QTDDTOT

No question unanswered edition.

My memory fails me but what is the website where you enter your height weight and lifts and it shows you where on your body you're lagging or out of balance and if you're a novice,intermediate, advanced lifter etc?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y1r9toPQNkM&feature=youtu.be
aasgaardco.com/store/print
twitter.com/AnonBabble

symmetric strength?

If creatine allows you to produce more ATP, and DNP makes the ATP cycle more inefficient, bleeding off some of the ATP->ADP process as heat, does creatine act as a force multiplier for DNP?

The pics for these threads are getting more and more awesome.
My question: in terms of training my abs, are hanging leg raises enough? To get simple, aesthetic abs along with low bf?

i do the p90x ab routine every 2 days and it does define my abs, though my lower abs have a fucking 100 level sneak since they refuse to show up unless i flex.

Why should I bench?

What does the ab routine entail? What bf are you? Also do you play elder scrolls? :D

Sup Veeky Forums, Just got out of Army infantry school, and just arrived at my first duty station in Colorado. Looking to really hit the weights hard and put some bulk on. I'm sure I'm going to be doing all the gay crossfit shit with my unit, but I also want to hit the weights later in the day if training allows.

Looking to get a good supplement plan together, although anything past your basic whey protein, Bcaa, creatine, and a multivitamin I've got no experience with.

Worth it to start a pro hormone cycle?

Is walking around home on your tip toes to make your calves grow effective or just a meme?

is gelatin good or bad?

It's the biggest upper body push. Of course you can do OHP and dips instead, it's no problem, but bench is a no-brainer really.

I have a friend who bounces a lot on his calves when walking and they are huge. His calves are as thick as his thighs. He is a lanklet but his calves are impressive

Calves are the most unpredictable muscle in terms of growth so people often try weird shit if heavy raises don't work. Some do hundreds of bodyweight reps, some use funny walking techniques all day long.

Thanks mang
What i dont get is, i boxed for years, was skipping, sparring, doing hill sprints-all the good shit people say makes them huge....and they were even smaller than now.

Roger that dubsfriend

Can i do 3 sets of low bar squats then last 2 high bar?

I got my dick caught in a fan.

I'm 5'8 , 72 kg . Around 25-30 bf .
I have fat around my lower back and it makes me look like I have a wide waist. I've read that when you cut, fat from around the lower back is the last to go . I wanted to ask , til such time that I burn that fat , is there anything I can do to make it less apparent? Like specific exercises .

Wider shoulders can help so lateral raises and the like. Then again gaining muscle is a slower process than losing fat. You can lose a kilo a week but you can only gain 5-10kg in an year. I'd say don't be demotivated by this, keep lifting heavy and start eating right.

I'm doing SL 5x5, do you keep to your macros on the rest days or just eat less in general? Or is it best to hit your protein macros everyday?

Calves are a bitch. Good luck with your calves in the future.

Is this workout optimal to do at home while trying to lose fat while getting some noob gains all over?
youtube.com/watch?v=y1r9toPQNkM&feature=youtu.be

Stay away from groupies senpai

I'm using myfitnesspal to track my diet

if I'm cooking some chicken breasts, do I put the weight of the breasts before I've cooked them or after?

whenever I do lat raises, even though I'm doing babby weight (4kg at most for 8-12 reps) my left shoulder gives out

it's always my left, never the right, it just gives out on me

anyone know what could be causing this?

Hit the gym for the first time two days ago, my body is still killing me but I would like to go again. Is it fine to go today or should I wait until tomorrow? Thanks

go today

>thinks being off by 10 or 20 grams is going to matter
protip - it's not

I was horribly sick yesterday. couldn't keep anything down, sleeping intermittently throughout the day
How negatively will this affect me? Since I can eat today, should I eat at surplus to try and regain energy, or should I try and stay the course on my cut?
Also, are there any tricks you guys have for improving recovery after being sick?

Thanks senpai Ayy :)

So let's talk about pic related.
What the absolute fuck?
Is this a thing?

