QTDDTOT

Questions that don't deserve their own thread thread

Edition Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

bretcontreras.com/wp-content/uploads/Strong-Curves-Workout-Templates.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Repost

What do you guys think of just doing ab roller? The exercise I was doing was holding a weight on an incline and holding my position when I'm parallel to the ground for 5 seconds.

Is there a strength standards website that takes height into account? So I know what a 6' tall man should be lifting if he is intermediate, regardless if i am bulking or not?

Redpill me on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches

No because weight and limp proportions are more important. And since it's impossible to base it on proportions, they use weight alone.

You'll be fine.

narrow stance, i must be doing it right

Now who would take advice from this fat dyel looking balding mofo

>No because weight and limp proportions are more important. And since it's impossible to base it on proportions, they use weight alone.
It's kind of silly really, because if you're a tall guy with a large frame, your organs, bones etc. are gonna up your weight a lot.

I'm auschwitz as fuck at 105kg for instance, but that doesn't mean I can lift as much as a 180cm manlet at same weight.

Im having a pain in my hipflexor during squats. it actually feels better with heavier weight. all other lifts are fine. wat do

>limp proportions

So you prefer showers over growers

Ab roller is great
That and leg raises are my 2 favourite ab exercises

Height is not as big of a factor as weight when comparing lifts
In both powerlifting and weightlifting competitions, competitors are divided by weight class, not height
A taller person will have longer and theoretically larger muscles, yes. But a smaller person can pack more weight onto their smaller frame

Sugar
White bread

Always difficult to diagnose with such little information
But have you tried simply stretching your hip flexors/psoas?

If it's anything like I had, I had pain (during squats) on the very front of my hip flexor, underneath the hip bone.
It ended up being the result of shortened hip flexors and weak glutes. Basically just APT was my problem

Should I quit Veeky Forums if I want to change my life for the better? What resources should I go to as an alternative?

I'm currently doing the Veeky Forums version of the gslp. The problem is, the plates on the gym I go to uses octagonal plates, which poses an issue on my deadlifts. Is it okay to switch the 1x5+ scheme to 5+x1? If not, what's the better alternative Finding another gym is not a possible option yet since my current gym is already free and I have budget constraints.

Yeah that's my point, taller people get shafted in absolute strength.

thanks. i admittedly don't really stretch just warmups. i have apt and a little bit of lordosis. did you fix it? what stretches do you recommend?

Sucks, but you have the advantage of your muscles being bigger.
Just go SHW if you want to be competitive.

Make sure your feet are angled out, and open your knees when descending so that they track over them.
Stretch your hip flexors, glutes, and hamstrings, when you're home.

Growers are lots of fun.

Yes
Quit reading bullshit on the internet in general

Spend more time on hobbies, learning and social life

Last summer I had an internship that offered a gym with those non-round plates (fuck LA fitness).
My solutions was to build a kind of cradle for the bar with other plates. So I would lay flat a plate or two in front of and behind the loaded weight (4 plates+ needed for this)

No matter what you do, you will need to take more time to setup in between reps when deadlifting.
If you really hate it, you could do more SLDLs or maybe do some kind of elevated rack pull to try and mimic a deadlift

How long after i stop taking creatine does the bloat go away? Only taking 5g rn but wanna look prime as possible for an event in july.

Deadlift in the power rack, setting the rack safeties just above where the plates would touch, or just do RDLs.

is it okay to have different sets and rep counts for different exercises?

I am 18 and looking to cut to into twink mode
I have eaten 2500-2700 calories to gain weight successfully
Since I am young how many calories should I get on a cut?
2200-2300?

Yeah I already am SHW.

Nowhere near being competitive though, but I also have a young training age and am only around 122kg.

Outside of the creatine, vitamins and BCAA'a in my protein what else is agood vbesides zinc znd magneium to add to my supplement intake?

