What is the hardest lift to achieve out of 1/2/3/4 and why is it 3 pl8 squat?

What is the hardest lift to achieve out of 1/2/3/4 and why is it 3 pl8 squat?

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/7urf9t20hw3n8ce/perfect_symmetry.xlsx?dl=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tbh squat and ohp are my best lifts in regards of 1/2/3/4
Im at 125 for ohp and 265 for squat

It isn't.
2plate bench for working sets took me the longest

All those are fairly easy to achieve

They don't require any specific program or even a good diet. You literally need the patience to lift for 1 year MAX

it isnt because i actually got it first
then bench
waiting on OHP and deadlift...

Deadlift and OHP always feel attainable to me. It's when I start imagining putting that weight on my shoulders or balance it over my chest that I get really blocked, psychologically. Like what the fuck, this weight that I was struggling to deadlift, on my shoulders? Do you know?

Lifting one year here and i'm kind of close to 1/2/3/4 as 1RM but i would have to go on an epic bulk to have them as working sets anytime soon.

>155lb ohp 3x5
>245lb bp 3x5
>315lb bs 3x5
>340lb dl 2x5

Why deadlift, WHY!

>OHP: 90lbs x 5
>bench: 160lbs x 5
>squat: 205lbs x 5
>diddly: 265lbs x 5

Just sen my shit up fuckpai lmao

Checked symmetric strength this morning and OHP is at -15%

3 plate squat is the easiest one.

No it isn't, pushing yourself on squats is tough. Bench and OHP are pretty easy to train a lot.

No, 3pl8 squat is the easiest one. Nothing progresses quite like the squat.

TFW beyond 1/2/3/4 and still look like shit

M-maybe once those weights are my working sets I will look good

Depends on your anatomy and how well you are doing the lift since in last 2 years of liftan majority of people don't squat deep or even to parallel.

How big are you lad? 1/2/3/4 for 1 rm is not that effective for your physique however once you start doing 1/2/3/4 for reps you will notice a difference for me my chest only start exploding once I hit the 90 kg range for 5x5.

FUCKING CHECKED

I am 200lbs, 5'10, currently cutting. I don't look fat but I'm not definitely not lean. Pic is my "training max" which is about 90% of my real max (doing 5/3/1 BBB)

I achieved 2pl8 bench and 3pl8 squat before I even turned 16. And then when I turned 16 I stopped lifting for 3 years. Literally retarded. I wish I could go back in time and tell my younger self not to be such a dipshit.

>5'10
>200 lbs
Well that's why you're not looking lean man, especially as a beginner intermediate. Just keep up with the cut and honestly diet (Cut out all sugars except for fruit) is the biggest thing i've noticed that helped with getting rid of the puffiness and lower abdomen fat.
I think you're on the right track though just need to lose bit more weight and maintain.

My goal is to be 170lbs and squatting and deadlifting 70 more lbs, benching and pressing 30-40 more lbs, by next year. I'm on track, losing 1lb/week and increasing my max by 5/10lbs a month. Hopefully I don't stall.

>tfw I'm at 1/1/1/1

I've basically accepted that my OHP will never progress

You could be more genetically gifted than me but I really doubt that you can achieve that goal for upper body especially for bench since it suffers so much when cutting, I could definitely see some squat and DL gains (Had a friend lose 20 lbs and advance his DL by 30 lbs) however at 170 or reaching to it you're gonna start stalling.

>110x3 OHP
>155x3 bench
>265x5 squat
>335x3 deads

J U S T
U
S
T

2 plate bench was always hardest for me
>start lifting
>hit 1 plate OHP, then 4 plate dead, then 3 plate squat, 2 plate bench comes much later, relatively speaking
>quit lifting
>start lifting again
>1 plate OHP, then 3 plate squat, then 4 plate dead, 2 plate bench still takes much more time to hit
Wingspan 5" longer than height is my excuse

Post squat and dead form checks
Your routine is probably also holding you back

I struggle to understand how one can bench 225 lb but not press 135 lb overhead

You're weak in every lift, stop caring about proportion of lifts and just get stronger

>I only do half squats

Maybe. I can live with smaller gains. I used to be making double to triple the strength gains I'm making now before I started cutting. I was at 170 last year and had visible, but not very pronounced abs. I'm hoping I gained 10-15lbs of muscle and will be lean enough at 170 to have pronounced abs.

