertions or poor bicep insertions, will that limit their 1rm?

I've seen many physiques and those with poor muscle insertions also seem to have smaller muscles. Is there any correlation?

Other urls found in this thread:

strengtheory.com/complete-strength-training-guide/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Only at Olympic levels does it really make a difference.

Break out your highschool physics text and look up the chapter on fulcrums.

The further the insertions the more leverage when your lifting shit therefore ones strength might be bigger.

Probably yes. You might not get a scientific af answer cuz this is /fit. But everyone's body composition determines their athletic output (think length of limbs), so I imagine even subtleties Iike insertions would influence something

You cant control it though so whatever

>Serious question fit, do the insertion points of muscles have a limiting effect on a persons maximum strength?

Yes, of course. It's pretty basic physics.

it's just like with racehorses but heredity is a rather third rail influence.

Yes, this is why In some extreme cases you can see skeletals benching 2pl8t

INSERTIONLETS BTFO!!!!!

FRESH 2016 MEME

BEGONE INSERTIONLET

begone insertionlet

Yes, the same muscle cross-section produces more torque(which is what actually makes your joints move) with a better insertion.

This is actually a lot of what makes animals much stronger than humans. Humans have insertions made for flexibility and dexterity. Animals typically have much smaller ranges of motion, and are built for strength. Who is better? A chimpanzee could probably rip your arm off with brute strength, but they couldn't throw something very hard at you. Our ancestors probably dominated the food chain with just the ability to throw rocks, then spears.

No

What effects strength is the size of the muscle and the amount of slow twitch muscle fibers compared to fast twitch muscle fibers. The shape of the muscle isn't important; it's the amount of fibers and the type of fibers.

Somebody with shorter legs but more fast-twitch muscle fibers and the ACTN3 geneotype of CC or CT (over TT) will run faster than somebody with longer legs with the genotype of TT due to the muscle lacking a working copy of ACTN3 which creates explosiveness. The TT person will likely build their legs up bigger though due to the lack of ACTN3 protecting the muscle fiber from damage.

The SHAPE of the fiber is going to take a backseat to the type of genes the person possesses, the % of fibers they possess (fast twitch vs slow twitch), their bone size, the natural size of the muscle.

Of course it does, why do you think chimps are so fucking strong?

Because chimps cant use couple muscle fibers to do shit, they just use all of the muscle to do everything always.

Yes, it has been scientifically proven, though I can't find the studies off hand at the moment.

They have shown that genetics can determine a person's "strength-set-point" from birth. It should also be noted that the same can be said for weight. It is amazing how people think that you can achieve anything other than what your genetics say you will be.

Begone insertionlet

Not muscle insertions but the length of your limbs in proportion with your torso

Absolutely, read this: strengtheory.com/complete-strength-training-guide/
search for "insertions" if you don't want to read the whole thing

BEGONE INSERTIONLET

Sure. But bigger muscles also improve leverages. You might never be Andy Bolton, but you should be more than capable of a double bodyweight deadlift.

how do I find out what type of muscle fiber is dominant in my body?

begone insertionlet

Begone insertionlet
Honestly I don't know why that guy looks so fucking weird

Begone insertionlet

Yeah, seems to be they determine both strength and aesthetics.

For example, in my family the insertions for our deltoids, biceps and lats are really low. Every guy in my family is as strong as a bear, but it's much harder to get their delts to show, their lats to spread into wings and their biceps to peak.

My friend on the other hand is the same height as me, but has high insertion for all of those muscles and he looks aesthetic without even trying but has much lower lifts.

Some of us were meant to be bodybuilders, some of us weren't.

BEGONE INSERTIONLET

BEGONE INSERTIONLET

I already have bad insertions. My children must suffer as well.

>implying there's a girl who would have children with me

we are also way more efficient at walking than other animals but are total shit at running. we use to just follow prey until they keeled over from exhaustion. (sometimes days while foraging)

>poor bicep insertions, will that limit their 1rm?
you should never be 1rm biceps anyways to being with

>he thinks my high school taught physics

yes

good question, I also would like to know

BEGONE INSERTIONLET

weak biceplet detected,i bet you cant even curl 1pl8 LOL