>Intermediate Programs
fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs/

>How to perform the Main Lifts
fitsticky.com/how-to/

I'll be helping everyone as much as possible

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XISJxsccN1E
youtube.com/user/JDCav24/search?query=stretch
4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki/Harsh's_Worksheet_(WIP)
youtube.com/watch?v=IE7nALXgXz0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeipƤjuusto
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What do you think of my routine now? I've just altered it a bit. I guess it was lacking in volume, only doing one main lift per week.

Any thoughts?

If you're doing that once per week, it's too little.

If you're doing that twice per week, it's too much.

Check the bottom of the fitsticky.com/texas-method for examples on how to make a good PPL split.
Read the "routine tips" section on fitsticky.com/novice-programs if you want to learn more about programming.

For the spoto bench, do lower reps and pause on each for 1-3s.

On monday, remove either the lunges or the SLDL and add chinups or pullups.

On thursday, remove the "sumo deadlift". It's pointless as you're already doing a lot of deadlift and snatch DL volume.

On friday, trim down the volume. You are doing 21 sets for your triceps, that way too far into diminishing returns. You don't need both rope pushdowns and skullcrushers (specially not when you're benching and pressing for high volume already), and the weighted dips and closegrip bench are too similar to warrant the double amount of sets.
I'd probably leave it as:
Bench
CG Bench or Weighted Dips
OHP
Cable Crossovers
Skullcrushers or Pushdowns (skullcrushers done for the full range of motion are more complete, pushdowns are easier to handle)
And if you want something extra, Lateral Raises.

well considering I don't follow a strict plan for how many times and on which days I go to the gym, I'll assume it's just right for me since I usually go 4 times a week

Do PPL with a fullbody training day instead then.

How retarded am I, guys?

A:
Bench 3x5
Rowing 3x5
DB bench 3x8
Pull-ups 3xF

B:
Squats 3x5
OHP 3x5
DL 1x5
Shoulder flys 3x8

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

I just got back into lifting after a 6 month hiatus (shoulder injury, not caused by benching though).

currently running greyskull with some hypertrophy accessories, ABA and BAB

A: Push
Bench - 2 x 5, 1 x AMRAP
Incline dumbbell bench - 3 x 8
Tricep extension - 3 x 8
Chinups/Dumbbell curl - 3 x F/ 3 x 8
Squat - 2 x 5, 1 x AMRAP

B: Pull
OHP - 2 x 5, 1 x AMRAP
Dumbbell OHP - 3 x 8
Chinup/Dumbbell curl - 3 x F/ 3 x 8
Yates row - 3 x 8
Deadlift - 1x5

Thoughts? I'm not doing leg hypertrophy since hitting legs x3 a week should be enough for size

I changed it up a bit in Ice Cream Fitness. I felt that there wasn't enough lat work, so I added pull downs (I can't do pull ups, currently at 103kg bodyweight), also on A days I'm going for hypertrophy range and on B days I'm going for strength.

Did I totally fuck up? I also really dislike bent over rows, so I'm doing machine rows instead.

You totally fucked up. If you don't want to do ICF that's fine, but don't butcher it and expect things to still work the same way.

Why are there no non barbell based programs?

Because barbell work tends to be the simplest, most effective way of getting shit done. Not the only way mind, but generally the best base to layer other stuff on for most purposes.

>Because barbell work tends to be the simplest, most effective way of getting shit done. Not the only way mind, but generally the best base to layer other stuff on for most purposes.
why?

Can I switch to Candito Strength/Hypertrophy after only two months of SS ? I realized I don't care about building only Strength and want to actually look good.

Easy progression, works with the widest variety of movements (try training lower body with DBs, for example) and is usually quicker to get right than bodyweight or DB movements.

Alright, thanks.
Any pointers on how I could customize the program I'm currently running then? I'm mostly aiming for hypertrophy rather than strength, and I don't enjoy doing 5x5 / 3x5 programs. All the sources I can find on Veeky Forums seems to send me in the direction of 3 day strength splits.

Third time lucky?