Not necessarily though. Some of the strongest lifters are tall individuals. It's more about anthropometry than absolute height

Why the fuck are you even worried about this? Just lift faggot

IMO the key to fixing any posture issue is understanding what is actually wrong
exrx.net/Kinesiology/Posture.html
So you should see that the main issue is shortened hip flexors and weak glutes. An easy issue to have since we are sitting more than ever.
Glute bridges, even just bodyweight. Treat it like a stretch and squeeze and hold. Do these every day for warmup and stretching afterwards
Stretch hip flexors every day too and do it right with good form. Also google coach/death stretch and start doing that. As with any stretch, start light and work into it and stretching ocld muscles is gnerally not a good idea
Also, make sure to be stretching your quads too and don't neglect hamstrings

Yes, of course.
Compounds with form degradation do better with lower reps and isolations should always be kept to 8+ reps
Volume is a major variable in training/routine

Read the sticky
Learn what TDEE means
Post angus

Yes of course, the 3x5, 5x5 etc. schemes for beginners are only so because it's the most effective and simple solution.

If you have a good diet, you don't really need any supplements

Yes of course the tallest lifters are the strongest, but that's ABSOLUTE not RELATIVE strength.

I personally am not worried, but the guy that posted the initial question was.
Oh, and don't worry about arbitrary strength standards, you're intermediate once you can no longer progress on a week to week basis.

Read the "routine tips" section on fitsticky.com/novice-programs

A couple of days should be more than enough, really.

Food

You don't need any of that stuff if you just eat a good diet adjusted for ancestry.

I'm actually considering rack pulls, but I'm afraid that the safeties might bend since they're circular/cylindrical (idk how to call them).

RDLs or SLDLs? I thought those were bad on the back and hits more legs than back. Or what I'm saying is just broscience?

>RDLs or SLDLs? I thought those were bad on the back and hits more legs than back. Or what I'm saying is just broscience?
It's only bad if your back is too weak to maintain proper posture. Otherwise they are some of the best possible hamstring exercises.

Safeties are not gonna bend, but you can bend the bar if you drop it on them. So be nice when lowering it if you're gonna use the rack, or just use a bar that's already a bit bent.

As for the variations, you can read on the details on pic related.

>finally put in the time and dedication to start making a positive change in my body
>stretch marks immediately appear on arms
JUST

>safeties might bend
Not your problem m8. The bar is more likely to bend if you crash it down on the safeties anyways, bars are not meant to take point contact like that

Variations are no worse than regular deadlifts on the back. Everything is bad if you use shitty technique/posture. But it is true that they (should) put more focus on the hamstrings

Shit happens bruh. Don't bulk too fast if you don't want them
>turning down gains

While I was walking home from the gym late at night tonight a woman in front of me started lightly running the moment she looked back and saw me 30 feet behind her. I feel like yelling "you think that's a reasonable getaway pace" just made things worse, what should I have done, and should I avoid late night pumps from now on?

>Ab roller is great
>That and leg raises are my 2 favourite ab exercises
Do you have nice abs though?

How do I get into a gym if none of my friends lift and I'm a poorfag?

Posted this in another thread, but got no replies, so here goes.

>been doing 5X5 SL for about a month now
>keep rounding my back during deadlifts
>able to do the other lifts in the proper form
>felt pain in my lower back yesterday after trying

Should I just stop trying to do deadlifts, or maybe deload until I get the form right? Even after speaking to a personal trainer to get the form down, I'm still not doing it right.

I'm bigger, stronger and also fatter now
pls no bully

By getting your priorities in order paying them with money
Get a fucking job

You hsould've ran after her at the same pace

Catch up to her and forcefully squat her. That'll teach her from trying to stop you from achieving your gains.

>Important to note, you should NEVER completely replace the main conventional deadlift for any variation
>suggested the RDLs

c'mon trappy I trusted you. But I'm still reading on...

Well, fuck, I'm stuck then. I'll do ab rollers but I don't think I'm going to make progress

You should have run up on her till you were right on her heels, then sprinted past her, saying something along the lines of DYER

Just try a bunch of exercises and see which ones you like best
exrx.net/Lists/ExList/WaistWt.html
Don't forget teh heavy squats and deads meme

I mean, he's in a pretty shitty situation.
Exceptions I guess.

Thank you.

People who have lifted a while tend to do multiple variations of each lift for their training.

I rarely do my comp deadlift in training, I do straight leg deadlifts, block pulls, sumo deadlifts, good mornings etc. on any given day.

Can I warm up with RDLs and do 3 to 5x1 of conventional DLs as working sets? Or is this too much?

Do you mean 5 singles or just a set of 5? If all you're doing is a set of 5 I'll assume you're kind of a novice and thus do not need any other variations.

