How to count calories Veeky Forums?

How to count calories Veeky Forums?

What I do is divide my food into neat 1-calorie portions (using a bunch of formulas my friend whos good at maths worked out for me) and then use one of those hand-clicker things as I eat, until I hit my daily calorie limit.

Meals take a while, and I had to buy several thousand dollars of homewares and some laboratory equiptment, but the system works.

Use the MyFitnessPal app to log calories. Purchase a food scale and learn to use it. Learn to accurately read Nutrition Labels.

Math, motherfucker.

is 1% bodyfat possible?

For corpses, yes.

AFAIK Bruce Lee was around 1% bodyfat when he died, but it's not really a safe thing to do.

Not if you want to live.

It'd also be visually the same thing as 3-4%. A certain amount of fat is stored around the organs rather than under the skin.

for example: 150kcal + 150kcal = 300kcal

what about 0% bodyfat?

Ask zyzz

Thanks my dude.

This made me laugh thx m8.

that's adding calories though

complete 1st grade math

>Learn to accurately read Nutrition Labels.

to be clear OP what he means is remember that carbs/protein = 4 cal per 1g and fat = 9 cal per 1g, calculate calories based on macros listed rather than the total calorie amount given to you on the label. FDA is allowed to round up or down . they can do this on macros too, meaning that some of your shit will be a little inaccurate, so just pay attention and make your estimates as accurate as possible knowing that there is a legal 5g/5 cal allowance on rounding.

allow me to correct myself, i don't believe there is an allowance on 5 grams of anything... that would be excessive. but for example a product with 0g fat/prots and 1g carb could be listed as 0 calories even though it's actually 4. additionally, it may actually have 1.5g carbs = 6 cals but have only 1g carb listed, which legally brings us down to "0" again.

This helps a lot thanks for the knowledge bomb man.

>how to count kalories
you don't. you count kilojoule as they are more precise and easier to use

Why does everyone use calories then lmao

Might be a dumb question but what do you mean by /macros/?

Because America runs the world and dominates 4 chan

macronutrients. carbohydrates, proteins, and fats are the only 3 macronutrients (we're not counting alcohol here, it technically counts, but ethanol calories are treated differently by the body) which provide calories. micronutrients are stuff like vitamins and minerals.

macronutrients

also, read the sticky

You'd die

If the aim is to just gain/lose weight you don't need to know exactly the calories of all the small stuff you eat.
Low fat milk and fruit juices are both at around 40-60 calories per glass, so if you want to gain weight just count anything with similar calories as 40 calories per glass instead of memorizing exact numbers for all your food.

Smaller numbers I guess.

underrated

Ahkay sweet as.

Use FatSecret. Obsessively weigh everything using a kitchen food scale the first few weeks, pay attention to how many grams of x is how many calories, how many g or l your glasses and bowls hold. After a while eyeball it or roughly give in the amount of g you think you had to speed things up. After a while you should be able to eyeball your chicken, favourite vegetables, yoghurt, milk, etc.

Yeah that's bullshit.
Lowest bf% ever attained was probably Andreas Munzer,probably around 4 %

Eat the same shit every day

My wife and I are using the "My Fitness Pal" app from Underarmor.

Even has a barcode scanner so you can scan your food for info instead of typing it all manuallly.

This baka 2bh famalam

Choose a meal, have your ingredients prepared so you don't waste time fucking around in the kitchen.

pretty sure I'm around 15% bf and I can't see abs at all. Are my genetics just shit or do I have to actually work the shit out of them

You're not around 15% and/or you haven't trained your abs enough.