From a thread about grip strength:

From a thread about grip strength:

Poster 1:
>I know I can shake a strong guy's hand and because I hadn't "set up" properly, my hand gives a bit and hurts some. However, I then ask to re-do the handshake (don't want him to think I'm a sissy), I seem to tense and sort of line up the bones of the hand to beter grip AND to better defend against the grip.

Poster 2:
>Re do? Who gives a re do? Re do's are sissy. You get one shot and if you fuck it up then you are branded limpington. No exceptions.

Answer from poster 1:
>False. Many a time I'll meet some stupid kid who doesn't know how to shake a hand and our thumb to index finger troughs dont touch, causing an uneven and unfair handshake. This is very disappointing, and I will usually be the one to propose a redo just to allow my new acquaintance a second chance to establish himself.

Well, Veeky Forums? Who is right here? Are "re-dos" on handshakes legit?

Doable only if it is an informal situation and you have the charisma to pull it off. Otherwise it is autistic

>Many a time I'll meet some stupid kid who doesn't know how to shake a hand and our thumb to index finger troughs dont touch, causing an uneven and unfair handshake
That's no accident. Many people do this.

I think you have autism.

When you shake a hand just thrust gently your hand into his, and grip firmly.

its a feminine thing right?

>re-dos on handshakes
This must be an American thing.

That's the most autistic thing I've ever read.

It's a dominance thing.

> Are "re-dos" on handshakes legit?
no

people develop a first impression about someone during the first handshake using different criteria
> how firm was the handshake
> how dry/wet was the hand
> warm/cold
> awkward/confident
> size/roughness of hand

there are NO do-overs, the impression is already made

if you ask for a do-over, you're literally confirming you're a beta and making the whole situation more noticeable than it would have been

another thing that can be inferred by a handshake is dominance

> whether or not the handshake is equal
> who's hand is on top
> whether its tilted in someones favor

Nope we do not do that in the land of the free. I think it might just be an autism thing.

Desu senpai

Every single person that I have ever handshake with leaves with a broken hand. That's how powerful my grip is ;)

So the trick is cheating by grapping the fingers instead of the palm? Instant dominance.

no, that'd be instant failure

you need proper form and a firm grip on their palm

just a regular handshake

Yes, another sign of being cucked by a bunch of computer nerds and potheads who got upset that they had their heads kicked in for being faggots in the 60's

At some point i noticed that some people squeeze once when they shake hands and others just dont even try. They just kinda touch hands.
So whenever a squeezer runs into a toucher the toucher is like WHAT THE FUCK MANG???
Squeeze master race.

kek

touchers are betas

squeezing shows masculinity, strength, confidence

Nothing worse than a completely limp hand during a handshake, makes me feel weird and instantly look down on the person

>people are unironically discussing whether or not to do "re-dos" on handshakes

People who grip too early fuck me off

I never put any firmness or grip into a handshake, I simply shake the hand. I love giving a smug smile to someone after they just tried to crush my hand to seem alpha, they always look down and away like a bad dog.

just say. That's not a proper handshake, lets try again.

Dont admit it being your fault, but dont try to blame him.

super simple

There's no way you've finished high school.

Redos only work if you were the better shaker. Guide the other hand into yours with your other hand gently and say something like "let's try that again"

the very existence of this post confirms that autism is thriving

Anything for you sempai~~

>I emulate the strong silent type in movies but just end up looking autistic

what the fuck is going on

A lot of guys with pussy grip will do it on purpose. They aim for your fingers. You just have to anticipate and get good and catching their hand in the right place.

I've got smallish hands(proportionate for my height) but a hella strong grip. At my new job I found myself shaking so many hands that I made a point of getting good at it.
I focus on the elbow and really guide my palm in confidently, with a bit of force, so that even if they try to finger crush me that extra momentum slams me into the depth of their palm and allows me a good strong handshake.

If you shake hands a lot its fucking important you do it right.

>when someone grabs thumb over thumb in bro-handshake
Just shake my hand like a normal fucking person please

Its even better when I can barely stifle my laughter. sometimes the offending neanderthal even gets red in the face. I've noticed a trend in the hand squeezers though: they're always smaller than me.

>the things I do to stay superior...

>Nothing worse than a completely limp hand during a handshake, makes me feel weird and instantly look down on the person
Americans...

You guys think there's a reason to that? A personnality trait that makes them give a shitty handshake?

More like what I do to be respected. Say what you want but people who think developing a good handshake is silly never have to shake the hand of anyone that matters.

A shitty handshake can literally ruin you to the wrong person.

Do you people look at the dude you're shaking the hand with, or at the hand?

Do you actually just grip it, or shake it too?

Look them in the eye
Firm, but not soul crushing
Dry hand, preferably
A little up down action, but don't jackhammer the dude

people are much more insistent on trying to crush my hand since getting Veeky Forums, it's pretty annoying actually, it's always manlet dyels who do it too. other guys my size don't bother so it must be an insecurity thing.

>put hand out
>other person grips fingers and tries to crush them

seriously faggot?

I hate when they go for the fingers.
Or when they do that weird shake where they just pinch your palm with the tip of their fingers and thumb.

>be me
>busted up hand, later found out broken but it had only just happened so no cast
>meet gf's father for first time
>lumberjack.jpg
>shakes my hand
>I wince ever so slightly
>forever dissapoint

Normally I let those handshake fuckers think they are all dominant and shit, i dont really give a fuck but sometimes you really need to nail that first impression.

who the fuck gives a shit about handshakes

Unfortunately in my line of work (finance) a fuckton of people.
Particularly in job interviews with companies where the interviewer is some old bastard who once shook hands with Methuselah.
It's funny that they think they can establish what sort of person you are by gripping your hand, yet they're all a pack of backstabbing greedy cunts.

jesus fuck lads, calm your tits, its a handshake.

no, if you happen not to squeeze harder than him it doesn't mean he screws your girl with his 10 inch dong.

you guys are so fucking insecure

This. All you need is a firm handshake. A limp handshake is pretty bad, but also bad is the stupid motherfuckers who are so insecure that they need to prove their masculinity by squeezing the life outta your hand.

kek