/cutting/ general

Eternal cutting general

Hows the cut going lads? Remember we're all in this together

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8svuSIYQu74
iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Does it still count as cutting if I'm a fatty or is it only "cutting" if you're already in decent shape?

Anyway I'm at about a month of 1500 cal. per day. Last night I made a whole bunch of grilled chicken breast with chili pepper, cumin, and lime.

Just made a salad with that chicken, red pepper, jalapeno, onion, cilantro and a little southwest dressing. Delicious.

Am I going to make it?

yeah its cutting as long as you're eating below maintenance

sounds like you'll make it senpai, keep going strong

thanks famalam. I'm starting to see results and actually look forward to my runs. Going to start lifting once I get to around 200 lbs.

>Tfw broke keto for a one time special occasion this weekend and now I'm going back through the carb flu period
>Tfw this is my punishment
>Tfw hurts so good tho

Myfitnesspro goal is 1670 for a 6'2" 145 lb.
Not sure if I want to even it out to a 1500.
Craving one of my favorite meals, spaghetti.
Got ground chicken and 798 cals left for today.
Reckon I can fit the spaghetti in?

Chocolate milk was on sale and I bought that. Feels bad man. might just give it to my roommate.

Those are good feels man, I just started lifting a couple weeks ago myself

Wait, what? You're 6'2 145 and it tells you to eat 1670?

Day 4, going strong at 1500 cals.

It was a bad weekend, buds. Cousin in town, wine, dine, and dessert at fancy restaurants every day.

Otherwise, started the summer at 305 (fattest ever), started the semester at 295, second semester 285, was almost at 270.

This has been mostly counting calories, excited to actually cook for myself and get to the gym when summer hits.

Please tell me I'll make it, fit.

Is that too much or too little?
If it's too little that's probably because I sit on my ass for a good portion of the day.

6 days in, loading up on EC and getting ready to run a stack for a week or two.
Eating at TDEE-500, not too horrible so far, just my hunger can be annoying sometimes.

>tfw friends at the gym are making fun of me for cutting

I've never done a proper cut since I started lifting, but have stayed relatively lean. I really want to try to get shredded, but I'm so scared of going down in my lifts. I've always been doing powerlifting routines and chasing numbers.

How do I get over my fear of losing strength, lads? I keep telling myself I look good enough and can't justify risking the gains. Would be cool to see how lean I could get, though.

Why wait m8?
Lifting boosts your calorie burn for like 36 hours, and you wanna keep all the muscle carrying that soon-to-be-gone fat earned you.

You're only losing like 10-15 pounds per season?

First month of my permacut. Dropped 17 pounds in a month.

I hope I make it.

>Tfw I'm about to hit 180 mark soon (started at 230)
>Tfw my crush called me senpai
Hold me Veeky Forums

Good luck, mang. When you're going through hell, don't stop - keep going.

Really only started to count calories a month or so ago. Just doing MyFitnessPal, 6'2", around 2000 calories a day.

Sounds dumb but I'm self-conscious. Plus I'll be moving to an apartment complex that has its own gym in about 3 months anyway. I might not be able to get down quite to 200 then but I'll probably start then anyway.

Even then it will probably won't be concentrating on lifting all that much. I don't care too much about aesthetics, I just want to look and feel healthy.

>about to hit 180 mark soon (started at 230)
Nice. How long?

180 is my goal weight right now also. I'm at about 250 now and started at 265.

Why are you guys stressed over cutting? You shouldn't even feel hungry unless you're quite lean.

Stats? Don't be starting on low calories only to crash diet.

5'10 75kg 165lbs etc
Naw not to crash, lost about 25lbs the last 2 months so I figured to round out the final 10 I could set a feasible goal.

>eating 1200
>drinking 768
t. Alcoholism Pro, down 12 pounds so far

Start cutting 100 calories a week until 1500, then you'll make it this decade

Nice. Keep at it.

thanks man! you too

been doing it since december so about 5 and half months

Hey guys new here, just started last week, need to know if I'm doing things right.