I've hit 1pl8 OHP for one rep but I'm not even close to 2/3/4.

Quints god

The hardest lift is whatever one you have to jump 20kg minimum on to progress.

>Used to be in a good gym, carpets old and the equipment had clocked up miles but was otherwise solid and functional
>Make 4/3/2/1 Dl/Sq/Bn/Ohp
>Start working towards new plate targets
>At .5 / .75 plates for each lift
>Gym refurbishes
>Gym is specifically targeting female audience
>Everything redone, more cardio treadmills and cable stations than the lands of Killgainsia
>Now only has 20kg + 10kg Plates and a vibrating plate machine that jiggles you fat free apparently
>Raise issue with Gym Receptionists + Filling suggestion box
>Told straight up that it was to simplify things for new customers
>Every so often you see a 1.25 plate, by itself on the racks / trees. It's a different brand to the new ones every time and you never see it again.
>Now I just steal them

Go to a different gym
Bring your own plates

>135/60 OHP x 1
>175/80 Bench x 3
>215/100 Squat x3
>365/165 DL x 1
I know my squat is worse, but people tend to rag on my shitty bench more than anything ,what do I need to fix first?

dropbox.com/s/7urf9t20hw3n8ce/perfect_symmetry.xlsx?dl=0
3 plate squat are eqal to a 110 kg bench press

Are you me?

>tfw my 5RM squat is, at most, only 15 kilos heavier than my 5RM bench

life is suffering. I'm fine with such a poverty bench (not even bw) but I don't want to focus on my bench too much either and end up becoming stronger on bench than squats.

Doing 5/3/1? I have the Same app.

Only with good genetics.

Bench is hardest for me. Ohp, squat and deads are cake compsred to my garbage bench.

>thought id feel strong at 1 2 3 4
>currently at 190/300/375/460 still feel week
>i-it will end at 2 3 4 5 right

It'll end when you get self esteem.

Im a manlet tho

If it's the three plate squat for you I assume you're going into lifting from a skelly with no sports background. Fatties I know who get into lifting always have relatively strong legs. I went into lifting after decades of hockey and hit a three plate squat after 6 months lifting.

similar story here, 130/195/275/325 5RM

Stable self esteem isn't built on innate/born characteristics like height. It's based on a fundamental belief in the worthiness of your efforts. Don't base your worth on the approval of others--not men, not women, not your parents.

See a therapist.

This is good!

Sounds like copypasta

>see a therapist
Fuck off beta

Stable self esteem isn't built on innate/born characteristics like height. It's based on a fundamental belief in the worthiness of your efforts. Don't base your worth on the approval of others--not men, not women, not your parents.

See a therapist.

I'm serious, if some guy who's close to 2/3/4/5 is still filled with worry about his strength he has issues he needs to work out. Seeing a therapist isn't beta, an alpha has a stable mental state and therapy is the way to get there.

155lbs OHP
265lbs BP
N/A
N/A
lmaooo

Get a load of this guy . jpg

For me the bench is the hardest. I got to 3 plate squat first, then I got to 1 plate OHP. Now I'm at 365 dead and 215 bench. So close, brehs. Wonder which I'll get first, the 4 plate diddly or 2 plate bench....

I hit 4pl8 deadlift first within like a few months but I just focused all my time on that one lift. I hit 1pl8 ohp really quickly as well. I just hit 3pl8 squat and I still cant bench 2pl8. Id like to blame my 6'10 wingspan but I'm just being a bitch. Less then a year or strength training. Wasted a year doing machines and just losing way too much weight

OHP
bench
squat
dl

How close am I to making it Veeky Forums?

My hardest was the deadlift because i was a bitch. Now i am almost at a 5 plate deadloft, and my bench is only at 275, ohp at 185, and squat still at just over 3 plate for reps. Squats used to be my favorite, but i just cant seem to get over the mental hurtle of all that weight sitting on my shoulders while i proceed to have the least stabiloty possible.