And I personally don't do more than one deadlift type in a day, though I might do good mornings on the same day.

You can do whatever teh fuck you want mayne
Although I don't see why you wouldn't just pick one and follow through with it

Try out the cradle thing I mentioned in the earlier post too, it worked for me well enough

Refer to his original post

Oh, and either way, warming up with another exercise rather than just sets of the same exercise with full range of motion is kind of silly.

Personally I prefer not to do a huge amount of reps for warm up, preferring instead to focus on full range of motion and muscle activation.

A set doesn't need to be completed as fast as humanly possibly either, taking a few seconds to reposition is not an issue.

If I lifted at 1am, would my body be okay for another workout of like, just moderate cardio at around 2pm?

Cardio yes, lifting probably if you slept well in-between.

5 singles. I'm unable to do a decent 1x5+ for DLs since the gym I go to only has octagonal plates which fucks up my setup no matter how good my form is.

Yeah I guess I'll just do the cradle thing. Thanks guys. Wish me luck and gains.

Shamelessly checking my own dub-dubs.

but if i'm 6 foot and someone else is 5'5'', and we lift the same amount, i'm the better lifter

No, he's the better lifter. You should be lifting way more than him.

what do you think of my May routine for this month?.
alternating days: A, cardio, B, Cardio, etc

Everything with Dumbbells, because it's all I have.

Workout A - core exercises
1. Curl and Press
2. Cross grip gobbler squat
3. Pullovers
4. Farmer Carriers
5. Thrusters
6. Tripod Rows

Workout B - esthetics exercises
1. 1 and a half lateral raises
2. Cheat Curls
3. Underhand chest press
4 hanging leg raises
5 weighted lounges
6. reverse curls

Quick Question:

I intermittent fast, for 24 hours. one giant meal. I don't care to lift. I'm an average person and this is only for cutting purposes.

It's been very successful. However I want to start doing daily cardio to help expedite the process as i'm nearing my goal. It's getting exponentially harder to lose fat.

Knowing that i'm fasting for 24 hours at a time, insulin should be incredibly low towards the end of fast, while HGH should be elevated.

What is the optimal time to do, about an hour of cardio per day? the answer may be different depending on intensity. LISS? HIIT?

I assume it's best to do the cardio just prior to breaking fast, but not sure. Advice?

I'd say do cardio close to or right before you have the meal, because if you do cardio early you will have to endure all the extra hours of painful caloric deficit and hunger.
And since you don't care about performance, only weight loss, doing cardio with low energy shouldn't be much of an issue, and you'll be eating right after so you won't be dying inside for hours.

PS: This post is not an endorsement of intermittent fasting.

Jobs question: I hate mine, & I hate where I am right now. Should I quit while applying to new jobs in the new area i ll be moving to?

i love you trappy c:

does the timing have anything to do with making it more effective? I only ask because most people say do fasted cardio

No...give them your two weeks after you accept an offer in writing....

i notice the first thing that feels sore after squat is the hamstring behind my legs. What exercises can I do to make these bad boys lot stronger and not sore often.

I just hit 2plate squats today and both my fucking hips really hurt. Which sucks because it was kind of easy.

The most likely cause of this that I read is weak glutes. Which makes sense since only my quads and hips "hurt" after squats. My hips are compensating for weak glutes.

I'm going to cut out squatting for a while. What exercises can I do to bring my ass in line?

I've seen glute bridges, and I figured I'd do a bunch of leg curls. What else can I do for a couple of weeks? Rack pulls?

Squat and Deadlift

Honestly, you can min-max this a lot, but it really comes down to calories in, calories out.
There are studies showing fasted cardio is "better" to burn fat, but there are many other considerations you have to take in consideration, to the point where I really wouldn't worry about it and just do what will work easier during an intermittent fasting cut.
Doing it before the meal has the downside of not allowing much intensity during the cardio (and intensity can be good for increasing your metabolism during the rest of the day), but at least you're not gonna spend the entire day dying of hunger.

Make sure you're drinking enough water. And keep in mind water weight affects weighing with a scale a lot.

Leg curls are for the hamstrings, not the glutes.
For glutes, barbell hip thrusts.
Rack pulls are good too, but they're not an isolation specifically for the glutes and will also work your hamstrings and back.

