So why aren't you guys doing crossfit again?

So why aren't you guys doing crossfit again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k4jLxVILsFE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Take away all the memes and the bullshit and the ridiculousness of the culture and it's still way too fucking expensive

Too 'spensive

Because it's popular.

Read Rippetoes article on the good, the bad, and the ugly of crossfit.

I do crossfit. It's great. for only $200 a month I can get in a good 30-45 min workout 3-4 times a week (I tried 5 before but too much lol!). the community is great and the girls are pretty hot.

meh crossfit is kinda gay.. but ill admit the people that do it are strongest.

>only $200 a month

Wew lad. It's too easy to get (You)s these days.

Because every single person that I know that has done crossfit for a good amount of time has gotten pretty seriously injured

Because I compete in muay thai and would rather not have to sacrifice the well being of my body days before a fight because I injured myself doing a flying squirrel overhead hip thrust.

strongest at what exactly? show me any sport, any record that has been perfected by a crossfitter. its a fad program. the results they claim can be had with other style programs....without the injuries.

This

>tfw your buddy joined a 'box', paid $200 for 4 sessions, and had to do their meme workouts
>tfw he did this for a year
>tfw he didn't look any different at the end of it

200 fucking bucks for a gym that's open from 2-6pm 4 days a week and you can only go in for their shitty classes

There is no program. Its random exercises with no thought for for individual differences. advanced/experienced lifters and beginners are suppose to do the same but with different weights. which is absolutely ridiculous. If you really think a beginner should do the same program as advanced/experienced lifters then you have no clue on how to program or how different those 2 really are.

Fatigue is the biggest reason for injuries. Which is why doing technical and highly demanding exercises to fatigue is a bad idea.
But with crossfit its even worse. Because beginners dont get to master any lift. THey are introduced to pretty much all lifts. Which will ensure bad form, especially when fatigued.
There is a reason for why their injury section on their forum is so popular.

You can achieve the exact same goals, faster and with less injury by simply having a proper program where you plan ahead. Instead of throwing dices everyday on what exercises you should do.

with an unqualified instructor teaching olympic lifts to a bunch of casuals without teaching them correct form and encouraging them to do as many reps in a set amount of time causing them to lift with even worse form, making the exercises even more dangerous.

I am though and I'm more functionally fit than the idiots at the gym

People get life long injuries from doing that program and many people were seriously crippled.
Like broken spine shit.

I really don't want to get rhabdo.

>functionally fit

this is what ignorant people actually believe

Because doing technically complicated olympic lifts for time is dangerous

youtube.com/watch?v=k4jLxVILsFE

Nice b8 faggot

>so many people falling for the bait

kek

I already have my shoulders fucked I don't need any help with that, thanks.

yes user you are right

This is kind of pathetic
These are the top crossfitters and most of them can't even clean and jerk 3 plates