>probably going to hit 5pl8 squat soon unless injury
>still not even close to 2pl8 ohp
whats wrong with me

Because failing on bench and squat without a spotter is a lot scarier then failing a dead or ohp.

Exactly. All i see are fags doing quarter rom. When i see it i quietly, and unassumingly, decide that today is leg day. I then proceed to do the same weight as them, ass to grass. I dont look at them or say anything, and i just hope they get the clue.

what are safeties?

you're p.tops

have a good day :)

>hardest is 3 pl8 squat

Maybe if you're a manlet.

>4pl8 DL 5 months ago
>3pl8 squat 4 months ago
>2pl8 bench 4 months ago
>no 1pl8 OHP yet
Why?

Most people are just using a regular bench outside of a power rack and have no idea about the roll of shame. Also I know a lot of people really uncomfortable failing squats. We are talking about beginner lifters here. Not advanced

this desu senpai. I hit everything else for reps long before 2pl8 for reps

>always the big 4
>no one gives a fuck about them pendlays
why bother senpai

Not till 4 5 6 7.
I am almost to 2 3 4 5, and i am usually the strongest dude in the gym, but sometimes i see someone stronger, and it pisses me off. Not because i resent them, but because i know i have to work even harder.

probably shit form

I know a girl who can:

squat 155kg
deadlift 132kg
bench 55kg

I'm not making this shit up. How is that even possible, I don't know.

Right? I can 1rm a 5pl8 dead and I see some dude triple it and it pisses me off. I wanna do that.

>155lb ohp x 2
>185lb bp x 1
>385lb bs x 1
>395lb dl x 1

>Tfw my bench is so shit that my ohp is actually catching up to it

>no squat or dead

lol you weak as shit son

most people should have read ss.

This is Veeky Forums. That would make too much sense.

Ohp 135x4
Bench 225x2
Squat >270x2
DL 335x3

I did 1pl8 ohp my first day on the gym. Genetics i guess. 3pl8 squat is going to be hardest for me cos my lower back hurts for the past week and i havent been training it.

The strength disparity between males and females is largely because of the upper body, lower body is pretty similar. You can see natty girls with big legs, but only roiding girls will have big upper bodies.

>155lb ohp x 2
>185lb bp x 1

I bet you need to fix your BP form.

Not really sure what you're asking, but ohp will always be the lowest numerical mass you'll lift.
Unless you lost your legs tho

For me it's the 3pl8 squat but that's because I listened to Veeky Forums and thought squats were a meme for a long time.

I was benching 260lbs and squatting 220lbs for a while... finally catching up though, squat is up to 300 after putting a lot more focus there.

On the bright side, you can only go up. :)

It took me under 6 months to squat 315, and I started with the bar, do you guys even eat?

>3pl8 squat is hard
>not starting with SS

Exactly how many times per week do people vomit at the sight of your fat

never you fucking faggot

I'm confused. Google says a plate is standard 20.4kg. So you're saying 1/2/3/4 is aiming for 20kg/40kg/60kg/80kg? Seems low

Could someone honestly answer if 1/2/3/4 is supposed to be for reps?

How can you OHP 60 but only DL 60?

That feel when
1/2.5/4/3

What is wrong with me senpai?

1/2/3/4 = 60kg/100kg/140kg/180kg = 135lbs/225lbs/315lbs/405lbs

that was a troll post you dumb fucking nigger

kys

Plates on each side, you dingus

holy shit, another dumb cunt that fell for an obvious troll post

Why is Veeky Forums full of lying niggers?... i have rarely seen anyone squat 3 plates or more unless theyre fat powerlifters...

Ok i take it back.

>Why is Veeky Forums full of lying niggers?.
More like full of DYELs

Thanks! Appreciated

Wasn't a troll post, new to lifting.

>tfw 0.75/1.2/1.75/2.1
Can I make it?

then you are a fucking retard for not understanding the most obvious shit ever

If you're rowing 90 and only diddlylifting 114, chances are you don't have super duper lats and traps, you're just doing retatd-tier swinging-half-upright-sperglord rows

dat 6 axis accelesquatomer

What is this exercise called?

Probably squat depth desu senpai