Your pain is probably not because of the glutes though. It's likely bad form (which can cause impingement at the hip or anterior femoral glide) and maybe bad mobility (which can cause strain on the hip flexors).

Most issues with anterior hip pain from squats is fixed with:
Point your toes out at an angle and shove your knees open when you go down, so that they track over your feet. (see pic related) Widening your stance can also help if you're squatting too narrow.
Do warmup sets before lifting heavy.
Do mobility drills before warmup sets.
Do stretching for the hip flexors, quads, glutes, and hamstrings when you're home.

Any benefits to taking glucosamine right after lifting?

Saw this posted in the locker room, anyone ever try carnitine? Does it deliver?

Should I use chalk or straps? What's the differences?

funny how you post that, literally as I am preparing a drink of matcha tea, caritine and stevia.

does it deliver? I honestly and truly believe so.
the small issue with this question is that I don't have a biological twin to control and test against.

But I've been very successful in losing fat while using both of these together. I was skeptic of matcha but, it's life. caffeine is a joke.

I do all of that, and I keep my knees over my feet in very wide stance. In addition I also do Kelly Starlet's stretching everytime and pull as hard as I can on my ankles while stretching my legs. I was literally pulling my ankles really hard into the deepest squat position ever before I squatted as well.

Like I said, the only thing that adds up is weak glutes. Which I don't feel any activation in when I squat.

If you decide to go for it, make sure to get L-caritine, and in powder form as it is in its purest form. You don't need very much per serving. I bring this up because I noticed your image said that it's served in a juice bar. that sounds like a meme. do it right.

Is there anything I can do at home that would guarentee that I wouldn't be lifting just the bar when I finally get the courage to go to the gym?

I went a few times with a friend and a girl legitimately giggled at my low weight. I'm not trying to go and do 200 my first lifts, but 15/25/30 would be nice. Any way to get that foundation in?

Pic related, I don't want her making fun of me ;_;

please believe me when i say my college exercise and cellular physiology course said carnitine is a meme. basically it does serve fat burning function physiologically, which is why it is marketable, but taking it as a supplement does not increase the natural rate of this function.
at least that's what college taught me.

body weight

Chalk to develop grip strength and your forearm muscles.
Straps if you're too tired to hold the bar anymore even with mixed grip or hook grip.

Or if you're a huge faggot like me and want to have smooth hands for handjobs and not develop your forearm muscles, use straps all the time. kekkk

Maybe your stance is too wide, then. kek
Or you just need to work on your mobility.

I really doubt you can get to 2pl8 squat and have the glutes be so weak as to cause such an issue, but well, it doesn't hurt to make them stronger either.

And don't do static stretching before lifting as that can actually increase the chance of injury. Focus on dynamic stretching and mobility drills (like high front-back/side-to-side leg raises or hip circles).
Static stretching the ankles and wrists is fine though, if you need it.

No one will laugh at your weights, it's in your head.
The girl giggled because she found you attractive.

It's a meme to make $$$

Also, pic related.

Don't be a fucking pussy. Go to the gym and be a fucking alpha you sorry pussyface

I started lifting weights when I could do 5 one handed elevated pushups. Which helped with my bench as I did 225 on the second day. Also started at 135 for ohp.

My legs are shit though. Do a lot of body weight squats and grab a backpack and throw heavy shit in there and do some more when you progress. Do pushups everyday as well or at the least every second day. When that starts getting easy and you get bored of doing sets of 30 or 50 or whatever, start banging out elevated pushups. Also do tricep pushups as well.

A good thing to buy that I bought and never use except when I need a pump is those stackable resistance bands. They should include exercises for every body part in the kit. That will carry you pretty far as well. You can do every exercise, they take up zero space, and you can stack them for more "weight".

Also pullup bar.

Then when you feel good enough because I know this is a confidence issue and not as simple as "just go no one cares", you can go to the gym. Or do what I did and build a power rack in your garage with a 415 pounds of weights and never step foot in a gym while overworking yourself.

> No one will laugh at your weights, it's in your head.
> The girl giggled because she found you attractive.

T-thank you based trappy-chan

I kinda fucked up a muscle on my leg doing squats the other day. It's not bad enough to warrent going to the doctor, but I probably shouldn't squat for the next week or so. What are some other things I can do instead.