6ft 1in
251 lbs

Run for 20mins
Walk for 10mins
Then walk my dog for 30mins when I get home from work

Lunch and dinner I have 3/4 pound of skinless, boneless chicken, brown rice, beans and steamed vegetables

What needs to change?

How often do you bros weigh yourself. I was doing weekly, but I was too impatient so now I do every other day. Any opinions on what's best for motivation?

Why are you cutting skelly?

count calories, it's the only objective way to know you will lose weight. If you just go by "feeling full" or something then you are more likely to overeat. Also, keep upping the time/intensity of your cardio. When 20 min run gets easy, go for 25mins, then 30 etc

Daily. Mostly for torture.

Figure out bmr. Download myfitnesspal. Count calories. Do exercise you enjoy. Repeat.

It doesnt matter when your weighing yourself as long as you are still losing weight tbqh.
I have a couple things for motivation I re watch like youtube.com/watch?v=8svuSIYQu74
and this one cheesy movie on netflix called the fat boy chronicles

Copy that, thanks a bunch.
I'm actually already counting calories via the LoseIt app. Working pretty good so far, but it recommended me 2700 which seems high, so I changed it to 2100, I have no idea what it the right number is tho

As far as the workouts go, yeah it doesn't really seem like there getting better, I can only run like a min or two longer each day. Still get super dizzy and a lot of mucuse. I want to die

Start at 2100 and lower it by 100 whenever you start to see the weight loss slow down, you should have at least a couple/three weeks losing steadily at 2100

Just keep going on the running, it gets better

best time to weigh yourself is in the morning after a good poop and piss, you will be your most dehydrated and empty of food.

i ate 1800 calories when I was your weight imo cut down what you can handle
and the mucus dizzy thing happened to me when i first started. I almost passed out my first day in this gym. Just keep a schedule and try going the same time everyday to let your body get used to it.

cutting at 1700-1800 cals a day alternating, 215lbs yesterday, 214.4 today, 45 min to 1 hour of lifting a day. goal of 200lbs by july, i think im gonna make it.

>Figure out bmr.
Whats bmr?
>Download myfitnesspal.
>Count calories.
Is the LoseIt app ok, seems good to me...
>Do exercise you enjoy. Repeat.
This is the hardest part.
I honestly don't know people enjoy this. Although this is my first time trying to workout in the morning, I do enjoy that fact that it doesn't cut into my day. Normally I would come home from work and all I would want to do is relax. But being a game developer, I really get to relax all day. So it works out well.

Does anyone else find it easier to just pack all your daily calories into one large meal instead of three small ones?

Did that today... Ate at 1pm stayed full until 7pm now it's 10pm and I'm hungry but about to go to sleep. Any harm of doing this?

This eternal cut is finalyl ending in two weeks. Finally got to aroudn 13 % bf and will be bulking up to 15% then will cut again. I can't fucking wait until I'm out of this Keto fucking diet. I NEED MUH CARBS MAN

its called intermittent fasting

this has to be bait.

Look into intermittent fasting. Basically eating all your calories at once. It's nice because you don't have to worry about when to eat, but I would read up on best time to do it/etc.

Ooh fuck thanks I had heard of that but didn't know I was doing it. Any harm of intermittent fasting then?

Pic just to fuck with yall and test your willpower.

Thanks man, I'll stick to this for a while. How much weight should I be losing a week? I need to know if I'm fucking up early, I feel like if I see any kind of results it help a lot. A pound I week seems crazy awesome to me. I have not idea if this is in the range of a person like me. And seriously, thanks again

Pic related

You could probably easily lose 2-3 pounds a week but don't get discouraged if you aren't losing that much

You should be able to lose over 1 a week no problem at your stats

I keep cheating by eating Granola Bars

Send help

step 1 - dont buy them

step 2 - ?????

step 3 - profit (literally from not buying them)

I'm 6'2 225 and it tells me to eat 1650, what the fuck

Whoops, meant to reply to

>27 years old
>always been chub
>finally 'get in shape', shape is not what I had envisioned
>trying to get down to my lowest adult weight so maybe I have hope of visible abs

I'm working it down, boys. 5'8" king of manlets, I've lost almost 4 lb in 3 weeks, down to 150.2. My goal is 145, but I might have to go lower to get the results I want.

