Got a question for my fitbros out there. Do any of you get excessively sore from doing squats? I can do leg press...

> Got a question for my fitbros out there. Do any of you get excessively sore from doing squats? I can do leg press, lunges, and leg ext all day with no problems. I'll get an insane pump and be a little sore the next day, but that's it.
>However, when I do 5 sets of squats, I don't get any pump, but two days later, I'll be damn near crippled.
>I'm not complaining at all, I feel like my legs get visibly bigger after each workout, but I'm surprised at how one exercise can make me so sore when the others don't.

Anybody else have this same experience?

>inb4 no, it isn't sore knees, it's 100% my quads.

Have you ever done more than 5 reps in a set of squats? 8+?

Make sure you're squatting 2 or 3 times a week to not have doms all the time

Youll get rooted every time if you only squat once in a while

Training regularly enough makes the doms go away

Also, all you need is squats and diddlys baby woo

I squat 2x a week and don't get doms anymore. Kinda miss them tbqh.

rough rule of thumb, if you're getting DOMs often you're probably doing one of the following:-

- not training regularly enough
- too heavy with poor form
- not eating enough
- not progressively overloading in any sane way

Yeah, I have cycled between 5,6, or 8 sets in a workout. I've even done crazy workouts with 15 sets.

I'm currently working each body part once a week due to time constraints. I will try twice a week once the summer starts.

I train 5 days a week
form is more important than weight in my book. I don't feel the need to show off
You'd be impressed with my diet.
I'm definitely not overloading, if anything, I could add some more weight and be fine. But, I like to make sure my form is perfect.

Once again, it's the only exercise that leaves me super sore. Deadlifts, bench, pull-ups, and leg press all rock my world. Yet, they don't leave me crippled like squats.

Have you ever thought about doing less sets?
Are you sure you even need that much volume to progress?
What are your working weights atm?

Yeah, I've done 3 sets and it still leaves me waddling.
I'm doing 225 for 8-10.
I leg press 400-450 range for 8.
I weigh 210.
Once again, weight isn't important, form is.
I'm getting my ass to my ankles. My knees feel great, and never hurt the next day.

>
>I train 5 days a week

you're probably not squatting frequently enough. i squat 3 to 4 times per week and never suffer DOMs.

you squat 3 -4 times a week?
You seeing any growth in your quads from that frequency?

I squat 3x a week also
>tuesday heavy 3x5
>hursday light sets of 10, maybe FS
>saturday ramp up to triples
pretty fun way to break prs in different way. I could probably still benefit from linear progression but idgaf

>doing an assload of sets
>on a bodypart split
>5 times a week
>time constraints

That makes no sense whatsoever. Why not train full body or upper/lower? Both will eat less time and the higher frequency will leave you less sore.

the only thing that leaves me sore is squats. Other exercises don't do shit to me. That's what the question is, does anybody else have just one exercise that ruins you?
5 sets of squats is an ass load? Since when? Read the posts entirely.

that sounds like a decent split to try for a few weeks. It might even add some definition. It'll at least shock my legs in a way they haven't seen in a few years.

mixing volume and intensity is a great way to gain strength and muscle. Works awesome for upper body compound lifts too.

>5 sets of squats is an ass load?

Well yes, it actually is, even 5x5 is already high volume for squats

stopped reading after you said yes.
I don't workout at Planet Fitness, sorry.

Could you elaborate a little? I want to squat every day of PPL (doing it 3 days a week though, not 6). I do 3x5 2pl8.

Go ahead then, the fact that 2pl8 squats leave you "damn near crippled" should make you realize that you're doing something wrong, though

Added volume training and now my legs get sore again. First day after, quads are sore. Second day, hams are sore

does a bodybuilding split require heavy lifting?

Thats why I only do half squats for no more than 2 reps of 1 set

Fucking moron

Hope that works for you :3