I will concede that heavy weight dumbell bench is more risky than benchpress in terms of snapping your shit
but a newbie can easily achieve progression and progressive overload with dumbells and machines to the same degree as barbell movements
seems arbitrary to completely neglect any non barbell compound centric routine for no real reason other than the authors preference

Thx for all the advice and the thorough answering Trappy. I went from a bro split to an actual routine because of your threads and I finally feel like I'm doing something right in the gym.

Also quick question about squatting: I can't come down quite enough because of my flexibility (I watched a lot of vids and it's not my stance or form). Should I just half-squat until I get down low enough or avoid squats and do stretching shit (any advice there?) Until I can atg ?

DBs require larger weight jumps. That's generally a bad thing when you're dealing with weaker lifters because they end up being quite large increases percentage wise.

Also the average beginner is, unfortunately, uncoordinated as all fuck. Its bad enough teaching them to use barbells (and, yeah, some people really do need remedial 'this is how you move your body' work before they get near free weights of any sort), watching them try to handle DBs is like watching a baby giraffe take its first steps.

Swimming 3 days a week

Chin-ups 3xF
Weighted crunches 3x8-12
Loaded russian twists 3x8-12
^ 3 days a week ^

Read the "routine tips" section on fitsticky.com/novice-programs to understand how hypertrophy works.

If you want to "look good" then fix your diet.

Go as low as you can (below parallel is good, parallel is ok) while you stretch your ankles. youtube.com/watch?v=XISJxsccN1E (the one with the barbell over the knees at the end is excellent)

Get weightlifting shoes if needed (you can get the adidas PL2 for anywhere between 50-70U$), or just put plates under your heels.

If you need to stretch your hips or hamstrings, in case you have a really bad case of hip mobility, check youtube.com/user/JDCav24/search?query=stretch

Also, log your progress on a website like symmetricstrength.com or strengthstandards.co

Add OHP (or handstand pushups if you're strong enough) and squats (or pistol/tuck squats if you don't wanna go to the gym). Deadlifts would be good too.

Lower the reps on the spoto bench, you won't be able to do 8 reps paused unless using weights that are too light. Aim for 3-5 reps there.
Facepulls don't really "belong" on tuesday, since they work the same muscles used on the pullup on monday, but it's not a big deal I guess.

Yeah I think you'll be fine. Adjust the volume as you go on.

There are, they're just not as common.

fitsticky.com/novice-programs

Do your squats as the second lift on A. Accessories come after.
Same for the deadlift.

Looks ok. Kinda sucks that on week 1 you're only training your legs once per week though.

What I meant by
>Go as low as you can (below parallel is good, parallel is ok) while you stretch your ankles.

Is that you should keep squatting and go as low as you can.
And then you separately do ankle stretches during the day, and maybe a bit before working out. But hips/hamstrings stretches you wanna do back home.

Swim guy here. I can easily add OHP since I have dumbbells at home. Are goblet squats ok? The regular dumbbells squats are extremely awkward and I'd really like to only visit the gym to do swimming. If I just added squats and OHP... would the consequences of leaving Deadlifts out be severe? In terms of aesthetics and function. Like imbalance between quads and hams or something idk. Same question with squats. Would it be so bad to leave squats out?

>DYEL faggot making his own "sticky" (not actually stickied) that doesn't add anything to the old sticky

It's like Harsh's faggotry all over again.
4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki/Harsh's_Worksheet_(WIP)

>doesn't add anything to the old sticky

>Implying the old sticky is even 50% relevant anymore since it's never updated.

Jumped on Candito's 6 week program because I respect the guy and it's a solid program

Probs jumped on it a bit too early though. Just finished week 5 and got 3 reps for every lift.
My plan for the next cycle is to use the predicted max that sym strength tells me, rather than using the 1.03, 1.06, 1.09 thing that Candito recommends as they don't increase the 1RM as much as the sym strength calculator does.

Figured this would be okay since I jumped on the program a little early and can afford to make some quicker gains

What do you think?

Pic is current stats from Symmetric Strength

Facts don't change over time, assuming they're true facts.

Can you guys give me a form check? I am trying to hit parallel

You picked a terrible angle to film from, its not really possible to see depth from it.