>Is walking around home on your tip toes to make your calves grow effective or just a meme?
Probably works. I've never seen the inside of a gym but I pace back and forth like 6 hours a day, so I look like a SS meme.
Insanity is a hell of a drug.

I recently had a heart problem. I can't do anything strenuous for the heart, for a while. My cardiologist is I'm sure a master of hearts, but he's a fat ass 320lb paki. But is there any way I could do some kind of lifting? Even if it's 10 lbs plz help me Veeky Forums

Is hand gripper a meme or not?

hows everyone doing?
I'm a novice lifter at best, I have been going for half a year now and have made some beginner ganis (started at 121lbs bodyweight, now at 141lbs) only using dumbbells and a recommended program. I feel like taking it to the next step and am not sure what to do now. my main goal is aesthetics but would like more strength as well. I'm willing to buy all the equipment since the next gym is 45mins away and I have the money. I have looked into Stronglifts 5x5 and I like the simplicity of it but it seems to bemore strength-focused than I'd like.

tl;dr: dumbbell dyel has made some gains, what now for aesthetics?

What should my % split be between carbs/protein/fat when bulking, how much protein should I be getting while bulking at 165lbs? What's the difference between a "dirty" bulk and a "clean" bulk?

Would doing handstands with fists (instead of palms) help with wrist strength?

can someone rec me a strength routine which doesn't rely heavily on squats? my quads are already too big. could i perhaps modify an existing routine in order to squat much less and deadlift more or something?

While bulking, your protein matters less because you'll be getting enough calories to maintain regardless. Just make sure you get your surplus with a similar, but more carb loaded diet to your cut. You'll probably end up with about 15-20% protein.

A clean bulk is getting caloric surplus with quality, micronutrient dense foods. A dirty bulk is getting a surplus with whatever the fuck you can put in your mouth.
Clean would be something like a homemade lamb stew with barley or rice.
Dirty would be a fuckin big mac and french fries.

>gives out
details, describe what you mean

dumbbbell overhead presses

dumbbell bench presses

goblet squats

dumbbell one legged deadlifts

dumbbell rows

pull ups or chin ups

L-sits

handstands

there you go, 8 exercises that aren't men's health tier. bear in mind this is making do with the situation (ie only using dumbbells).

or you could do it properly and join a gym.

they help when doing pushups, so i imagine it would help when doing hand stands. However, you're gonna be a lot less stable...

Is not hitting the frontal abs and chest necessarily a bad thing? I really dislike the way most people who train look, with heavily defined frontal abs and a big chest. Is there even a way to structure my program around hitting my abs as little as possible while still being strong and healthy? Deadlifts and squats hit the abs a lot and leaving those exercises out seems like a bad idea.

asking if something is a meme,
is a meme

2 questions, what percentage of macros should be fats if I'm doing my first bulk
>Inb4 lurk more
And secondly, how much should I look to gain per week if I'm trying hard and don't care if I end up looking kinda fat.

5'9" 150lb

Why do my legs shake when I use the leg abduction/adduction machine?

you're probably getting blood flow to an area that doesn't get enough. Or perhaps your antagonist muscles are weak...

Don't really know to be honest....

I started lifting a few months ago and haven't been doing Bench press, but i've been doing dumbbell bench with 55 pound dumbbells for 5x5, When I go back to doing Bench will my Bench be ok due to still training the same muscles, or will have I only made a starting point to get better from

>you're probably getting blood flow to an area that doesn't get enough.
I swim twice a week and I've always done lots of sports with heavy running (soccer, tennis, etc.).

Could I possibly able to use my barbell in addition to these or mix and match them together?
Thanks for it

Do cable rows train mostly the traps or lats??I want to stop training my lats for a while and focus on my upper back so I will replace lat pulldown/chin ups with other upper back emphasize exercises.
Am already doing T bar rows,power cleans and deads

really doesnt matter that much, get enough protein and the right total calories.

If you were to pick 4 triceps exercises to do to get huge tris, what would you pick?

