Getting Veeky Forums-academic

I'm an intelligent chap, I may as well learn about the relevant bits of anatomy and biochemistry that will allow me to work Veeky Forums related stuff out for myself rather than listening to you morons.

Any good books/resources to start with?

Go to university

if you were intelligent you wouldn't have needed to make this thread

>doesn't wanna listen to our shit
>asks for fucking book recommendations

OP I think you may be retarded

Yeah, it's called Google dipshit.

>insulting someone before begging for help

You're a different kind of moron all together.

Starting Strength, Third Edition by Rippetoe

If you feel the need to announce your supposed intelligence, chances are that you aren't as smart as you think you are.

What makes you believe that a board about fitness doesn't have a sticky with the relevant parts of anatomy and biochemistry?

Do you think we just put pictures of Zyzz in it?

Kek. Stop memeing on the poor guy

Strength training anatomy by Frederic Delavier is great.

Also, read the sticky

>I'm an intelligent chap
>can't read the sticky

Lol way to trigger the Veeky Forumstards OP

I recommend Campbell's Biology

that honestly sounds pretty dumb. How much knowledge do you think you really need from some bio book in order to lift?
I guess there's macronutrients, protein synthesis (and what inhibits it), insulin and the such, but most of it won't be relevant to lifting.
also

>intelligent
>Veeky Forums

pick one.

High school anatomy and physiology x 1

I don't like the way you type, it sounds like you are trying to make yourself sound smarter than you actually are

>a bunch of useless, pathetic replies from a bunch of pathetic, useless morons
You weren't even able to point a single academic resource.
>campbell's biology
>high school anatomy
>Rippetoe
Ah. Not a single starting pointing point, besides memes.
There's a plethora of good pdfs in one of the most contibuted 7chan's stickies, and on reddit, and whatnot. The problem with them is that those invariably start from the villain's POV. It seems that lifting heavy objects for the purpose of putting them down is a discipline for retards only, and you aren't really contributing to change that fame.

> Calling self a "chap"
> Being this much of fedora-tipping pseudointellectual

Please tell me that you're just a teenager going through a phase. Trust me dude, speaking like Charles Dickens does not make you sound as smart as you think it does.

I'm guessing OP is a highschooler with almost no friends that got told he was "gifted" a whole lot by his mom, who now reconciles his complete social failure by feeding a delusional superiority complex that he maintains by doing entry-level study in stereotypically "smart" subjects and throwing in random old-timey British words into his vocabulary, all while remaining completely oblivious to how fucking stupid he looks to everyone, and how entirely mediocre he is in every single way.

Source: My high-school was flooded with faggots like OP.

Never ever tell kids they are smart, tell them they did good

t.high iq under achiever

If you want to get fit you should learn the basics of technique and nutrition first. These are more fundamentally applicable to your training than is understanding of theory. Study anatomy and biochemistry after you learned about technique and diet, and you'll be able to use it better once you understand the principles in action. To think you can do it the other way around is very naive.

What's wrong with Campbell Biology?

Yeah, otherwise they end up as faggots with massive superiority complexes and no real intellectual achievements. I love watching tools like OP crash and burn in undergrad.

Source: I'm a graduate instructor that teaches lab in a state university. There are tons of idiot freshmen like OP in my PHYS 151 lab that are drawn toward engineering majors because they feed their superiority complexes like no other major can. I can always tell them apart because they refer to themselves as "engineers" despite being unqualified undergrads taking lower-division classes that they haven't even passed yet. Every time one of those idiots fails I go home and rub one out.