Lose the pad. Get your back tight and try to stay a bit more upright (it looks like trying to use low bar form with high bar position), that weight looks like its about to fold you over and get dumped on your neck.

>Monday
Romanian deadlifts 3x8-12
Lat pulldowns 3x8-12
One-arm dumbbell rows 3x5
Rear delt flyes 3x10-15
Bicep curls 3x8-12
>Tuesday
Barbell overhead press 3x5
Incline dumbbell press 3x8-12
Side lateral raises 3x10-15
Rope tricep pushdowns 3x10-15
Calf raises 3x15-20
>Thursday
Deadlifts 3x8-12, alternate 3x5 by week
Dumbbell bench press 3x8-12
One-arm dumbbell rows 3x8-12
Dumbbell overhead press 3x8-12
Lat pulldowns 3x8-12
>Saturday
Squats 3x8-12, alternate 3x5 by week
Pull ups 2x6-12, 1x6+
Incline dumbbell press 3x8-12
Seated cable rows 3x8-12
Lateral raises, supa set Tricep pushdowns 3x10-15 each
>Off days: abs/cardio
Goal: Aesthetics. I want a big back, shoulders, triceps, and upper chest. Already have big legs and mid/low chest.
Solid?

Basically doing pic with some additions

EABExCD

E: Boxing, 75 - 90 minutes

A: Bench 5x5
OHP 5x5
Overhand grip pullups 5x5
Dips 3x12
Cable crossovers 3x8-12
Lateral raises 3x8-12

B: Squat 5x5
Leg press 3x8
Snatch deadlift 3x5
Situps 3x20
Leg raises 3x12
Back lifts/raises not sure what they're called 3x12
Side lifts/raises 3x12

C: Bench 5x5
OHP 5x5
Overhand grip pullups 5x5
Dips 3x12
Skullcrushers 3x12
Hammer curls 3x12

D: Squat 5x5
Leg press 3x8
Deadlift 1x5
Situps 3x20
Leg raises 3x12
Back lifts/raises 3x12
Side lifts/raises 3x12

Usually finish each gym session off with 20 minutes of light running at 9km/h since I'm cutting.

How do you guys bench and The Press in the same workout? I tried doing a push pull legs split with 1 push day being a heavy bench/volume OHP and the next push day being a volume bench/heavy OHP and I feel like all of my strength is being drained and I need to do them on separate days to make any viable gains.

Generally, if you're doing both in one session whichever one goes second is just volume work - it ain't about pushing PRs on that day, just on putting in the work to PR at a later point.

Fatigue masks strength, but it doesn't stop strength gains.

Except none of these things are facts, and they've changed a lot over time.

This, also aesthetic gains are sometimes even better in the second lift

Use lighter weights for the volume work, and take enough rest between the sets.

Repeating this, use lighter weights for the volume work.

If doing intensity-volume/intensity-volume doesn't work well for you, even after lowering the weights used for volume, you can try volume-volume/intensity-intensity (pic related).
It's described in more details on the Practical Programming book.

There are examples of how I suggest handling PPL splits on fitsticky.com/texas-method

I hope you're not maxing everything on every workout while doing that. It's not sustainable, and 5x5 is awful for maxing.

I'd recommend you stick with 3x5 for maxing out (1x5 for the dl), and do all the 5x5 work with submaximal loads for volume. This is more sustainable and will lead to better results in the long run.

And please read the "getting stuck and getting unstuck" and possibly the "routine tips" sections on fitsticky.com/novice-programs

Read the "routine tips" section on fitsticky.com/novice-programs

You can always inflate your maxes if you still don't lift very heavy. People do it all the time.

Goblet squats are ok for your purpose. Doing DB OHP and goblet squats are gonna be great and make you stronger and more athletic. Won't be as good as actual strength training, but it'll do just fine for your purposes.

Deadlifts aren't 100% necessary for every goal, you'll be fine.

What angle would be better? Its a small gym, so only long bar is with a pussy pad, tho i dont really think there is a difference. How much straighter should i be?

Swim guy - thanks trappy!! I just don't want to end up skinny fat. Simply be lean with a muscular frame and some definition.

