Tanning

not /pol/ bait but why do white people tan? i'v been working at my gym for a month and i notice how a whole bunch of white people always like to tan after their workout. some of them come out looking orange while others look like pic related

a tan can make you look healthier. but people easily overdo it

>racism

I MEAN COME ON ITS 2016

I'm already naturally brown and I tan anyway for that sexy tan line contrast.

I also like to get those tanning stickers so you can get a cute little heart on one of your butt cheeks

I'm pale as fuck and tanning makes me look a bit more cut

I can't be bothered to lay in a tanning bed. Otherwise a decent tan g can go a long way. I don't get people that like to be orange though. Especially in the dead of winter.

>tanning after your workout
>not before

tanning before physical activity has been proven to slightly increase your lifts.

faggotfaggotfaggotfaggotfaggotfaggotfaggotfaggotfaggotfaggotfaggotfaggotfaggotfaggotfaggotfaggotfaggotfaggot

Natural sun tans don't look orange.
A bit of tan looks great, glowy and it covers imperfections bedides most people don't match the milky pale look

white guilt

Because in the west it is attractive to look like you go outside, say to the beach.
Everywhere else? Not one bit.

this desu senpai

>some of them come out looking orange while others look like pic related
The sun is a broad spectrum light, if you tan long enough you will eventually look like a nigger.
tanning beds don't have the entire spectrum, so you come out slightly orange.

I have a tendency towards red.

Also it's kind of silly to ask why white people tan.
It's part of our human nature to sun bathe, we are dispositioned to relax, lower blood pressure, and release endorphins while under sunshine.

It's to show off definition.
I tan easily though, has to do with natural complexion. a few minutes in t he sun working or laying out does it for me. Plus you get them vitamin D gains. The tanning booths do tend to give people an overall more unnatural looking tone.

Because dark skin is more attractive than pasty white skin. Just ask all the women that sleep with blacks

Because it looks better in my opinion.
I dont talk about overdoing it but getting a bit of color.

Overdoing things is allways bad.

tanning makes you look healthier, bigger and in this culture its a sign of not working which is basically status

this

Because not having a tan is fucking ugly. No matter how Good Your body is, If you are pale you look like shit
I always wonder about that in cbt some people have such a nice build but If They are as white as Show they end up looking just ew

Dark skin makes my hair look even lighter, plus tanning also makes your hair blonder. win win

I had a bit of shoulder and bacne which went away when I got a light tan.

It's good for skin in small amounts.

this, it is basically to make your skin and overall appearance healthier.

You get the same response from people if you consume a good amount of beta carotene which givers your skin a natural flushed glow whatever your normal skin colour is.

Google that shit. Save your skin, wear a good sunscreen when you're out and about. Get a healthy glow by eating well.

Being pale != being pasty.

citation needed

Gonna try that out since I have moles that should not get any sort of sunlight whatsoever, or I'll get cancer.
>tfw cant take shirt off at the beach

What about this guy's natural glow?

It's like colouring. A plane black n white picture looks shit but shading adds depth

Normies tan because it gives you a "healthier" looking skin (unless you overdo it).

Veeky Forums tans because it simply gives you more shredz, more definition.

Whenever the weather and my schedule allow, I like to sit out in the sun for 10-15 minutes for the front and symmetricaly for the back. Not really tanning, but enough to get dat D and darken just a bit, plus it feels nice and relaxing.

Its proven that the same amount of UV absorbed is less damaging when done over a long time than in short bursts.