The muscle that I fucked up is on the top part of my leg that connects to the hip.

Recovering hamplanet here. 6'1, was 300, now 190.

I am doing SS. My problem is mobility and flexibility in my hips, hams, etc... I cannot so a lower than parallel squat.

I'm stretching and working those muscles every day. Shall I continue with the best possible squat, with the limited range? I get to about 60 degrees, with 90 being parallel to the floor (and I want to get to -30). Should I squat with moderate weight (for me, around 225) until I get the mobility and flexibility?

fapping with my callouses has been problematic before

When you get head, does the girl actually SUCK on your dick? I got some head last night where the girl sucked it and it fuckin hurt, like I was bruising the capillaries in my cock or something. I'm used to girls just simulating a vagina with their mouth, but she seemed to think sucking was a normal thing.
Thoughts?

Jebus. I want to get to 120, not -30. Math fail.

perhaps try to do box squats set up to your lowest comfortable height. stretch outside of doing squats. that's what i'd do

I think you should just man up and go to the gym

Loaded? With progression?

Depends entirely on the context. I use both for different things.

stopping your squat above parallel keeps most of the weight tension on your knees, which isn't healthy for those joints. the purpose of going lower is to shift the load to the hips.
sitting momentarily on a box alleviates this as well.
of course a deep squat would be ideal, but everyone's proportions are different, as well

Could it be that I have pulled a muscle if there wasn't any acute pain but that I developed swelling the next day? Or is it something else?

So I think I might have bicep tendonitis in my right arm. Sometimes I feel discomfort when doing overhead pulling movements (some variations of latpulldowns, pull-ups - neutral grip pullups feels better). Never an issue on pushing movements. I don't know how to describe the feeling I have when I dig into my bicep with my fingers. It is like I can find some very tough sinew-feeling part of my bicep which I can't in my other side. Anyone else who has had bicep issues who can tell me something?

If you take steroids before your near your genetic max, do you maintain any gains? Anyone with experience?

>backstage in the bathroom
>girl got a mouth like a vacuum

the squat is the most inconsistent lift for me. some days they feel fine, other days they feel awkward. for some reason on >135s, the barbell leans forward, hurting my knees, and my torso leans forward, on the bottom. How do i fix this?
my mental cues are:
bend the bar
draw ribs down/tighten abs,
inflate obliques
spread the floor apart (to tighten glutes)
hips back, sit down to parallel or below
hips forward to get back up
chest up.

how do i prevent the bar from leaning forward? my heel doesn't come off the floor, but i can feel the added pressure on the knees, especially left knee.

Am I correct in understanding the romanian deadlift as something like a hip thrust but standing up?

I'm completely new to the weight-lifting aspect of fitness. Should I find a pre-made routine, or make one for myself? How do I go about doing either of those things?

I posted in another thread about this a few days ago, but decided fuck it, I'm working out, so sorry for the redundancy, but I do have some quirks: 1.) I'm female, 2.) I'm 5'0", 3.) I lost most of my muscle mass a couple years ago and only gained the bare minimum back. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I just do fewer sets for now to accommodate being way weaker than the average woman?

It'd be a dream if someone could slap together a routine for me and it not be a shitpost, but that might be asking for a bit much.

I just want to be stronk, with an emphasis on ass and legs.

I forgot to mention I only have two 5 lbs. dumbbells and they can really give me the business. I'm willing to buy a couple heavier ones, but I'm not ready for a gym membership yet.

>female
>ass and legs emphasis
Find a pre-made routine. I recommend one of Contreras strong curves routines, you can find an epub if you know to pirate ebooks or just look at this workout template which is free and consult with others on how to actually perform the listed exercise.

bretcontreras.com/wp-content/uploads/Strong-Curves-Workout-Templates.pdf

Don't worry too much about following the routine that closely for the exercises that are unfamiliar. I'm on week 9 of Gorgeous Glutes. There's a really good trick that lets you use the prone leg curl machine for weighted glute bridges which is way easier than getting set up for a barbell glute brudge. Search youtube for that.

and please be in NJ/Philly so I can have a training partner that wants to grow sexy ass and legs together and we can make dudes 'mire.

Oops I didn't see this post.

Look into goblet squats (which can be done with dumbbells) and that same PDF I linked. There's a body weight program in there too.