I can't settle on which ones to go with, besides dips

how long should I wait with doing push ups, squats and crunches to see any visible change? (at home)

fingering your mom

Is it ok to dirty bulk and then to do a clean cut and eat clean at maintenance? Preferably a slow cut so I spend more time eating clean.

>No question unanswered edition
>asks a question that can easily be googled through keywords in your own post
>doesn't know how ot use the catalog and find the other, still active, QTDDTOT
>that probable samefag and praise of the OP
KYS

Biggest upper body pressing compound
Not necessary though and definitely overrated by the average bro

But why? They are very similar movements
Your routine is probably shit if you made it yourself and think there's any reasonable benefit to doing this

Bigger everything else
Especially shoulders and lats

Keep diet consistent
It's best to hit every macro every day

>gives out
What?
It could easily be imbalance in strength and one failing before hte other, which is fine.

Elaborate. And describe your technique while you're at it.
>inb4 shitty description revealing no idea of how ot perform the movement well

Read the sticky
DOMS means almost nothing

Eating more and well always helps when sick, for obvious reasons.

Seems to be a shitty way to work biceps for people with no equipment

>never seen the inside of a gym but I pace back and forth like 6 hours a day
>I looks like a SS meme
You're a jackass

Ask medical professionals

They can help, but so can other things

>made some beginner gains
>121, not at 141
Gaining weight is not a beginner gain. Any fatass can gain weight without even working out

>muh aesthetics
Fuck people who ask these types of questions
Lift weights nad you will get bigger, stronger and more aesthetic

'Aesthetic' in this way is literally just size with low bodyfat and favourable insertions with some proportions. So literally just lift and watch your diet
If you're asking 'how do I lift more?', which you basically are, you don't deserve an answer

Fuck you for making me type that

Yes, but I would say that it won't do anything regular weight pressing will

close grip bench, dips, tricep extensions are the 3 I can think of

Dips, close grip bench, bench press and cable pshdowns if you have autism.

Compunds for eveytihng buddy.
Your bench will be higher. There is a small difference between DB and BB bench. With DB you have to do more stibilization work.
It will not be good for your health to leave out so very important muscle groups in your training. Muscle imbalance will cause bad posture and pain.

How much does close grip bench work your chest?

>quads are already too big
Doubt. Post pic.

Jus do any proven routine and squat less
Since you're probably a beginner, Greyskull LP fits the bill

Big chests are more of a modern thing. Past (much older) BBs had big shoulders but smaller chests in proportion, pic related
You will not drastically change your ab size, even if you hit them hard with frequency, so I wouldn't worry about that

Unused to handling weight in such a way
Those machines are pretty pointless IMO, especially for the non-advanced

Better starting point and possibly faster progression
Really unnecessary to ask this, just go for it m8!

Both
>stop training lats for a while
Terrible idea

Bench press
Overhead press
Dips
Lying tricep extensions
Close grip bench
French press

Anything you want to do is OK
Dirty bulk is never ideal

Former tennis player here. Been lifting for 3 weeks but my right arm is still way bigger than my left arm. Do I need to focus on the left arm when lifting, or is it going to catch up naturally?

Pasted from sticky
>Second, related to the first, good programs work out the entire body. You will never get the results you want just doing your arms or chest; it doesn't work that way.

Why? Is my body like: "sorry faggot, you skipped legs today, no gains for you regardless of anything else". My legs are huge due to years of running. I would enjoy my training much more if I could focus on my chest and arms only, cause it is them that do not match my legs, not the other way around.

do i only need abwheel for my abs?

Way less than it does your triceps.
Stop worrying so much dude. Just lift some weights man.
3 weeks is nothing. Keep training with the same weights to keep your symitry and avoid imbalance in muscle growth.
If you legs are already big thn it does not apply to you as much as it would to a newbie. Then thing is that the muscle does not like imbalanced growth.
BUT it is literally CRAZY not to do squats in ANY work out routine. You dont need to go super heavy or anything, but the squat is the king of strength. YOu work out your entire body, and keep your muscle fibers up to date in your legs.
You can, if you like, only do ab wheel. It works your entire core. It is the same to ask if you only need curls for your biceps. Sure, you hit the desired bodypart, but you are only preforming one excercise. Diversity is good, but doing what you find enjoyable is more important.