A beta carotene induced glow is scientifically proven to be more attractive than a sun tan
Takes a bit of carrot and sweet potato eating though
I don't care because I'm already a quarter Mediterranean so I'm a perfect bronze year round without aging myself

>It's good for skin in small amounts.
This. Also its nice to relax in the sun a bit in the summer, and its impossible not to get some tan if you spend time outside in the summer.

pale skin is associated with sickness

tan skin is associated with being healthy, being able to go outside

idk where I live people love white skin

tanning is the body's natural defense to UV

It's obviously best to be covered in sunscreen at all times and never tan. That said, if you forget sunscreen even once, a sunburn is about 100x worse than tanning slowly ~10 mins at a time over a couple weeks.

if you spend a lot of time outside, it's a pretty good idea to build up the "safe" tan

while I agree that most people find beta carotene more attractive, the "scientific" study wasn't exactly scientific

they just photoshopped pictures of untanned people to simulate a suntan vs a beta carotene glow and asked people to rate which were more attractive

FYI leafy greens have about ~70% of the beta carotene of carrots, and sweet potatoes have even more

also, carotenoids have ~50% higher bioavailability in cooked foods than raw, so if you're downing carrots or spinach for a healthy glow, you should be cooking them

or just eating more of them raw

literally a western standard

Its like anything else. Its healthy, until you overdo it.

Sunshine helps synthesize several vitamins, helps kill acne, and makes you happy.

Too much sunshine damages the skin and can cause cancer. Just find a balance .

>pale skin is associated with sickness
ive only ever seen this on TV, irl people would comment about how pale someone is, but never in a negative way.

Is this an emerican thing?

Do tans really add contrast to make your muscles more defined?

Been going to the gym for 2 months and im almost at the point where i have good arm definition, will a tan help? Currently Casper the Ghost Tier White

I eat 40g spinach and 100g carrots (both cooked) a day.

Is this enough beta-caratenes?

You want the real truth? Because "tan" for white people means you are living in luxury with enough free time to waste on frivilous things like tanning instead of slaving away in a windowless cubicle.

Yeah, it helps. Don't get freaky with it, but a healthy shade of bronze does help.

Just checked and in total i eat 13mg of beta-Carotene

I don't normally tan, but in the months leading up to summer I do for a while. Basically, I'm just trying to get a base tan so I don't burn like a fucking ginger at music festivals.

>cooking spinach

fucking why. vegetables taste 10000x better raw.

some days if im a bit lazy i'll just eat a head of broccoli as a snack, stem and all.

to make it softer when it goes into my rice and beans. I actually don't taste it at all, cooked or raw.

>tan can make you look healthier
I have never understood this

>not cooking the poison out of your spinach

i'm not white but i'm pale as fuck and i know not to fuck with the sun

this is more of a kale problem, but yeah, eating leafy greens raw is for degenerates, unless you are eating lettuce, which is its own form of degeneracy

Paleness is linked to disease and sickness

Some people get super pale

Getting tan can also help reduce redness in skin (or at least make it less noticable).

And finally, I guess being tan gives the impression that you've been outside (unless you overdo it of course)

>some days if im a bit lazy i'll just eat a head of broccoli as a snack, stem and all.
Disgusting

Raw broccoli tastes terrible but becomes god tier when it's steamed

Tanning is terrible for you. Just eat a shitload of beta carotene and you will look healthy and not pale

Yeah better stay out of the thing that literally makes life possible on this planet. Fukkin retard

IIRC you want like 30mg beta carotine a day

do you realize how weak your argument is

Stop lifting weights for a minute and open a book senpai

The same reason skin whitening cream is so popular in Asia, insecurity in their own skin.

Risking skin cancer for cosmetics

carrot tan >>> Glorious Pale Skin >>>> sun tan >> bed tan

I wear a 50 SPF (with no petrolatum) from spring to autumn

Tanning is literally a meme started by Coco Channel. Before that, pale skin was considered a status symbol because only poor peasants toiling away in the fields had tans and the elite class were fair-skinned from being able to afford to stay indoors

They are not aware that tanning causes skin cancer.

I spent over a year working outside for my job, then training outside for a few hours nearly every day. I wore sunblock (Neutrogena SPF 70) and wound up with yellow toned skin on my face, even orange around my mouth and nose toward my eyes. I want to know if there is a safe way to heal this. Every cream I read about is some burning or bleaching thing.