These only work on the lower back

These only work on the lower back

Why is there NOTHING that properly and easily trains the upper back muscles?
Pisses me off

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aXfOdvd-sJ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Front squat you mongoloid

Pendlay rows. Deadlifts. Bent over rows. Ripplerows.

Etc

>be two weeks into SS
>see Veeky Forums girl on one of these with a 15kg plate
>"i can do that"
>do 8 reps arching the fuck out of my back

and that's how i got 3 ruptured discs friends

Ya shouldn't have hyper extended ya fucked up good and proper

Its a hamstring movement but whatever OP

Not the way its usually done. With the hips behind the pad like that it's all lumbar work.

no, the hamstrings attach to the hips under the glutes. They extend your hips, she is in flexion. All the lower back is doing is keeping the spine straight (which she doesnt) but its not doing the actual movement.

How can the pelvis tilt forward to make it a hamstring movement when it's resting against the pad.

It's a lumbar spine movement.

Retard.

Uhh bent over rows? Deadlift?

>bent over rows

this still mostly trains the arms. thats my point man, there is nothing that you can do to just train the back muscles.
i have VERY shit back muscles and sometimes even just sitting straight trains them. And ONLY them.
I want that kind of focus on an exercise.

so do deadlifts...

I feel you. Nothing in the gym compares to getting underneath your bed and pushing your upper back into it to make it rise. If only you could somehow apply this into a machine.

What?...

DO DEADLIFTS YOU WEAK FUCKS

how the fuck do they train the upper back? they mostly train the legs and the lower back a little.

Sure but not an isolation exercise

>How do deadlifts train the upper back

Veeky Forums everyone, maybe reddit is better.

any kind of squat, deadlift, row, pull/chin-ups, clean/snatch work the upper back

deadlift is an ass exercise, you retards. The main movement is hip extension, and which muscle is the primary hip extender? That's right, the ass. And why would anyone do an ass exercise to target the upper back?

Op, what you want is Kelso shrugs

that's the dumbest shit i've heard.

Training your neck at the knee extension machine in a dick sucking motion at least train your neck. What you pointed doesn't work the back, and makes no sense.

Bent over rows, pull ups, rear delt flyes, face pulls, deads, shrugs

do you even know how leverage works? or how it affects loading of muscles?
Do you have ANY anatomical or biomechanical knowledge?
Because from that statement i can tell you got none.

Just shut up when you have no clue what youre talking about.

srs buh?
-back lat pull downs
-dumbbell shrugs
-chin ups
-seated rows
-one arm dumbbell rows

I figured out the machine. The back extension machine but only w padded w weight on the upper back. Does that make sense?

Fuck..

Probably not the best thread to post this in but hey, might as well

I'm a recovering fatty who has terrible posture, a mix of APT, forward head, and a mean dowagers hump.

I've been doing some stretches and exercises to correct my forward head, but this APT causes me wicked lower back pain and i'm not sure the best method to relieve it. At the moment i've just been doing unweighted ATG squats with a ball support behind me, lunges to stretch out my hip flexors, hamstring curls, and some leg raises for lower ab work but I feel like I should be adding something else, any ideas?

this, kelso shrugs are goat for the whole upper back

>op asks for an upper back isolating exercise
>gets told to do deadlift
it's like no one here even lift and have only started doing SS

Are you retarded, you fucking American? Are you seriously doing deadlifts for your upper back?

Fucking Americans, I swear. What the fuck. That's like doing biceps curls for your forearms because forearms "are muh auxilliary muscle".

D E A D L I F T S
E
A
D
L
I
F
T
S

The movement comes from the hips. And the there is only isometric contraction of the upper back. Just like any upper back exercise. Except you cant lift as much with that machine.
And its basically like an inferior deadlift.

I've actually read from a few different sources that when trying to correct APT/posture that squats/DLs may not be the best route to go because these posture issues already make my lower back super dense and tight and that I need to stretch my hip flexors/lower back and train my abs/hamstrings to correct it.

You dont fix your posture with exercises, you fix it by learning how to move the part and keep it in proper position throughout the day, actively, until it becomes a habit and your new posture.

First you need to learn to control your pelvis, then you need to learn how it feels when it is in neutral, and try to maintain that feel throughout the day.

youtube.com/watch?v=aXfOdvd-sJ0
Watch this, incase this is your problem too, as it can fuck your spine up when you lift.

>deadlift to fix apt

are you talking about muscles stabilizing the spine or muscles used for moving the arms?

if the latter then i'm wrong and misread the thread like an autistic kid. if it's the former then you have no idea how leverage and biomechanics of the upper back works.

Thanks man, that was actually super helpful

Pull ups!?

Kek

yeah i tried that machine.. it just isnt that good. It does train the back a little if you hit it just perfect but it's not reliable at all

so where r the arms, friendo

is this what Veeky Forums has come to

Fuck me learn anatomy.

Do you even lockout brah?

If your rows are "mostly training the arms", then you're doing the rows wrong.

What else would it train? Your fucking eye muscles?

Fuck off of my board with your retarded proprietary definition of "real training."

This user knows...

Underhand grip will give the biceps a workout, but BOR are a BACK exercise

OP is DYEL faggot

Rows
Cleans
Deadlifts
Pull-ups

15kg is really good for a girl.

Someone's got some weak ass arms.

then just do it by inverting the position so you'll train your upper back

Nice work explaining why he's wrong.