Hair Gains

What does Veeky Forums do for hair gains?

>haircut every 4-5 weeks.
>rogaine 2x a day, Nizoral 2x a week, finasteride ED.
>use Layrite cement pomade for strong hold but without the high schooler sheen.

Other urls found in this thread:

ijtrichology.com/article.asp?issn=0974-7753;year=2013;volume=5;issue=1;spage=6;epage=11;aulast=Dhurat
youtu.be/dPPdiD0ilpw
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9669136
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3964684/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15863844
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14729013
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>using layrite
>going bald
>fucking your shit up with Nizoral

>no cutting
>shampoo/condition 2-3 times a week
>Tar Gel for Shampoo, Dove for conditioner
>Dry shampoo on off days if I need it
>sea-salt spray for flow/casual days
>hairspray for hold/formal days

Hair loss has stopped after 3 months of fin.

Why is Nizoral bad? It cured my dandruff

>cuthair 2-3 months
>no peasant products
>have girls run fingers through hair and touch/compliment it

That said, my ears kinda stick out so having long hair looks best on me.

That your hair? What numbers do you ask for at the barber?

I shave my head myself, then let it grow. Ive been letting it grow for 6 months now. Cold showers, helthy food, good champoo, no products. 10/10 feels good man

I use conditioner once a week pure water the rest
sometimes gel if I want.
American scotsman here with thick light brown hair

Is there any product to make your hair more smooth, my hair is really thick and hard to bend

there anything i can do for my fucking SHIT genetics?

>21 yo
>male pattern baldness
>i just shave my fuzz every weekend
>why even live

water

Read OP

It's pretty close to the picture in OP. #3 on the sides. Scissors on top. Has to be faded in really well unless you want the true undercut look. Which I don't. Has to be pretty long (like 3-4 months of growth at least) for the look in OP. It also has to be styled everyday or you look ridiculous.

Thanks.

>has to be styled everyday
Famiglia, that's what I'm on right now. My hair looks like puffy 80s shit if I don't murder it with pomade.

Same. Total jewfro mode if it isn't thinned out via sheers and hit with pomade

Ask barber to thin your hair with thinning sheers. And use product when it's still
Damp.

Just looking at pictures of myself at 19 when I first started to worry about losing my hair and now 3 years later my hairline is exactly the same. The same Norwood 2/3 with a tiny bit of thinning at the hairline that is virtually invisible to anyone else. Can still style it and look good.

I use a shampoo bar with natural oils and shit and it makes my hair feel thicker and smell nice, doubt it actually gives me more hair though.

What's a good haircut that looks aesthetic but doesn't need product to look good? Hair is currently pretty long and it looks cool with some hair clay in to hold it all straight back, but otherwise I get a mad beiber look going and it looks retarded. I'm thinking a #1 on the sides and #3 on top. Thoughts?

I have fairly straight hair that has good volume to it. It basically turns into a cutesy mushroom cut. I rock it at work because I'm a jan8or and don't give a fuck. I have trouble taking female attention seriously because I look like fucking Toad. Pomp life is weird.

That's the "mature hairline." Guys whose hairlines don't mature look kinda strange. I mean, having all that hair is cool. But pic related

Ignore him, that being said in people without dandruff nizoral can cause hardcore drying of the scalp

>not a single bald person alive in my family
>my hair is too thick

I'm 28, no balding yet. Pretty strong hair genetics in the family, except my mom did start losing her hair at 50, which is worrying.

What products should I use to prevent going bald in the near future? Just straight forward Rogaine? I fell for the college meme and am pretty broke.

>tfw norwood 2 except for a big bald patch on the left side of my scalp right where I part my hair that makes me look like I'm norwood 3
Life is suffering, I try to do a kind of combover for that spot, thankfully I'm not losing any hair at the crown or on my right side, I think I'll save up and get transplants to fill in my bald spot

Go build a wall Jose

Consider yourself lucky. All my mother's brothers are bald, her father is bald. Family reunion = all bald.

Gotta medicate with foreign Propecia (Derm is scared of sides) and Minoxidil for eternity or hope gene therapy comes around. Appreciate what you have.

Yeah, my hairline is just suspiciously triangular for a 'mature' hairline, plus out of my dad and grandad's my dad is the only one who still has hair after his fifties.

I got over it though, being the little faggot that I was I remember constantly being anxious about it a couple of years ago.