I wonder if I will ever be able to see them abs. 1590 cal/day average, losing 1.3 lb/week. I'm even doing spin classes. The number on the scale is going down so I guess I'm on the right path.

that video was really great, thank you user

I drink a shit ton of water in the morning. I feel like that outweighs the piss.

>Tfw my crush called me senpai

What the fuck

1300 kcal at 1.78, 83 kg and less than 20%bf its too much deficit?

I was at 1500 for a month and weightloss stopped like 2 weeks ago.

That's pretty low. I cut at 1300 and I'm 150 pounds (68 kg). Your metabolism is probably shot.

>the perfect pizza you can't have

Also, anyone else have this problem where you cut perfectly for weeks and then have ONE FUCKING CHEAT MEAL and you gain 5 pounds? Kill me.

1.70 73kg (160.6lbs) and 1300 callories a day
Was 104kg(229lbs) in december
Im making it bruhs hold me pls
Lifting heavy 3x week

any 5'7 - 5'9 bros here with visible abs? what weight did you have to hit before you saw them?

If you eat something crazy high in sodium, you will gain a bunch of water weight.

I'm in that range. Sitting here at 150 pounds and can see them when I pull my stomach tight and flex. I used to be a bit of a fatty though, so it's been harder for me to cut that last bit of lower stomach fat.

Last year I weighed 140 pounds and had the same issue, so I'm making progress after my bulk. I've learned that while abs are "made in the kitchen" you really do need to work them like any other muscle. Do ab rollouts, planks, and hanging leg raises.

My guess is if I can keep up the weight loss and cardio, I'll probably have definition without flexing at 140 pounds this year.

Going quite well.
>6ft 260
>1500 cals a day
>2 hour intense work out 6 days a week
>no cheat days
>tfw never sore or tired

google it, and just filled up on a giant cup of tea as a snack so go fuck yourself with that delicious sexy burger.

kinda what I'm afraid of. I don't want to have to go all the way to 140. I'm hoping 145 will do it for me. guess we'll have to wait and see.

How the fuck do I fix my metabolism?

sounds about right with a sedentary life style. im same height at 215 with 1700

Good luck, bro. It's tough especially if you're a former fatty, older, and don't have a lot of muscle. Don't give up if you fail this year, this is a journey and your fall/winter bulk can help you achieve more calorie burning muscle mass for next spring.

Well, it could be a couple things:

1. If you have been cutting for a long time, your metabolism has now adjusted to a low calorie intake. This is hurting you, especially since losing more weight means your body needs even fewer calories (your TDEE goes down). Some experts recommend a week or two diet break (not a binge or bulk) to help reset yourself.

2. It probably isn't a metabolism problem. Chances are you are just really bad at counting calories and monitoring what you eat. Cut out all unnecessary food or drink, especially stuff with sugar. Reevaluate and cut normally for a month to see if this changes things.

3. All of this assumes you are working out during the week. I cut at 1300 and lift four times a week, do some HITT cardio, and some minor ab work at home. Use the calculator below to see where your TDEE is at, you should be cutting at -500 your TDEE.

iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

you don't understand. his crush called him "senpai", but it filtered to "senpai"

Different user here.

The MyFitnessPal App says I should be at 2300 calories.

Yet, I've been eating less than that, usually around 2000 or less.

How badly am I fucking myself?

Yeah. And I was supposed to have everything my 'end of the semester weigh in' this Friday. How could I be so weak.

I'm not gonna make it brehs

Fuck mobile.

