Heart rate zones

Are heart rate zones a Meme?

I just moved to Singapore, and after cycling around the Island my Fitbit is telling me I burnt fat only when I stopped for snacks.

This is correlated with the Calorie counter.

Did I get Suckered onto this whole fitness tracker thing or is it all bullshit as I now suspect.

Other urls found in this thread:

acefitness.org/certifiednewsarticle/888/ace-sponsored-research-validating-the-talk-test-as
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you probably just have a higher max heart then your fitbit thinks you have so it calculates wrong. as long as you stay aerobic you will always burn fat especially if you do long rides like that

fellow singaporean reporting in

Heyyyy Scott's rd & Orchard

I knew I wasn't the only one.

You got suckered into it.

acefitness.org/certifiednewsarticle/888/ace-sponsored-research-validating-the-talk-test-as

out of curiosity, what's your heart rate like out here?

I did this ride today and I'm in a shit state. I routinely do over 100 miles in UK with no ill effects.

where do you guys lift ?

California fitness in that mall across the street. Also had a membership @ Pure

noice, you're an expat ?

Yep, hbu?

yea, finishing my studies then going to europe

Is Singapore livable? Could one start a family there?

it depends, my father was making a pretty good living in my home country before we came. it's true that singapore is pretty expensive, in term of housing and car (holy hell car are expensive)

7 years since i'm here and i still don't own a car. i saw a facebook post about a family wanting to find a house with 3000$ for budget... of course, no way you can survive here with that amount of money. i think if you make some decent money, you could try coming here, and yes it's pretty livable, it's really good to start a family here in term of life condition, school are freaking expensive but really nice, public transport is a+

sorry btw my caps key is broken

Livable if you don't mind 98% humidity 24/7/365. You could; I wouldn't recommend it though.

Singaporean thread nice. Am tampines fag

Nice. Are you at the school of management?

nope.. i had to repeat one year of highschool so i'm here finishing my last year at 18 years old. the level here is tough

Oh you're just a young one. Good luck w ur exams/gains breh

How are white people treated there? How are the women?

This post is a little off track, but from my understanding of how fitbit correlates hr and fatburn/cardio/peak is this: Any hr in the fat-burn zone is suppose to be burning fat. Anything over that hr range you are still burning fat, but you are starting to also work out your heart. Peak is suppose to be your peak heart rate (in which your are burning fat, working your heart and approaching your peak heart rate for your age and weight) In theory you should only reach it a few times during your workout. Based on your snapshot you were actually burning fat for 5 hours and 38 min. (4:24 +1:06 +0:08 =5:38).