What do you do after an accidental binge

Hey guys. Been losing weight pretty steadily the past few months. Last night I fucked up my cut with a burger, alcohol, then yet another burger and some candy while I was drinking.

All in all ~3,300 more than my 1500 calorie diet.

After those kinds of nights (which happen maybe once every two weeks for me), I eat almost nothing (maybe 500 cal) and drink lots of water for two or 3 days, and I wait to weigh myself again till after those reduced-calorie days.

Is that an OK way to deal with an unexpected binge? Is there a healthier way? What do you guys do?

Just keep going as you were supposed to. That's all there is to it.

I don't wanna sound like a fattie but it's okay to reward yourself for cutting once in a WHILE. Hitting 500 is a good way to make the gains you're looking for, but It is probably healthier to just stick to 1500 the next day. That's what I usually do.

Give yourself a cheat meal once every other week, but don't go overboard like you did last night. Don't drop to 500 cal because you fucked up. Just have more self control in the future.

Nothing you can do about it. Just keep going and try not to fk up that bad again. Find some healthy cheat food that will feel good, for me its sushi.

You go back to your program.

Thank you for the replies. I think I'll just plan it out. Once every two weeks, eat maintenance, or 500 over maintenance, but planned out.

>I eat almost nothing (maybe 500 cal)
Don't go below 1200. There is never a reason to go below 1200. And three days is excessive. Drinking a ton of water? Good. Maybe throw in a little more exercise after lifting (something HIIT)? Sure. But go back to the 1500 calories the next day. You're body gonna do fucky things if you starve yourself for three fucking days. The healthiest thing is to get back on the horse and not punish yourself. Be super clean the next few days if you like (eat vegetables and salad all day and with some lean protein and that's it), but don't starve. Your body will do things you don't want it to do if you binge and then not eat for three days (like thinking, "oh long term fat storage is a good idea"). No. Eat your calories, eat clean, and throw in a high intensity aerobic workout after lifting. That's all you gotta do.

Fast for 48 hours. Water and coffee only. You'll make up for the excess calories AND trigger a greater release of natty HGH.

Just keep on trucking along. A splurge day will set you back a day or two in progress, maybe, but it doesn't ruin everything. Just keep your cool and keep going.

Also take some sort of precaution to avoid this in the future. Maybe you're going too low, maybe you need a high-carb day every once in a while, maybe drink more coffee/tea/water and eat lozenges, an apple or whatever helps you with appetite suppression.

Binging and then starving your self to "compensate" sounds just like eating disorder. Going 1000-2000 over your TDEE for a day won't do shit.

big thing is not to make it an excuse to go full potato, like "I had a bad breakfast so I'm calling the day a loss and pigging out" or "I ate bad Friday night, I'll just start back on Monday" and gain like 5 lbs

>accidental binge

Guaranteed you're going to have more of these "accidental binges" and then come crying to us.

Does not matter, it can even be good.

250mg DNP, 120mcg clen, 150mcg T3, 30mg cardarine, 400mg caffeine, 100mg ephedrine everyday for two weeks.

>cheat food after cheating

yes OP, this is obviously the answer

Once you're in decent shape and your body is used to clean eating, once in a while binges like that are handled pretty naturally. You'll also be able to handle hunger better.

If you've ever heard a skinny bitch say, "I'm still full from last night" there's a reason for it. You won't be hungry the next day and you'll shot out a lot of the excess your body doesn't readily absorb.

You can also plan for the occasional feast. Just have a fast day prior to your feast day. So if you have a bday coming up and your friends want to go out, don't eat 24hrs prior to the outing.

Usually going out with friends means drinking. I refuse to believe fasting for 24h prior to drinking is a good idea.

Eat less in the evening?

Do more exercise? I did a huge hike today

>every two weeks on schedule
>unexpected binge

Cheap drunk dude. I do it all the time. But. I'm the kind of guy who eats only once a day. So it's pretty normal for me.

works ok with beer but if I drink hard stuff on an empty stomach, cheap drunk comes with painful stomach cramps/burning/extreme hunger

Beer makes me feel like shit.

Coffee, protein and veg afterwards for about 3 days after then resume regular diet

>Is that an OK way to deal with an unexpected binge? Is there a healthier way? What do you guys do?

Hit some heavy weights. Max out your deadlift, squat, bench or the press. Might as well treat it like a nanobulk.

Don't starve, that's silly. Just continue with your diet as planned.

ok so this shit happens to me but I feel like my face literally gets 3x fatter the day after. I react similarly to you and starve and then hop back on the horse. But should i really be seeing an actual physical difference in my body a day after a binge? I don't know if I'm psyching my self out but it really looks like it each time.

What I mean is, I "cheat" every few weeks. 2 weeks ago I got some Coldstone ice cream, 600 calories worth. But I ate fine the rest of the day.

I used to do a binge-starve cycle for ~3 years before I finally got myself under better control.

My question was more particularly about what to do after a REALLY BAD day of eating. It'll probably happen again at some point, so maybe planning it out, to use an example piece of advice from this thread, would be a good preventative measure.