How the fuck do you get your head out of the way of the bar so the bar path is 100% vertical on this shitty lift...

How the fuck do you get your head out of the way of the bar so the bar path is 100% vertical on this shitty lift? Honestly I've watched tons of videos on this and yet still end up getting my head placement wrong and moving the bar slightly around it. Is OHP a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI
youtu.be/GJFjYyA40ss
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I believe you like lock and unlock your hips. Push hips forward, move bar up
Do you have a bioenergetic chair?

you should lean slightly back but with your hips and not your lower back to push the weight past your face. You should lean back only slightly and the barbell should just brush past your face by a couple inches.When it is past your head you lean forward into neatural position wiht your hips again. Ripplotroll does a good video on this.

youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI

That guys back looks pretty arched tbqh

read SS fagget

>snapping lower back 101

I hate those stupid head movements. That's why I lower the bar only until my shoulders reach 90 degrees angle (bar at nose level). Is that bad and I waste my time?

So?

So remaining still and tipping your head back is bad?

No, it's fine.

Like this
youtu.be/GJFjYyA40ss
rippletits knows

>not knowing how to lift 101

It's just a demonstrative picture
Squeeze glutes at the bottom

Post form check if you're having issues
You can practice (and take video) with a broomstick or whatever

I just tilt my head back. I don't arch my back or anything. Looks dumb but it seems like the safest/best way.

I enjoy the function of my lower back family

I heard you're supposed to arch but by squeezing your back, traps, and glutes when pushing.

Is it snap city tutorial or was it legit cause it worked for me.

You guys know the back is naturally arched when you're standing, right?

What's weight is considered respectable for OHP?
Not impressive, but a good milestone.
135?

1pl8 is considered a first milestone, yes

symmetricstrength.com
strengthstandards.co

Exactly how large is your nose?
Your back should be arched, Rip says to present your chest to the ceiling.
You're using your pecs in the lowest part, triceps in the middle part, and shoulders in the upper part.
That being said, your waist can feel like your weak spot in the lift. Don't worry, you're not gonna snap your shit lifting 95lbs.

>Your back should be arched, Rip says to present your chest to the ceiling.
Congrats, you're doing incline bench now

>not being able to press more than babbyweight 101

it's the equivalent of half repping bench or doing quarter squats

ok, I'll try to lower by weight and go deeper. I just can't manage to get my head out of the way.
And for the half-repping bench I've heard many opposite opinions about going lower than 90 degrees. Last time I went chest deep I've snapped my shoulder and dropped the bar

I honestly can't tell if this is bait or you're just retarded.