What's Veeky Forumss experience with fat people at the gym?

What's Veeky Forumss experience with fat people at the gym?

How do you feel?

They're gross and I usually laugh and encourage others to do the same.

the average fatty rest time lies between 4-5 minutes of rest between sets.

They do 2 exercises and then they leave or stay in the massaging chair for half an hour.

The fatty in my gym spends like 2 hours in there with half the time being arms, and curls in the power rack.

>home gym masterace

They're only there briefly, then I never see them again.

>I workout at planet fitness, the post

Many of them do cardio, fewer of them touch weights, fewer still do both.

I leave them alone and they leave me alone. No particular experience with any of them.

that kitchen looks pretty cozy

8/10

No one gives a fuck

Stop being self conscious OP

Stop

I think "good for them" and stay focused on my workout. Crazy, right?

>see you in a week and then probably never again

I think it's good that they're in the gym and not at home eating a bag of crisps

This, they're actively trying to not be fatties, don't be a douche

i judge them as pathetic losers if they STOP showing up

there are no fat people at my gym

I'm one of those fatties so if I'm feeling insecure I'll be glad there's someone else there going through what I am. If I'm feeling good, they're just another person getting shit done.

I will say, theres a rare type that goes and tries to make a big deal about being at a gym just for the attention. I cant stand those people but they do help motivate me to stay on track.

>I see what you did there...

Former fatty here so idk

I've only seen maybe 2 or 3 fatties at my gym ever. Im glad they're there even if their work out isnt super efficient. Its kinda sad we don't see more fatties working out.

There is this one fatty that came to the gym every single day for the past year. He probably weighed 350lbs. I assumed he was going to give up like every other fatty that came in, but every day I would see him working out hard. The dude would be drenched in sweat every time and was super efficient with his workouts. Its been a year and he has easily lost 100lbs. We spot each other from time to time and have become good gym bros. Hes definitely going to make it.

>go to a top 10 school
>literally no fat people in my gym
>only stupid people are fat

Makes sense.

same here. What school do you go to?

I've never known an intelligent person to go past tubby, I've met bright people with guts but never planets. Also I'd like to remind you that a good goddamn chunck of people in every school, even the best, are borderline retards.

SCHOOL OF HARD KNOCKS MOTHERFUCKER

When I see a fatty or a skelly at the gym at first I'm happy, I like to see it, I offer assistance or encouragement if they look lost or confused or self-conscious.
When I see a fatty or a skelly at the gym a while later, if they haven't made progress I ignore them. I know they're just going through the motions, they're not really putting any work in, and that's why there's no change. If they stick around and continue to make no progress I can get pretty savage with them, gym bullying them, taking equipment they're using, knocking over their water bottles, telling them to "stop standing the fuck in everybody's way", stuff like that.
If they make progress, however, I continue to try and be encouraging and kind and helpful. A gym isn't a place to waste your own time and the time of the other people who are using it. It's a place to improve your body.

i see some at the gym everyday but they literally make 0 progress

I saw this fat autistic kid wearing a Wii hat and shirt today. I felt so fucking bad watching him, idk why. Actually made me depressed. I wanted to help him but I saw him rejecting advice from another nice guy that probably felt the same way.

Other than that I generally feel good about seeing fatties in the gym. Anyone trying to better themselves is doing good in my eyes.

Every time I see a bigger guy working out I say to myself, "If I overhear anyone making fun of this dude, I'm gonna go off on them." Then after I think that we all just get on with our workout's an no one bothers anyone.

Big women can be annoying because a lot of them are lazy. Still don't really think about them unless they're hogging something

I've known a couple of smart fatties.
One is literally autistic, like diagnosed, complete mental case, but god damn if he doesn't remember a ton of shit and he can solve an awful lot of problems.
The other really smart fatties I know understand that they're fat, but they like to eat and don't like to move, and they've come to terms with the fact that those behaviours combined lead to being deathfat.

>Get gym membership
>Drop 20lbs over about a year, not huge gains since I still eat like shit often
>A regular compliments me on my progress
>Get new job
>Different hours and more labor involved so I'm too tired/lazy to want to go now
>Cancel gym membership because fuck paying 50 bucks for a place I'll barely walk into
>Guy who complimented me probably thinks I'm a quitter
I still lost another 20 pounds after changing my eating habits a bit and I take nightly walks but I still have a long way to go. I went in there again in March when I had to settle something and I saw the huge 300+ woman that started after me still there. Maybe she'll make it.

They're literally the worst, the scum of the land, but I'll take them over manlet anyday, so would any self respecting woman.

Theres this really fat guy that I've seen a few times when I go at a weird time that isnt usually part of my schedule.

