Hey, Veeky Forums

Hey, Veeky Forums.

Today my fiancee pointed out my hair was turning white around my ears. I hadn't noticed this before and apparently it had just begun.

Besides that, I'm fine but does anyone know about hair whitening? It's not gray and not thinning, shedding, or diffusing so no issues there yet.

I'm just worried I'll lose my golden locks and go literally white. I talk about who is/what is the racial concept or class of white quite often so this only adds an ironic scoop to some people that know me.

I'm a Nordid with Dalofaelid width.

I'll give you hair maintenance and balding advice if you need it btw.

Thanks, Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15863844
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3964684/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9669136
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sometimes hair goes white instead of grey. this happens to gingers.

I'm blond and only in my early 20s.

I'm just wondering now if it can be aesthetic or anyone has experience with going white.

If you wear it with dignity, it will look dignified. If you fuss and fret over it, you will look like a dipshit. I wouldn't think about it at all, myself, since I don't fancy looking like a dipshit.

i have had a white spot on my head since i was 12. it's quite noticible.

andersoon cooper was fully white at like 35? he looks normal.

having a pure white head as a young man isnt very common. i doubt you'd find anyone who is like there here

give me balding advice

Buzz head grow beard if possible

Thanks, guys.

OP here, what is your Norwood stage? Is your hair diffusing? What's your race? Family history of balding/baldness? Age? Do you want to regrow or maintain and build fullness?

Dad has jet jet jet insanely black hair
Is 60 today, it's all black

It's been happening to me too.
My mom and brother both went grey very early (like around age 16) but they went from their crown down. I'm about 25 and fairly light grey to white at my temples, at my forehead, and back from there. It started when I was about 19 and now there's a fair bit in there. It's fine, it doesn't look bad.
My default hair colour is I suppose chestnut brown.

>not thinning, shedding, or diffusing so no issues there yet.
nigga you'll be fine, silver hair is effay as fuck

Most alpha dude I know went pure white at age 18. Just rock it man.

My broker's wife went pure white when she was in her twenties. People thought her daughter was her granddaughter. Apparently it's really rough to be a chick and go white young. Guys definitely can pull it off though.

I'm 21, been considering adding touch of grey to add a look of seniority in job interviews

Norwood stage 1, cant tell if diffusing or not. Probably not yet.

White (Anglo).

Father was about norwood 2-3 by 30, as were all his brothers. Now, at 56, he has receded temples and a bald crown but still a bit of hair left on his head.

Not sure WHEN the other side of the family went bald as they're all old as fuck but they are all also bald.

I'm 21.

I want to maintain.

>I want to maintain.

This next question determines what I prescribe you - are you on steroids (test or a DHT-based steroid)?

Nope, no steroids. Don't say fin and minox.

Thanks, senpaitachi.

I'm getting more confident I can just rock the look. I've been looking it up and white seems to fit on blond skulls anyway so I might be set.

Oddly enough, my mother had black hair with about 1/3 silver her entire life. Hard-faced Nordid woman with silver on the back.

What's your hair colour?

What's your issue with Fin and Minox?

Since you're not doing steroids I was just going to say, 'Big 3!' because I can't see you.

Fin (Proscar), Minoxidil (Foam or Shampoo - personal preference, just keep it 5%), and Norizal (Ketoconazole) with maybe a nice rinsing shampoo to prep.

I would recommend an AI if your issue is some form of androgenic dermatitis ruining the edges.

I'm 22 and starting to go grey behind my temples. And I DON'T have a fiancé. A girl told me the grey fox look is hot though, so :/

I'd rather not go down that road, partly because I don't think the risk of side effects is worth it and partly because it's too expensive.

I am already doing Nizoral.

What's an AI?

I'm going to do it, man! Best of luck to you!

>I'd rather not go down that road, partle because I don't think the risk of side effects is worth it and partly because it's too expensive

The side effect risk is present in studies in 1,2% of people. The placebo group in the same study (n=8.820 btw) was 0,9% had side effects.

For most of the people involved side effects subsided after 3 months. For most of those that continued they subsided after another 3 months.

Only 7 people elected to stop usage due to side effects and only 3 of them were related to sexual health, which is what I am assuming if your source of apprehension.