I wouldn't do anything until you start shedding desu. Once shedding commences, fin + minox + Nizoral are the only options that work. You should have your debt under control by then.

That sounds pretty weird mate. Are you sure it's not some kind of illness rather than MPB?

And for anyone interested in using finasteride, please read this:

As you can see in pic related, the standard dose of 1mg per day is way too high. 0.25mg a day is 98% as effective as 1mg per day. Almost zero sexual side effects have been seen in people using dosages under 1mg. So, if you're prescribed or buy Indian Finasteride, buy a pill cutter on Amazon and break it into 1/4s.

Nah, it's normal for your scalp to go bald asymmetrically, I'm guessing eventually the other side of my head will catch up and I'll be norwood 3 all over but nizoral every other day seems to have prevented it so far

Can't think of a worse feeling than checking the hair catcher in the shower and seeing just all those hairs that will never be back.

If you're considering finasteride look into topical fina mixed with minoxidal, studies have shown that it results in (slightly) less serum DHT lowering (50% versus 70%) but significantly more scalp DHT lowering (65% versus 40%), it's apporved for use in Europe as of 2016 but not in America.

Alternately you could just do minoxidil+dermarolling, it result in regrowth of an average of 95 new hairs after 3 months versus 80 from finasteride 1mg but with zero side effects

Even non-balding people shed hair pham

Nothing, because I'm not a baldlet.

Very good info. Thank you. I fear topical Fin because I have a fiancé and I know woman contacting Fin is no Bueno.

I've considered a dermaroller. Thanks user. I'll look into it more.

In some case, baldness comes from hormonal imballance like the diffuse pattern.
In my opinion, it would be more efficient to treat the cause rater than the symptoms.

Like this?

The vast majority of the cases it's caused by DHT killing the hair follicles. Either gotta protect the follicles or lower the DHT. We know how to do one of those things currently.

Tom Brady before and after hair transplant

ijtrichology.com/article.asp?issn=0974-7753;year=2013;volume=5;issue=1;spage=6;epage=11;aulast=Dhurat

Link to study if you're interested, keep in mind neither minoxidil or dermarolling are under patent so the authors of the study have no reason to falsify their data.

Tom Brady before and after his hair transplant started to fail.

Rough.

>haircut every 2 months
>no poo, rinse hair while shower
>wash hair with tar soap about once a month

Hair never looked better.
Also why do you need rogain except you're balding?

>why need rogaine except balding?

You don't. It's for balding or alopecia areata.

Yeah, similar to Cruz, thankfully other than that I'm not thinning much on top, just receeding

Sure it is DHT, but what are the causes that turns your test into DHT?
Prostate enlargment is a known cause for instance...

>start balding
>shave head
>no worries
No one gives a shit. Just get a tan, grow out some stubble and you'll fine look unless you have a weird head... then you're screwed.
>tfw blessed with based head shape

>except my mom did start losing her hair at 50
menopause

I get what you're saying. But DHT is actully very important in the body and needs to be there. Guys who bald don't have any more DHT than guys who don't bald, though having more DHT will speed the balding process. It's the follicles themselves that shrink when coming in contact with DHT.

Not coincidentally, propecia can be used to combat Prostate cancer.

If a man is balding he should just shave head, thats the most decent thing to do.

It's the easiest thing to do. Though not the most decent for some men. Some men are objectively less attractive when bald. I'd say most. How many guys rock ball caps after becoming cueballs? Some guys don't care and are truly secure no matter what. I am not one of those guys. Especially when my hair has been such a part of my identity. Literally people have been talking about it since I was 1 years old. My fiancé would love me no matter what. But she loves my hair and I'll do what I can to keep it.

Insecure beta? Probably.

Then there is something else in combination of DHT that causes hairloss.

Well it looks pathetic when a man tries to hide his receeding hairline or thinning hair, just be a man and shave, grow a beard, go badass.

Well, we all can agree that the combover and that sorta thing is fucked up and just sucks. For everyone involved. But we're discussing intervention here. I bit the bullet at age 25 when I started getting light thinning on my crown. And I've not only kept it at bay, I've regrown some.

Look I've seen 5 different guy that had balding problems, 4 of them already shaved after fighting a long but futile battle, all of them came to the point that they looked ridiculous, the 5th guy is at that point now, I bet he'll shave within a year. You you managed to maintain it for now, good for you, but be sure to shave your head before the balding starts to be noticable.