>Looks ok. Kinda sucks that on week 1 you're only training your legs once per week though.

I'm a postman. I spend all day every day running up and down lots of stairs.

Camera at the height of your hips (or slightly above it), side view.
Using smaller plates can also help, as larger plates obscure quite a lot of vision.

Isn't the pad removable? I've never seen a fixed one.

More reason to train your legs :)

boxing guy, I have been maxing, or at least I think I have, and adding 2,5 kg each time to every compound workout. Not stalling or plateuing just yet, but I understand that it might not be long until I do.
So I just max out bench one day and OHP the other and work the other at 90% or what? Anything else?

I have been lifting for 3 months and have seen some good results form the work I have been doing so far. I could really use yalls critiques if possible. Should i increase this bro split to twice a week over the summer?

Sunday- Legs/Shoulders
Squat
OHP
Leg Curl
DB Shoulder Raises
Shrug
Calf Raises

Tuesday- Chest/Tri

Bench
Tricep Pulldown w/ Bar
Tricep Pulldown w/ Rope
Incline Bench
Dips (assisted because I am a weak bitch)
Machine Fly

Thursday- Back/Bi
Deadlift
Bicep Curl
Lat Pulldown
Barbell Curl

Give a read to fitsticky.com/novice-programs

>no pullups
>no regular bench
>nothing for power
>2 shitty triceps isolations
It's shit

Folding at the hips instead of breaking at the hips
Keep your chin up

I do have regular bench, I do squat/deadlift/bench/ohp.... how is that not for power.

>
Read the "routine tips" section on fitsticky.com/novice-programs

I just re-read them. It looks fine to me. It's not all 5x5 but I've already done a beginner 5x5 program.

3x8 leg extension
4x10 db lunge
3x8 db ohp
3x8 row
3x8 db chest press

how this?

Problem: butt wink due to tight hamstrings. What are the best hamstring stretches?

Had already been squatting for half a year or so with butt wink, read that if it's not major, no worries. But ended up tweaking something in my lower back so now I haven't squatted for 2 months or so and I'm letting it heal and I want to get rid of this stupid buttwink. Halp.

Monday--
Bench/The Press (Alternate) 3x5
Squat 3x5
Dumbbell Rows
Supinating Curls

Wednesday--
Deadlift 1x5 3 sets of Powercleans for warmup
Skullcrushers/Triceps Extensions
Lateral Raises

Friday--
Squat 3x5
Dumbbell Rows
Hammer Curls

Daily---Lots of chinups and pushups

Using the Greyskull rep scheme so the last set is AMRAP

Thoughts

I can't squat heavy due to sharp pain in my groin area. How long should I not squat before getting back at it? Is a week enough? I'm 19 yo eat plenty

Your buttwink might not be caused by tight hamstrings, but in any case this is the best stretch youtube.com/watch?v=IE7nALXgXz0

Keep in mind your clothes can also make "buttwink" look a lot worse than it actually is. Candito has shown this in vid, even.

fitsticky.com/novice-programs

Yes, that's pretty much it. Anything around 80-90% will be fine.
If you wanna learn more details you can check the different sections on fitsticky.com/novice-programs
The section on "getting stuck and getting unstuck" can be particularly helpful.

Power cleans aren't really a good "warmup" for deadlifts. But yeah you can use them as that if you want, doesn't matter much. Keep in mind you should still do warmup sets for the deadlift.

The routine looks fine.
Don't overdo the daily chinup/pushup thingy as it can end up being detrimental to recovery and muscle growth.

Take anywhere from 3-7 days off. As long as you need.
Fix your squat form (point your toes out, shove your knees out when you descend so that they track over your toes

Just a little tip, try lifting, it seems boring from the outside but it's great once you get used to it, if you said that you only liked going to the gym to swim you probably have it easy to access some barbell and try to workout, if you like it you get something new and benefitful, if you don't liked you just have spended sone hours that I doubt you could use much better(I mean, I'm sure you have some spare time every week where you would be doing nothing important)

I can't do the second one shown in attached picture. So I'm kinda sure (hoping at least) that tight hamstrings are the issue and stretching them enough so that I can achieve the second position in the picture can't do any harm. If that doesn't fix the issue then I'm moving on to other possible reasons.

