Thoughts on stevia?

Thoughts on stevia?

Saccharin tastes much better.

I don't like things like this.

The body craves sweet and savory for a reason. Just be intelligent about what sweet and savory food you consume.

Ie; feel like something sweet, cook veggies or eat fruits, have some dark chocolate....

feel like something savory, eat wholewheat biscuits, chug in protein shakes in between and eat filling sources of protein like chicken breasts and egg whites and maybe a yolk every now and then.

Not as good as cocaine

It's meant to be 100 times sweeter than sugar but I need twice as much to taste anything.

Depends on what it's in, to be honest.

I don't detect the bitter aftertaste in my morning coffee (probably because the coffee is already bitter) or in anything sufficiently milky. Sometimes in desserts. I have tried sodas with stevia sweetener but all I could taste was the stevia in those.

In general though, give me all of the 0 calorie sweeteners. I've consumed ridiculous amounts of aspartame in my life, but at some point late last year I just suddenly stopped craving/liking carbonated beverages.

>falling for the whole wheat meme

Tastes like shit t b h f a m

Yeah I got a question, when it says fromSteviol glycosides is that still real Stevia or is that some sort of rip-off? Also which form is best? Liquid drops or pill/tablets form?

this F A M

Aspartame and erynthyol are better

It's the only truly safe no-calorie sweetener on the market. No side effects whatsoever.

>eating wheat, ever
Get used to it
No they're not they're chemical shit made in a lab and will give you cancer

>implying lab made is bad
>implying they can cause cancer

>No they're not they're chemical shit made in a lab and will give you cancer

Mom pls go

Or I could just not eat it... Or are you one of those pseudo-stoic fags who thinks that forcing themselves to do every contrary thing is what the philosophy was all about. I'm probably giving you too much credit though.

>being from a lab=bad
There's plenty of stuff that's not from labs that is also bad for you. However, I do hate that everything has to have sugar or be sweetened by other means. I don't want to eat sweet shit all the time.

Diabetic here, studied quite broadly on sweetners not so long ago and found out some useful stuff

Sugar alcohol sweetners are generally unhealthy for various reasons, but primarily because they get more and more toxic the simpler the chains get, in a similar way to how crude oil eventually turns into ether as you remove more from the chains.

There are a few exceptions like aspartame which are as close to good for you as you're going to get.

Xylitol is great, but quite expensive. It's really good for your teeth (helps reverse decay) and tastes quite close to sugar compared to others.

Stevia is great for you when natural, but buying granulated or powdered stevia removes any health benefits and may make it worse for you than nothing at all.

Almost all sweetners are far more sweet than sugar. But we're human, we're adapted to enjoy/taste small amounts of SUGAR rather than sugar alcoholcs or other sweet things. This is because we want to differentiate the sugars in vegetables, fruits and grains and don't care about sugar alcoholcs.

Most people who say this haven't actually had stevia, they've just consumed granulated/powdered products

Most retarded thing in the thread. Chicory root powder is one popular one that immediately springs to mind, but to say there're no safe zero cal sweetners is bananas.

>labs are evil
>wheat is evil
Stop spending so much time reading blogs by people who make money spreading fear and nonsense and start actually reading studies and evidence

I've had it a few times. My girl gets the stevia in the raw brand from whole foods for her coffee and sometimes trys to sneak it into her baking. I can always tell and get irrationally angry. Lol jk, but I really just think it's way too sweet and has that fake sugar taste. We actually grew some last summer and just the raw leaves weren't as bad but still crazy sweet tasting

Overpriced lies! it had so much fad potential i almost fell for it.

Fair. If you boil it down a little it's far more tasty/sugarlike but to each their own

Those are the ones that have been shown to have bad health effects, no thx

stevia is the plant. Steviol glycoside is the sweetener made from plant extracts.

Stevia is my favourite sweetener.
My favourite use is when I'm making carrot cake, I replace half the sugar with stevia (at 1/3rd weight), as it is less sticky so bakes better.

I have 4 spoon in my tea, its like twelve sugars without the guilt and shitty teeth

I don't care for your body, I just want your cocaine.

use a plain liquid extract like this

>A person bakes me a treat
>react with anger
You're that guy, user. Your girl deserves better.