Let it catch up naturally
Do your best to lift evenly and not favour the stronger side. Failing because of one side weakness will be natural for some lifts, just got to deal

>legs are huge to to years of running
Unless you've been exclusively sprinting, you did not actually add much muscle mass from just running. Lots of people say this nad htey are always wrong. Protip: legs are supposed to be bigger and stronger than the whole upper body

>Why?
Common sense. Any good exercise program will work everything for general proportion
>I would enjoy my training much more if I could focus on my chest and arms only
Lol
Do whatever the fuck you want to do man, but I sincerely hope you at least put equal focus in working your back. As for any advice, you literally only have to do 2 exercises to build appreciable legs. But nobody is going to hunt you down if you don't do them

How much do you sleep, Veeky Forums?

so if it works my entire core what use would it be to have another exercise? and which exercise would that be ?

Always try to get 7+ hours, 8 is actually great for me and what I aim for. Can live with 6

Sleeping in uni during stressful periods was a little fucked up though

Nobody's going to hold a gun to your head
I really liked user's answer, above, though
This is just an infuriating follow up. Nobody is going to hold a gun to your head. You can do whatever the fuck you want

>Doubt. Post Pic.
they are too large/heavy to hit my gymnastic goals as it is without adding more mass a la rippetoe's fetish.

not a beginner either (can OHP bodyweight and diddly 2.5x bodyweight). any recs?

>gymnastic goals
Isn't there a specific routine that you should follow then? Or someone you can consult for one?

>strength routine
>not many squats
>doesn't want quads
Sounds like either a split or a PL routine that has squats butchered out of it. Considered PPL?

Do hanging leg raises target the obliques too?

I started to work out 4 weeks ago, and i have a question about deadlifts.

Do i need to change the hands sometimes? Do you guys change the grip sometimes?

I always have the right palm showing to my body and the left palm away from my body.

Also, does it actually make sense as a righthanded? Shouldn't my strong hand (right) show away of my body?

I've been following some proana blogs for weightloss inspo. Many of them recommend honey in hot water for weight loss, reason being it satisfies cravings and apparently honey is a laxative. How can this be if you're drinking a cup of sugar? If you're imbibing more calories, how does that help you lose weight? I'm not saying it's incorrect since many of the girl reccing this are quite thin, but I'm confused. Honey has also never given me a laxative effect. Also, why hot water and not hot tea so it has flavor at least? Would hot tea with honey work?

exrx.net/WeightExercises/HipFlexors/BWHangingLegRaise.html
exrx.net/WeightExercises/HipFlexors/BWHangingStraightLegRaise.html

>change hands/grip
Some people are autistic about this, I don't think it's that big of a deal. Imbalances created from deadlifts are way overstated, IMO.
So it's up to you, really. Some people never switch, some people switch every or every few sessions, some people switch every set.
Just don't switch every rep.

It's natural to switch the weaker grip hand to supination (underhand) and keep the stronger hand overhand. So if you are right handed, it's natural to keep your right palm towards your body
When using mixed grip, the supinated (underhand) becomes easier to hold, so that's why it's typically the weaker hand that gets flipped

I spent about 8 months doing a dumbbell and machine routine, not doing real lifts.
If I go onto SS now have I 'wasted' my gains and will I make them much slower. Do I also still increase my lifts by how much SS tells me to for beginners or not, do I not adapt as fast?

Hi, I'm My question should have been: what program do you recommend for my situation? I'm terribly sorry to have caused you this anger. Apoligies.

>honey in hot water for weight loss
Post source
Protip: Not scientific = Not true

My rationale on this is that hot water/tea is a little bit satiating in general, so may stop people from grabbing a snack instead

Reading the rest of your post now, you seem to have your head on straight.