Boy you best stop messing with me

>tfw you go from 1000 to 500 cal deficit

I can laugh again

>caption: select all the food

50 cals at 5'1
Going great
A soup a day

you arent really fucking yourself that kind of deficit is reasonable

Went from 197 to 171 in 2 months. Is it slow?

how long are you keeping this up for
what's your current weight and goal weight

Start was 69
Current is 55
Goal is 50 and could do more if still have flabby arms

I try walking a lot but that's all the work outs I do

good job, keep going

i had 2 decent sized slices of meatloaf for dinner. im kinda worried because meatloaf is delicious and usually tasty things are calorie dense. am i worrying too much? i only ate about 700 calories today otherwise.

dont stress about it I doubt it could be that bad and if you still think it is just cut back a little tomorrow

>Finally get cutting diet in order after life time of being chubbotron
>Dad tries offing himself
>Grandad has a heart attack and is diagnosed with bone cancer
>Lost friends over drama I'm not involved with
>Now eating only a pizza a day and maybe a glass of water

I was craving sugar too much, I went out and bought orange jam for diabetic people. My asshole was like a volcano after I finished half the jar.

70lbs in 6 months doable? I'm probably pushing 25% BF at the moment. Goal is to get down sub 181.

Pizza is shit macro-wise, and depending on the size, you won't lose much weight due to the number of calories. Try eating just chicken, rice, and broccoli.

In Aus they don't get so big. Probably 12 inches or so. Still shit regardless

Going great. Feel good, happy with results.

Down from 182 to 140. Been trying a variation of IF and it helped me through a plateau I was having at 145.

Only problem is...I had a cheat day on Sunday. It was the second time I experienced this and to be honest it kinda scared me. So, any similar situations you guys have been through?

So, two weeks ago, I had a cheat day. Hit the 145 goal, had been craving a gyro. Got a gyro and fries. Come home, eat the bastard. About 30 minutes later, my stomach is in a shit load of pain. I look in the mirror, and the top of my fucking stomach looks like an african kid. Distended, it's tight, hurts. Like a brick just sitting there.

So i think, well, I ate a greasy gyro, thats all it was.

Then on Sunday, I go to a party and have a coupke bowls of chips. Some prtezels, shit like that, Son't partake in the T Bell because I think "well, I dont wanna be in pain again. Finish off my chips (maybe a serving of funyons, some pretzel bites, a couple cheddar chips, whatever)

Get home, SAME FUCKING THING. Im bloated at the top of my stomach, not as much, but it still hurts, there is a visable lump, tightness, whatever. Goes away after a few hours.

I've NEVER had bloating before. What the fuck is going on? This is the thinnest and most fit ive ever been in my life and now im afraid to even go out to dinner. Whats happening?

Not really but you can get close

>70lbs in 6 months doable?

>month one
215 to 205
>month two
205-193
>month three
193-186
That was around the pattern I went.
The problem is once you start trying to strictly lose weight the closer you get to your ideal body fat the less you lose monthly.
I lost 10lbs the 1st month, I am now losing less and less weight.
The first year a lot of fat losing gains are to be made, but beyond the first year is the real test. Losing that last little bit is a challenge.

220 to 203 in a month-ish
Aiming for 190 by June 1st.
Probably gonna take it slow though, to avoid fucking up my shit.

I just did some HIIT sprints, I'm 300 calories below my usual cut.

I'm a little hungry but I can sleep on it, should I do a whey in water and IF tomorrow for the benefits of HIIT and fat oxidization?

Started working out with a bro about 4 months ago. Started counting calories too but fucked up a lot. Third month was pretty shitty cuz we didn't go to the gym for 3 weeks of that month due to being busy with schoolwork, too tired, etc (shitty excuses basically). But this last month I've been more doing a lot more seriously and haven't missed a workout. Going for 1500 cal a day.

6 ft tall.Weighed myself today, down to 205 from 220lbs. Feelsgoodman.

By schoolwork I mean college btw

Recovering fatass here, down to 198lb from 255lb, 5'10"

so pretty good famila

no that's fine

I've got a calorie monitoring watch, and it's telling me I regularly burn 3000ish calories per day. tfw suspicious about cutting at 2000kcal/day

I'm actually getting frustrated with my cut, i try to keep around the 1200 calorie mark (130 pounds, 5'4) I want to eat high protein but I find there just isn't much food that is low enough calorie/filling/high protein.

Can anyone recommend anything, I am pretty much sustaining myself on unsweetened greek yogurt and tuna (Which is bad for me in high doses)

is it just me or do you always gotta stay hungry when cutting and always stay full when bulking?

I'm cutting atm and getting hungry