I always feel my lower back curve a little but when putting my hips back to reset on the deadlift
how can I combat this?

Why should I bother doing things like power cleans?

trappy pls help me
i've injured myself squatting, now i have pain in my groin, feels like hip impingement. this is the second time it happened: the first time the pain went away in like a month, but now it's been a month and it still hurts..
pls help

go to doctor u idot

See

Talking about injuries, which doctor should I go to get proper diagnosis? I went to a sports doctor/bone doctor and he can't diagnose my shoulder injury without an MRI.

doctor just told me to take NSAIDs

so stretching hip flexors, glutes and hamstrings? that should help?

>(point your toes out, shove your knees out when you descend so that they track over your toes

i know what i fucked up, my stance was too wide. what i'm asking is how to recover from this thing, it's been a month and it's still hurting (when trying to squat)

Let it rest. This means no squatting.
If it doesn't get better go to a doctor.

>i know what i fucked up, my stance was too wide

I doubt it, you probably just weren't opening your knees and pointing your feet out correctly. Rip has a drawing explaining this on SS, which you should read.

What the hell is in that cup

A:
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Chest flies 3x8-12
Dumbell lat raises 3x8-12
Hammer curls 3x8-12
Cable curls 3x8-12

B:
Squat 3x5
Ohp 3x5
Cleans 5x5
Lat pulldowns 3x8-12
Face pulls 3x8-12
Tricep pushdowns 3x8-12
Tricep extensions 3x8-12

AxBxAxx
Rate pls

thx famalam

Somebody pls critique mine, I'm not seeing much progress.

PUSH:
Bench 4 x 6
Decline Bench 4 x 6
Incline Bench 3 x 6
OHP 3 x 6

PULL:
Barbell curls 3 x 8
Shoulder raises 3 x 10
Dumbell row 2 x 8
Pulldown 2 x 8
Cable row 2 x 8
Dead 3 x 6
(I then cycle the entire routine)

LEG:
Squat 4 x 6
Calve raises 3 x 10
Incline leg press 3 x 6
Ab floor workout

I typically do Push/Pull/Leg/x/Push/cardio/x, then Pull/Push/Leg/x/Pull/cardio/x
I just am at super low weights. Bench like 155, Dead 145-185, Squat 155, and my fucking OHP is like...80.

Also I'm 25, 5'11", around 150 lbs

>have
halp

why so many curls? It just seems unnecessary.. and why so many tricep exercises? Just do one and add abs..

Opinions on my routine?

I was thinking of moving a few things around, but its got me some pretty solid gains and strength gains. Its 3x5 when cutting on main lifts and 5x5 when bulking.

I've just added lateral raises to improve my OHP, but not sure if its on the right day? I was also thinking of adding a more lower ab aimed exercise instead of doing cable crunches on both days.. thoughts?

My stats are-

OHP- 47.5kg x5
Bench- 75kg x5
P rows- 77.5kg x5
Squats- 117.5kg x5
Deadlift- 155kg x5

5'10 currently 76kg at around 11% body fat.

A-
Squats- 3x5
Bench- 3x5
P-rows 3x5/ B-rows 3x5
Skull crushers- 3x8
bicep curls- 3x8
goodmornings- 2x10
Cable crunches- 3x12

B-
Squats- 3x5
OHP- 3x5
Deadlift- 1x5/ 2x3
bench- 3x8 at 10%lower
Lateral raises- 3x8
Pull ups- 3x10
Cable crunches 3x12

no excuses this is my current program help me improve it

too many exercises. are you a retard?

Trappy, help me make Grayskull LP increments more interesting. The program calls for a 1/2 kg increase every workout for upper/lower movements, or 2/4 kg if you reach 10 reps on the AMRAP sets. What if I do something like this:

5 reps = no increment
6-7 = 0,5/ 1 kg
8-9 = 1/ 2 kg
10-11 = 1,5/ 3 kg
12-13 = 2/4 kg
Etc.

What do you think?

