How do you improve running?

how do you improve running?

>coworkers lift and do cardio
>a few did a half-marathon recently (21km) in 1hr and 40 minutes
>other coworkers did 5km runs in 25 minutes
are these good times?

>tfw i can't even do a 5km without stopping
cardio makes me sweaty, tired and out of breath. what do?

>cardio makes me sweaty, tired and out of breath. what do?
you have to run for years mate. In the winter you go indoors on tread

stop smoking, and drink water only

1:40 ain't that bad for a casual desu. That's a 7:40/mile for 13.

Do more cardio
Working up to a 30 min 5k is the same as noon gains, it's gonna happen mostly just cuz you're trying
Your half marathon time is bad, but there's no reason it would not be at this point. It's only gonna get better.

Do this to get started.

Then apply the same kind of strategy for improving speed or distance as you like.

tried it before, failed on week 5

>implying that running marathons regularly is good for you
>implying every marathon runner has cartilage in their knees and ankles still

Why the fuck would you do this to yourself? Go swimming, or ride a bike if you want cardio.

How's life in your bubble there bubble boy?

This board is hilarious when it comes to running and cardio in general. If you can't run you aren't Veeky Forums. PERIOD

inb4 b-b-b-u-t user I swim once a month.. but but I ride the stationary bike at the gym doing HIIT for 10 minutes a couple times a week.

T O P

K
E
K

Then do week 4 twice, don't give up at the first sight of failure... you will get nowhere with that attitude!

You could use a search engine for "couch to 5k" and it would give lots of results. Basically stepping your way up to running 5km without stopping.

Fucking lol. I bike every day with my two daughters in a bike trailer. Totaling just under 100lbs, to everything (everything) we need to get to. Swimming lessons, violin, school, doctors appointments, sleepovers with grandma, ALL OF IT. All in all it's about 15-17 km a day (2 hours or so). Rain, sleet, snow or shine.

Then there's my routines on top of that. You saying that biking isn't cardio is... is... I actually don't have an appropriate simile for how retarded this is.

Wew lad.

Ew trailer trash redneck detected. I bet you touch your kids a bit too much as well, you fucking scumbag.

>2016
>having daughters

Wew lad.

You missed the point of his argument

>30 minute 5k
Motherfucker are you walking? That's slow as fuck. Jesus. I can 4 miles in fucking 30 minutes. I mean I get not everybody runs a whole lot and blah blah blah but a 30 minute 5k is disgustingly slow

More like your wife's two daughters

Repeat week 5 until you can do it p cakes.

That's what, a 10 minute mile pace? It's one thing to run one mile in ten minutes vs running 3 miles without stopping in 30. The point is he should set a 30 minute, 5km goal and then once he achieves that, aim to do better. And no it's not walking but rather jogging.

>he uses a bike to transport his progeny because it makes no sense to have two cars in an urban setting!
>redneck trailer trash! I bet you're a fucking pedophile!

Projecting a bit too hard there bro.

>2016
>not spreading your glorious genes as far as you can

Jesus christ dude.

Which was what, exactly? That cardio exercises other than running are useless?

>wife's two daughters

They are my wife's daughters, I'd be worried if they weren't. Also they're mine. So not sure what you're getting at here.

Just because you get cucked on a nightly basis by Jamal doesn't mean every man that transports children is doing the same.

>So not sure what you're getting at here.
Veeky Forums has a love of cuckoldry.

don't be a bitch, tough the winter out. cold? bundle up, deal with it, embrace it and enjoy the post-run body heat. snow? it's a fucking obstacle course.

treadmills boring AF

oh yeah, buy metal cleats for ice.

I think I'm the only runner on Veeky Forums that actually enjoys running on a treadmill. Just gotta crank that incline up

Apparently. I thought it was a /pol/ thing considering how much they like to talk about it. But I guess cancer spreads.

I don't run on a treadmill because when I runoutside, I can actually go places. I could pick a point on google maps and aim to got here on my own two feet. I find that kind of neat.

I run outside as well, I just prefer the treadmill because I like running uphill but hate running downhill. Also the area I live in is kind of shitty for running except for one trail nearby, which is only about a mile long

Then you didn't want it enough.

I do 15-20 miles a week on concrete/asphalt?

Will I continue to have knees well into my 40s?

I love running on a treadmill. I don't keep up with shit/fit/ culture or work out culture in general, so I have no preference. Whatever lets me run is fine.

I live in a really heavily populated city, so running outside isn't an option, unless I want to drive 15 miles to somewhere I can actually run.

If yo cant run 5K
try couch to 5k
or the zombie run 5k ap if you like that kind of stuff

>posting the faggot version
Here's the real version.