>If I go onto SS now, have I 'wasted' my gains and will I make the much slower
No. You will likely just be at a little higher starting point that you would have been
>Do I also still increase my lifts by how much SS tells me to for beginners or not, do I not adapt as fast?
Linear progression is linear progression

Not found brah. So are obliques hit?

Okay thanks, I'm still weak as shit (benching 35lb dumbbells), thanks for the reply

>not found
Are you retarded?

At what stall do you move off of Starting Strength? To my understanding it's when you're no longer adding weight every week, but do you stick on with it if you can add weight to squat but stall on bench press or overhead press?

Yes they do, just be sure to engage your core

>Would hot tea with honey work?
In many places people sweeten tea with honey rather than sugar fyi.
They probably don't mean a shit-ton of honey anyway, just a mug of tea with a teaspoon of it. Not that many calories. And it doesn't work as a laxative for me either (some teas are laxative, though). They're probably just using it as a food/sweet drink (soda) replacement, in which case it helps because it's a lot lighter than Fanta.

And always remember that at least half those girls are 100% sedentary so their BMR during total caloric restriction drops really low (that's why they faint all the time). If you're exercising heavily or taking stimulants (eg coffee), you should be able to easily eat twice or more of their daily intake. Thrice if you're a dude.

Otter mode without abs definition. Going for a beach holiday in 3 weeks. Should I try cutting till I get visible abs or should I focus on getting bigger?

Explain

Thanks

Deload, work back up

It is natural to stall on the presses first though
Read the book if you haven't
Consider accessories for weaknesses/sticking points. Make srue you are doing back work. Consider eating more

For me, when this happened, I did the above and also played with my rep ranges to keep progressing. I did not want to move on from SS until my squat/dead stalled, so that was my solution.
You could also switch to DBs for a time before moving back

Anything for progression

currently on a ppl bulk program. i plan on shipping to basic training in a little over a year. should i just do pushups on push days or nightly to increase endurance?

Thank you.

So it's not possible, that if i lift heavy weights someday, my weak hand is not strong enough to hold it, right?

3 weeks really isn't that much time to do anything

>Explain
Both links work perfectly fine, and both list obliques as stabilizers
This aroused the suspicion that you are retarded, because you either cannot read or you could not make the links work through a simply copy and paste (don't forget to hit the return key)

Thank you. Now if I'm too concerned about doing form with power cleans, is there an exercise or set of exercises I can replace it with in SS?

Kek excuse me. I had a blonde moment and copied the whole thing. Pardon me, it's been a long day.

If you want to just increase pushup count, 'grease the groove'

>that wording
Mixed grip will help you get much further and should last you long enough to not really haev to worry about it
Chalk helps immensely too and should be supplied by any good gym that supports heavy lifting

Again, read the book. It goes over this.

IMO, even if the author disagrees, I think it's fine to replace the power cleans with rows for the average person looking to get stronger, pendlay rows being the favourable variation.

That being said, I did cleans when I did SS and I would do them again too, if I started over.
But it is also true that the description of power cleans in the book it not so great (you haven't even read it anywasy though)

>pendlay rows
Is there a big difference between the third edition and second edition of the book? Or was it Rippetoe capitalizing on his popularity to make a quick buck? The different editions are only 4 years apart.

aasgaardco.com/store/print

Any decent instructional book/textbook has updated editions to correct inaccuracies or changes in the opinion of the author

The 2nd edition is good enough for a trainee to read though

Thanks again. Time to get reading.

is it possible to deadlift someone's jaw off?
like lets say you need to dole out some righteous fury, preferably on someone who very much deserves it,
could you stand on a person's head, and just pull the thing straight off?
what would you need, a 6pl8 diddy?

I know peanuts are good, but what does Veeky Forums think about cashews?

I think they taste better.

your opinion is incorrect
peanuts are vastly superior in taste

After you hit protein intake is it important to have a certain amount of fats and carbs or is it fine as long as you eat correct kcals?

Example:

Breakfast of:
-milk
-oats
-banana

Or:
-milk
-oat
-peanut butter

If you eat the amount of proteins needed (or more) and have the same amount of calories for both meals, is it fine or not?