What's the ideal oat-to-milk ratio?

i always use water. 1/3 cup oats to 1 cup water.

I cook 2 cups of oats and add a protein shake consisting of one cup milk and one scoop whey

150g oats
2 cups milk

0g oats and 0L milk

Have u tried 1 1/2 scoop of whey isolate and 1 cup oats dude? The vanilla flavor mixed dry then stir in water till its about 1/4th of an inch above the water then microwaved on high for two minutes. Comes out kind of watered down but thickens up nicely over15 min. It's tasty for breakfast mane.

Above the oatmeal sry

One cup of milk to one cup of oat meal. I'm switching to steel cut though because I heard it's healthier I although I do not know why. It takes longer to microwave which I am not a fan of.

For further discussion. What do you guys ass to your oats? I usually ass one scoop of whey and a banana

Yea a banana with whey is good. Gives some good taste to tasteless gruel.

I use 50g oats and 300ml milk. Creamy as i like

1:4

If you have 15 minutes to make your oats, this is a pretty boss way to prepare them:

>Melt a half tablespoon of butter in a saute pan over medium-high heat
>Add 1/4 cup steel cut oats, toast in said butter
>Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon if desired
>After oats are toasted, add 3/4 cup water to the pan
>Bring gruel to a boil for ~45 seconds, reduce heat to low-medium
>Simmer until oats soften to desired tenderness
>Add a pinch of salt and a quarter cup of milk
>Serve with butter/cream/maple-syrup/brown-sugar/berries/banana/peanut-butter/etc./any and all of the above.

0:0

>when you put the oats in the microwave for too long and it explodes and you gotta clear the mess up

150g oats
350ml milk

blend this two motherfuckers and drink this shake like a fucking cold beer

Happens to me at least once a week.

It's weird, especially when you have the same amounts and time when you do it.

It's the worst when you try a new type of oats and they have different microwave times. Fucks me up everytim

1:5.

How much is one cup (250ml) of oats?

checked

/thread

cup of oats, half cup water, half cup milk. if you do it different you're a faggot

w/e you want it to be bby

Eat them dry you huge idiot

Your answer is tecnically wrong, since OP asked for a ratio and 0/0 is a forbidden operation.

No milk. Just water, salt, cod heads and cod livers in my oats pls. Traditional Scottish porridge.

I boil 2 cups of water and add half cup of oats when water is boiling, cook for 15 minutes on small fire with lid at slight angle so that it doesn't become messy. Then I drain the remaining water and add cold milk and cottage cheese because I don't want hot temperature to take the proteins from my food.

Mash the shit out of the banana, like banana puree. With some whey and cinnamon it legitimately tastes like dessert.

Gallon of milk, no oats

I recently learnt about how my gf makes oats so amazingly.

Similar to this she does oats, water & milk on a 1:1:1 ratio. (Or 2:1 liquid to oats as per yours)

Whereas mine was just milk & oats, too runny? Add oats! Too thick? Add milk!