ZMA

Is it legit or just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4_uinsxJWj8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not sure about ZMA, specifically, but zinc is confirmed for helping improve test production.

My biggest curiosity about it is not that it won't work, but that it'll work so minutely that it ain't worth it.

I know it's meant to be combined with working out, at least.

I get crazy dreams and really good sleep when i take zma regularly, but i started getting sleep paralysis alot so i cut back. Shits good tho

I think it's one of the more legit supplements for athletes because it's bundled what are probably the top three micronutrients that men in training benefit from taking, and put them in a very bioavalailable package.

Whether you're short on zinc, magnesium or B12 is up to you to decide.

ZMA is good because most people don't get enough magnesium. Zinc is also hard to get enough of if you do a lot of cardio. B6 is a meme

Gave me diarrhea. Every morning I woke up with my ass exploding. Something about the magnesium compound was wrong I think.

It's supposed to make a significant increase if you're deficient in zinc from your normal requirements.

Fuck. Sleep paralysis sucks. I've had it 3 times in my life and freaked me the fuck out each time

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm short on it.

I have bad depression, and I'm looking at natural solutions for it, and I know raising test helps improve the mood and energy. Also considering St. John's wort for it as well.

Don't fap either.

I depression so bad at times my senses are blocked and I am tense all day. Fucks my gains up.

Given how the world is, I struggle to behave freely like I did..

>Don't fap
Pretty sure this is just Victorian era hooey.

/thread (except for the sleep paralysis part, I haven't experienced that)

Do you feel better in general? Get gains more effectively?

I dont know
waking up feeling refreshed is pretty nice though
no pill you take will improve your life drastically

Started taking it while training for a triathlon, didn't notice it much at first. About 2 weeks into it, I noticed my hunger had gone down and my workouts were more intense...not sure if this had anything to do with it, but I definitely felt a boost, and feel kinda like shit when I don't take it.

ZMA is one of those supplements that's kinda polarizing, and I think you need to try for yourself.

Personally, it helps me sleep better, and gives me crazy dreams. For some people, it does literally nothing.

>retaining chi is Victorian era hooey

If your low on zinc or magnesium they are great if not then bit pointless also you're better off taking seperate zinc and magnesium tablets as can get the more bio available amino forms over aspatate which most combined product are

Thanks guys.

Don't eat anything that's high in calcium an hour before taking ZMA. That's your problem

I have a bottle and I'm scared to take it because of this

Anyone else get calf cramps from this?

youtu.be/4_uinsxJWj8

It wasn't doing anything for me in any way. I still have half a bottle and a full one. Fuck do I wish it made me sleepy.

Actually, calcium, magnesium, zinc, and a couple of other minerals are all absorbed via the same mechanism. That part of the broscience myth is correct.
What people miss is that a health weight, full grown man (so approximately 170-200 pounds) can absorb about 1600mg total of those minerals simultaneously, uninterrupted. If you exceed that threshold, you may have problems, but unless you're eating some really strange meals or taking a ton of mineral supplements, a little calcium along with your zinc or magnesium really isn't a problem.

I'm taking a multivitamin, is there any reason I should switch to ZMA instead?

Copper deficit. The zinc causes it. Just take magnesium

ZMA isn't a complete multivitamin.

From what I have read zinc is important yes but having a surplus wont make more test, if you are deficient in zinc test will be lowered.