What I'm going to recommend is trying it. Just try it and see if you like it. For the vast majority of the very few people that got side effects they do subside after 3 months. If they don't you can fix all of them with treatment under a doctor (or using some advice I compiled a while ago. If you want to message me at any time to get it, I'm the top moderator on /r/dnp on reddit)

When it comes to expense I have a way of cutting your cost for you. Assuming you're in the US, just ask for generic proscar and cut the 5mg tablets into fourths and take 1,25mg every day. It costs 6 USD on average for an insured American and most plans cover it and it's far cheaper than taking propecia/finpecia/etc. and it's the SAME product.

If you still can't afford it you can run generics and get your GP to watch your blood work to see if the drugs match the desired effect and your LFTs don't get too high.

An AI is an aromatase inhibitor which actively stops DHT conversion and the aromatization process that creates the hormonal root of the problem (and can cause excessive sebum production, senpai).

Best of luck!

My mom told me never take hair maintenance advice from a man who's hair is whitening

My mom turned full white at around 30

I can't wait for it to happen because I really like how snow-white hair looks and think it would fit me well

Your mother is a whore.

Your hair is losing its colour due to a lack of anti oxidants causing hydrogen peroxide accumulation in your hairs' melanocytes.

A better diet and exercise before you got to this point would've helped, although its probably too late to do any good now.

>I'm the top moderator on /r/dnp on reddit

Into the TRASH it GOES.

>Dalofaelid width
>google it
>pic related

ffs

What.

I'm /pol/

Apricity Forums.

Is regrowth possible without minoxidil, and only fin?

Fin stops loss. Most people described up to 20% regrowth, but it won't be extremely significant without the minox.

I'm not close to going bald yet, but I know I will for certain and my dad went bald pretty young

what kind of preventative measures can I do to prevent hair loss?

I wish I had pure white/silver hair naturally, anderson cooper looks awesome with it

Finasteride is a good preventative measure along with Nizoral and Minoxidil.

what are the side effects? when should I start taking them?

You have a 1,2% chance of your dick not working but this corrects itself in 70% of cases within 3 months. If you're in the ,4% who still have problems it corrects itself in 3 months in 75% of these cases. If you're the unlucky one after six months... Go bald.

You can start immediately.

Not the guy your're replying to, but I'd like some advice too. Im currently 22, have relatively thick, coarse hair and my father, grandfathers and all my uncles still have hair and are not balding.

However, up until about 18 or 19 I had a pretty straight/square hairline, since then it's been receding in the corners and I now have a pretty obvious peak. Can I expect this to stop sometime soon? Or is this a sign of balding? I was hoping I was in the clear because all the males in my family have hair. I'm of Norweigian/Northern European descent.

Thanks OP

alright thanks for the info

I dont like any gamble with the wellbeing of my dick though

If your hairline recedes you have MPB. You can't have a permanent fix (yet) but you can stop it from receding with finasteride (Dutasteride if you're on cycle), Nizoral, and Minoxidil.

To regenerate lost hair you need to do the SwissTemples SETI method.

Sadly, once it's started its not going to end.

What about using only ketoconazole?

I'm almost 25yo and between 2 and 2a on the norwood stage. Mainly interested because I can get ketoconazole shampoo over the counter rather than prescribed minoxidil or finasteride.

Thanks in advance.

that's called a mature hair line. lots of dudes have it. i've had it since i was 12 and it hasnt changed since

Ketoconazole is significant and it's part of the, 'Big 3,' of hair loss prevention to be taken WITH both finasteride and minoxidil.

This meme is untrue. Once you approach a higher Norwood number you have started hair loss and it will continue at some point.

Right, so Ketoconazole by itself will have little to no effect, then?

No by itself it works fine

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15863844

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3964684/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9669136

It will have an effect but it won't be significant in the long-term because it simply helps with the problem but doesn't stop it.

DHT is the problem in the end.

My grandpa went gray at 20 something and I have his hair genes so I'm thinking the same will happen to me. Honestly it could look really cool. Look up lucky b smith. He is a super famous model and got voted one of the most stylish men of 2016 by GQ. He has white hair

I have seborrhea and my hair is shedding like a motherfucker, but no receding hairline.

WHAT TO DO SENPAI?

Noice. I'm going to be okay with it.

Shedding leads to recession of the hairline and thinning of the hair on the scalp. You need to get on top of it and treat this.

Jump on Finasteride (Dutasteride if you're on test), starting using Nizoral shampoo 3x a week (normal shampoo for the rest and before applying it), and start using minox 2x daily.