He's been at it for months. He lifts babby weights. He fucking sweats so much that his entire shirt is soaked.

ya know what though? I have extreme admiration for that man

he's kept at it, and I'm sure he's lost a lot of weight and made a lot of gains

he pushes himself and thats more than most people can say

> you're gonna make it man

i'm not a fatty but a noob/borderline dyel, and i've gotten this from a dude. he looks like he could have been a wide receiver, he's got that athletic football/sprinter look. anyway, he gives me props for showing up when he sees me and i'm like thanks and secretly thinking, yeah yeah, i used to come late at night and started showing up during normal hours a month ago so it isn't like i'm actually brand new there. anyway, it can be a bit awkward but i take the compliment and move on

>One of my first months lifting
>At gym with a friend
>Doing bent-over rows
>whatisform.jpg
>A regular obese -ish(obviously been lifting for a long time, but has noticeable love handles) guy is watching me row my way to snapcity
>Gets up from bench and comes to me
>Shows me how to row properly and gives me tips
>spaghetti a bit as my voice breaks
>th-thanks bro

That's about it, I live in a small city and go to the gym at late hours so I rarely meet people

Why would I be mad at them for doing what we told them to do?

One the one hand, at least they're in the gym.
On the other hand, people thinking exercise is the cure for obesity is a huge problem.

They think you need to exercise to lose weight, and exercise means cardio, right?. But out of shape fat people can't sustain the output necessary to make a significant increase in TDEE. So they feel like shit for a week or two and see no progress. Who can blame them when they inevitably quit?

somewhat related, but how bad was your form? were you getting to a point where you considered deloading to make progress? the reason i ask is because i feel like my form sucks, and i'm not going to film myself at the gym, so i guess i could do babby weight until it felt better. idk

Theres only one really fat guy at my gym, hes at least 400 lbs. After a few years he does not look any different

A gym is the one place I can see a fatty and not hate them. I support everyone going to the gym.

Fat people are the hardest working normies at my gym.

>tfw I am wondering if you are talking about me.

Doubt it though, plus that guy at 4 in the morning doesn't seem like the guy who would post on an anime site

you'd be surprised, I dont look like a weeb at all

I'm REALLY good at hiding my power level
> people think I'm a chad who slays pussy
> I'm actually a NEET virgin who watches anime and shitposts on a mongolian fish weaving forum all day and night
haha jokes on them

Not me though, I doubt you live in portland, nobody on Veeky Forums lives in portland

There are a few that try and succeed, others that are just... so emotionally repressed at the gym.

Fatties need private training, they cant handle that psychological stress.

Well, few can.

>I can't go to a gym, I'm too fat.
I have thought these thoughts. Since losing weight I have to be much more creative finding excuses to avoid people.

It's hard to tell yourself to ignore others when gyms always seem like tight communities and you're this newly husky fucker coming in and trying to avoid becoming real fat.

All you gotta do is jump into it.
If you really want it you will make the effort.
I have lost over 20kgs in the last few months.
I now gym 5-6 times a week and all i do is cardio.
If you want it then you don't make excuses.

I am the fatty at my gym though less fat than I once was. During my transformation everyone has been very supportive from staff to casuals to pros. I just go in, do what I need to do and leave. Not a big deal. I'm sure people more respect the fact that I am in there making a change than judging me for being overweight in the first place.

keep at it brother

This.
College gym here. Sadly this is the case. Even thought our gym is small I think only the locals show up on routine.

But then again I usually lift around 7pm and later; after my classes or before my last late class.

Fine. I have no problems with people bettering themselves, that's why we are all here right?

Seen an obese girl try a pull up the other day
>landwhale steps on little booster stool to reach pull up bar
>she's working out with fat muscle Manlet guy, was probably a close friend or family
>Manlets kinda coaching her through a routine or whatever they were doing
>he doesn't see how she obviously has no chance at a pull up
>she grabs bar
>pulls
>absolutely fucking nothing
>she kinda smiles or whatever to show she's not upset by this and steps down

I don't know why they even tried she was like 300lbs. It annoyed me so much because they acted like she was bout to do some sets setting it up then when she half assed an attempt at a rep she was just like 'nope' and gave it up. Atleast make a valid effort even if you can't succeed especially if you act like you're ready.

Been living in south africa for 16 years now (german)

> been at the same gym for couple of years
> have this black down syndrome kid there
> always making incomprehensible noises and spitting everywhere
> hits on the black cleaner ladies
> spends 3 hours a day at gym
> does 2 minutes on each machine
> pissed himself once before
> a gym staff member needs to accompany his sessions

2 months ago
> white down syndrome girl walks in with her mom
> call her potato in german with gym buddies
> black downy sees her last week Thursday for the first time

First time in my life witnessing a tard dropping spaghetti

I don't take too much notice, since I'm focusing on myself, as everyone else should be doing (and most probably are). I'm glad they're trying to improve themselves.

theres this fat asian(middle eastern for non-limey faggots) who goes to the gym pretty much every day it seems.

He trains a lot and pretty hard I guess since he's always sweatin like shit and does a lot of exercises, at least 2 hours. months later he looks exactly the same.

Kinda feel sorry for that fucker, he didn't even seem to gain any muscle. Oh well, that's what happens when you're a natty, all work and no reward.