^

Kind of incredible actually. Woman would actually look at the guy on the right.

Ignore the hot guy. That hair literally the most alpha one. If you check, lots of made models have the same hair style.

Tbh since I started using it, pulling girls has never been a problem

How does one make their hair feathery and nice like that?

I have a poofy man bun with short sides and back with a mustache & beard. I get way too much female attention now. Hell even males subconsciously friend me faster and strangers refer to me as their buddy or "my bro here" frequently as hell. I make the most insecure males really fucking buttmad and roiders stay out of my way in the gym. Seriously not kidding. This style makes me look older, taller, cuter and sexier.

have thick follicles, have dense hair pattern, pay too much for hair product, have great hair line

basically, be a model.

Well. Shit.

wax

Best wig ever.

But what will that really achieve? Would thick luscious and healthy hair be growing from my scalp or half assed hair that i can still see through?

>tfw my hair is too wavey / flat to keep this look for longer than 10 minutes

Fuck me pham is there anything I can do?

Depends when you start. If you catch it early you'll probably get good regrowth. Some Guys get nothing from minox.

That's the thing, theirs probably is too. But they only need a minute to get the photo.

so my hair isn't too thin or anything? I guess it explains why I hardly see any people walk around with this look

>Tar Gel for Shampoo, Dove for conditioner
>Tar gel

Whut

Am I fucked? my hairs been thinning since fuckin high school, Im 21 now. I just shave it every weekend and ever since I did that my hair grows out thinner than when it was long. its like fuzz now.

It's definitely worth trying. Check out this video.
youtu.be/dPPdiD0ilpw

>don't go to the barber for up to a year at a time, let my really thick hair grow
>give myself little trims on the regular just to keep things neat while still growing overall
>shampoo and conditioner only, no gels or other hair products
>often get compliments about my hair

Only shitty thing is that premature balding runs in my extended family. One of my cousins went full cueball-mode in his mid-20's.

Eat more fiber
Fiber is used in the testosterone synthesis. If you use to go gym, have sex, fap a lot or other kind of boost to your testosterone and you have bad diet your testosterone probably becomes bad (It becomes estrogen) and that makes you sick and/or go bald.

I tried getting that kind of hair but it does not wanna stay up , how do you do it?
I have this one tho what do you think?

You need to grow it out if you want to style it better.
It's too short right now for you to have a lot of control on the way it sits.

Dollar Shave Clubs hair products are pretty great.

lol @ u baldlet

>tfw double crown

I fucking hate it. my hair just stands at the back if not properly wet or combed.

>mfw neverbald master race reporting in

This is how tall guys must feel in manlet threads

thanks for the schadenfreude friends

Ok m8

layrite is overpriced shit pomade...
just look at their ad on yt.

Just take a 2% ketoconazole shampoo its not that hard to research this shit

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9669136

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3964684/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15863844

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14729013

>have awesome genetics

Does finasteride really causes erectile dysfunction?

>tfw asian hair type
>very thick, straight
>poofs/sticks out when short as opposed to laying flat, even when growing/short like

Seriously I hate it, my hair will poof and look really bad if it grows.. I have to use a beanie or somethign to keep it flat if i want to
or cut it really really short, which i don't like either
fuark

I like my hair looks styled and wet after I shower.What product do I use to keep that slick look?

>mother's father has a full head of hair at age 75 despite smoking since 15

Am I safe from the balding curse?

Just ketoconazole doesn't reverse MPB

is there any evidence for that?

>Haircut never
>Brush 3x5 e/day
>shampoo 1x1 every other day
>conditioner once a weekend
>maybe make a braid on rest days just for fun

what's your workouts like, Veeky Forums?

Stop using shampoo

Probably. It sure helps but it's not enough, you would need fin

That's stupid,my hair looks slick BECAUSE of the shampoo am using.

To some people, like me...

>0.25 mg fin eod
>minox 2x/day
>just some regular head & shoulders shampoo eod (gonna find something thats better for hair)
>castor oil+dmso 1x/day
>stemoxydine 1x/day
>wounding (derma pen) 1x/week

What was your dosage? And did you have lower libido/weaker orgasms etc or just harder to get it up. Did it stop after usage?

I agree, not using shampoo is a meme. I have done lots of research into this as my hair is thick and wirey. The two things which have worked for me are argan oil and John Freda frizz ease (the serum not the shampoo or conditioner)

I'm sorry.