Is the SS Advanced Novice program the same as the main one, except with lighter Squats on Wednesday or do you reduce the frequency of the floor pulls as well? I looked at a few places and I'm getting mixed messages.

3-4 exercises per muscle is the norm i do 5 on some muscles but the added exercise isn't that difficult that i don't count it pls explain further why i'm a retard, i do think i should switch up my back workout and add DL instead of 2 exercises but other then that i don't see an issue

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeipƤjuusto

Trappy, does volume ultimately matter? Does it make a difference if I do 3x5 of a weight or 5x3 of the same weight?

retard confirmed

cuck confirmed

>the same weight.
Would mean the same volume

If you do 5 sets of your 3rm, it would be more volume than 3 sets of your 5rm, but it would take a loooot longer

Trappy, tell me why this isn't the best beginner routine ever, and I will explain why you are wrong.

A.
Ohp
Chin up
Deadlift

B.
Bench
Row
Hip thrust / squat (alternate)

Start with 2 sets of 4-6, to get maximal strength response, then dial the weight down to your 10rm, and bust out two sets.

So you are progressing on 10 reps as fast as you progress on 5 reps.

When you start to stall on ohp, switch to push press, switching back to ohp when you stall on that.

Squat frequency might be too low for most of you faggots, but y'all niggas t-rexes

How is this for someone coming from bodybuilding style programs that wants to add strength over the summer and into next year? My lifts are 175/255/315/335 for singles. H/L designate heavy/lighter sets.

Day A
3x5 Barbell Squat (H)
3x5 Standing Barbell OHP (H)
1x5 Deadlift (H)
3x8 Incline Bench (L)
3x8 Pullups (L)

Day B
3x5 Barbell Squat (H)
3x5 Barbell Bench (H)
3x5 Rows (H)
3x8 Dips (L)
3x8 Chinups (L)

>2016
>using a newfag meme

k

Why the fuck is non lifting faggot making and spamming these threads instead of people that actually lift and know stuff?

go back to plebbit kiddie

>that fucked up "progression"
>that exercise selection
>that training volume
0/10

Your routine looks like an intentional attempt at memeing

A: :chest and tris:
Incline BB bench - 6X5
Db bench - 4X10
Incline cable flyes - 4X8-10
Weighted tris dips - 3X8
Overhead tricep extension - 3X10

B: back and bi:
High rack pulls - 5X5
Dumbell row - 5X10 (swap with tbar?)
Pullups (weighted) - 3X8
Cheat curls - 2Xf
Hammer curls - 2X10

C: legs and shoulders:
Squat - 3X5
Leg press - 3X10
OHP - 3X5
Arnold press - 2X8-10
Side laterals - 3X10
Front raises - 3X10
Facepulls - 3X10

ABCxABCx

Can you help me modify your gslp so it's a 4 day routine?

h-hi Veeky Forums
is this a good routine for training back?
Deadlift 3x3-5
Barbell Rows 3x8
Pullups 3xF
Face pulls 3x8

stfu trappy is love, trappy is life

Have been lifting for 6 months, doing a vague PPL split anything from 4-6 days a week, with lots of accessory work, eating at around maintenance. Have seen moderate growth in all areas but think I could make better progress with a lower volume strength routine, and eating at a surplus. Any advice welcome.

Should have clarified, this is a routine I have written today with the intention of beginning it on Monday.

You fucking disgust me trappy, you mentally ill piece of shit. Why can't you just post anonymously like everyone else? These threads are great but you make me sick to the stomach with your homosexual shit. I hope you suffer everyday from being a failure.

Newfriend, please.

opinion on GVT?
I stopped going to the gym because I was moving into a new apartment and I found out theres a personal gym here. I went and checked it out and they only had a cable machine. How effective would 10x10 tricep pulldowns be seeing how thats the only tricep exercise I could do?
Also, is an all cable routine bad? There are a couple chest, back, and bicep exercises I can do on it, the gym even has a bench I can adjust for specific workouts.

>hating someone because they use a tripcode
>hating trappy because "he's not like everyone else"
what is mob mentality?
same disease /pol/ has with that sick obsession over trump