>diddling 4plates.
>fat guy, nice guy fwiw, comes up.
>"that's...that can't be good for your back."
>I assure him it's okay. Finish my set.
>"dude, what's the price you're willing to pay to be strong?"
>assure him again it's okay. Finish last set.
>"your joints are gonna be toast in 20 years."
>I'm huffing and puffing, I look at his knees, can't see his kneecaps because there's so much fat. He's hyper extending them.
>"you're probably right. Thanks for the advice."
>I go to the bench. Work up to 230 for fives.
>finish last set. Really a grinder. Sit up. look to my right. It's that guy.
>"Jesus Christ. That's insane. How do your shoulders not pop out?"
>"I dunno. Haha."

I'm just too nice.

faggot

I don't understand why obese people start off at a gym. Literally counting calories and walking/jogging is all they need to do to lose weight. You'd think they do that first, and after they lose weight, start a gym routine.

Also, when people go to the gym without adjusting their diet they tend to eat more and just end up at maintenance or surplus.

theres one fat fuck at my gym who lifts "heavy" weight with shit form and thinks he's the shit, always slamming weights loud as fuck. smells like shit too, fucking fat fuck

we should hang out together and feel awkward about not being able to converse.

>walking/jogging
God, no. They need to lose weight first. It is very heavy on the joints. Cycling or swimming is OK, though.

fucking awesome, i have this fat dude in my muay thai class who sucks ass but we all try to motivate him and call him up whats wrong if he misses a session

positive encouragement beats bullying 100x in terms of effectiveness when it comes to weight loss, and since i live in germany and will have to pay for that fatties heart surgery because of publich healthcare, i want him to loose fta

dude you are not too nice, it called dealing with haters like a champ

If you are lucky, you will meet again in 20 years, but that is not a ood motivation to lift desu

There is just one fatty(hamplanet size) at my gym. I don't count in overweight people. He fails miserably.

>always on phone
>no cardio
>no free weights
>does elusively machines
>shit like vagina machine and curl machine
>rest 3-5 minutes between each set
>does baby weight sets
>spends max 1 hour at the gym

He will never make it, if he doesn't change. Even worse, he will go home and tell "hurr durr gym doesn't help, I work out so hard and nothing changes"

>

this is how every Veeky Forumsizen should act

noice!

faggot. what do you think you own the gym you go to? who gives a fuck what someone else does with their time, at least the fat fucks are still going. do you think everyone should make gains based on your standards? you're a miserable prick and I hope you get hit by a bus.

>See guy I used to ride the bus with
>Was kind of a dick, but likely due to being made fun of for being 300+ lbs
>Has been going since December
>Has lost over 100 lbs
>I used to be a fatass too
>Caught him mirin me doing a set of 275 squats ATG

In Jersey?

An elliptical is good too. That's how I started a couple years ago.

>be me
>fatty around the middle all my life
>spent past 5 months improving my life and going to the gym regularly
>regulars compliment me on gains and strides made
>barely able to jog-walk for 15 minutes
>now run-jog for 30-40
>bench 225

I truly enjoy going to the gym and working out now. I tried before and failed after a few weeks, but now I have the drive to make myself the best I can be.

Rarely happens but one of my favorite past times is when I see some competitive manlet making no gains try and match me.

>see guy doing 110 pulldowns like retard
>GottaGoFast.jpg
>sit down next to him to do rows
>progessively work up to 220
>good form slow and steady
>feelsgoodman
>move over to work on triceps
>retard moves over to row starts at 180
>GottaGoFaSSsss
>3 reps in blows out back
>hobbles to exit

On a final note anyone else notice pull machines attract morons like autism to an mlp doll?

damn. Most alpha thing I've read all year. Post a pic of yourself. Fedora included.

Found the fatty.

Not alot of fatties in my gym, but theres this 16-17 year old kid whos been there for almost a year, really pushing himself every time. He's still doing relatively light weights, but he's made a ton of progress. I have more respect for him than the bigger shredded guys in the gym for some reason.

fuuuck got me

shet. got me there.

woah. roasted

how will you ever redeem yourself?

>MSc at world top 10 university
>fat

Must be my genetics?

One of my best friends in early HS was huge.
He was a super smart guy too. I actually know a couple pretty big guys (4U) that are smart as fuck. But just love vidya and cheetos too much

I am indifferent unless I see them for atleast 2 months then I am happy that they are improving themselves and might even help them out some.
Doesn't mean that I won't groan audibly when they use the equipment I need though.

>massaging chair
What the fuck kind of gym are you going to ? A shopping center is not a gym, mind you.

Kartoffel
Top Kek.

There is this fat guy I really hate. Every time I go to the gym, he is there. Every machine I use, he's using it too. Every weight I lift, so he does. He workouts pretty much the same routine as me. I really fucking hate him. But after I leave the gym and go home, I smile, little by little I'm killing this fat guy I hate so much until I'm happy for not seeing him anymore in the gym's mirror.

>And that man's name? Albert Einstein

>shit thats pretty much me

>dl 405
>4 minute rest after 2-5 reps
>pathetic fucking fat ass

Are you the guy who got kicked out of gym after Veeky Forums and reddit teamed up to call his mom about how much of a dick he is, resulting in him being banned from gyms?

Nope, just don't do fatties.

completely agree