Leg extensions

I started doing leg extensions 80kgs/10-15 reps are they any good?

I heard they fuck your knees up.
What do you need them for anyway?

i myself am very conflicted on them. they burn like hell and i get sore when i do them but something in my head just tells me they don't work.

Woah that's why I did feel a little pain in my knees I am doing it too build quads for cycling

when will they learn

This. Leg extensions are very bad for your knees in the long run. I avoid doing them entirely.

i avoided them for years but started doing them not too long ago noticed my quad definition became better

Damn that's pretty shitty thing to go though

I think if you do them with lesser weight like 20-50kg and more reps will it be working? Or it isn't worth it

I definitely noticed the quads were a bit more tight

The motion itself works against your knees. I'm making enough progress doing squats / leg press that I don't see the need to risk it.

>80 kgs

Goodbye knees

Newfag here you wot m8?

Why not just cycle at high intensity?

That should really build some muscle for cycling.

Bill Starr used to recommend doing them after your workout with low weight high reps to get blood to your legs, that's kind of their best use

Underrated post

That's what I'm trying currently building the leg muscles for cycling as I get tired after riding 7-8kms

This sounds a good Idea I'll definitely try this!

Well fuck.

Lol, cycle more.
I ride 20km a day minimum for commuting.
If your legs hurt, you are spinning to slow, shift to a lower gear.
If your out of breath, you are spinnign to fast, shift to higher gear.
You will develop speed and endurance as you go on.

Shall I replace leg extensions with leg press?

So, if I understand correctly, you're trying to be a better cyclist... By doing leg curls? Not interval training, hill climbing, base building (long rides with low pulse) or anything else.

Sorry for that! English isn't my first language yes do those things too but I'm doing leg extensions and stuff for more improvement

Holy cow 20kms that's great I'll try out the gearing tips screencaped it

You want to try and keep a rpm of 80-100

If you can feel it, it works.

Why in the flying fuck would you stress your knees this much. Find a fucking barbell and some weights and do diddlies.

I do the barbell squats not sure what's it called but I can't lift much weight while doing it

Okay I'll try to keep a average rpm of 82

I'm really not sure about this a lot of anons are saying about the knees getting fucked

>Just smash my knees up f a m

Is it really going to fuck your knees up if you do it at 20lbs?