Blood donation

There's a blood donation campaign going on on the uni campus. I vowed to give blood sooner or later, but i have a race tomorrow (i'm just an amateur but i'd like to see how i match up), plus i take my lifting regime quite seriously. I'd expect some drop in performance, and so i'm really afraid of stalling on my lifts especially now that i've been making steady progress on most of my lifts, especially OHP.

So how does donating blood impact your performance and lifting? Any of you have had any experience with it?

Less oxygen getting to your muscles. Same reason why doping blood gives you more oxygen.

There better be some Captain America : Civil War movie tickets coming out of that donation. Two would be better so that you could invite your girlfriend

Blood donation is a fucking meme.

Pretty sure there's nothing in it except a pat on my back. I feel selfish for basically saying ''muh gains'' as an excuse, but fuck, i'm worried as it could easily put my workout back a month or so, from what i've read.

wut

2 weeks is bloods usual recovery time but yeah. They always stretch the warnings to the max to cover all bases.

Also. Fuck that. Demand at least a T shirt so that you can loiter over your count workers that you're a better person than them. If it's a blood buses then 90% of those things have "free" give aways as gimics. I always go when I want movie tickets . They even let you choose the prize you get for giving your blood to Draculas

No experience bcause im no fuck-up jobless addict

I'm in a second world country, these people are volunteers and they don't have anything to give away. Maybe a lollipop or something but idgaf about that.

Also, i have ridiculously low blood pressure so this would probably make me dizzy and feeling weak for weeks.

I have a blood donor card, and used to donate every 2 months.
Don't do it. Docs didn't even let me donate blood if I had a plane to catch within a couple days.
I'd advise you to skip this particular campaign, race, and go to a hospital or whatever to donate later that week. Also you'll waste less time, campaign bus are usually packed on campus, have to wait half an hour most of the time. Take a day off lifting after donating blood. Different people have different reactions; the first time a college classmate next to me had to stop half way through because she was losing consciousness. Personally I felt high for three days but that was more due to feeling awesome I think.

It won't set you back a month lmao. I doubt it'll set you back more than 48h if even that. If you hydrate you'll have recovered volume within a couple days, easily. The volume of blood they take is laughably small compared to your total blood volume so unless you're planning to compete in the olympics next week that's not an issue.

If you're so concerned about O2 you can book an appointment to donate platelets or plasma, they'll loop back your blood and filter what they need.

Blood donations aren't blood tests you fuckwit, you do it so others can get blood in case of an emergency.

A friend of mine recently got blood and it most probably saved her life. I feel like i should repay that favor by donating some as well.

Don't let Qts ( guys or girls) take your blood either. The young ones suck. Get the old person

> qt: Thanks for doing this user, blah blah blah save a life. Now please hold still
> me: ouch
> qt: oops sorry, donating blood hurts a little
> me: I've been doing this for a while , no it doesn't. You're doing it wrong
> qt: I just missed the THROBBING vein is all. Let me try again
> me: ahhh shit, that's my bone, you're stabbing my bone!
> qt: don't worry user, I've done this a couple times, you just have a slippery vein
> me: slippery what? You stabbed my fucking bone. You dug too deep!

Bruises for days user cause she then proceeded to move the needle around while it was in my arm. And no, the conversation didn't exactly play out like that but still. Heed some warning

The problem isn't with the plasma, that recovers quickly, but hemoglobin level takes a few weeks to reach normal lvls. Still, thanks for the input. I don't think i'll do it today due to the race tomorrow, then.

Fuck that's terrifying

No free stuff huh. . . I guess tiny tims surgery will have to wait or something because it's not worth it then

Last time I tried donating blood the lady fucking stabbed straight through my vein and out the other side, so I ended up not being able to give any because of that.

Guys, stahp

I wasn't afraid at all, now i'm terrified

Crew rower here
We're banned from donating blood because it takes at least 2 weeks to recover fully.
So yeah, don't do it before a race.

well do you get fucking money for it

No you don't. You get some free food sometimes

> blood donation
> wants to be paid

Don't think any of you fucks understand the word donation

they why the fuck would anyone do that lmao,

You get free movie tickets, free mug, free to shirt, free faire tickets, and free food. I live in florida btw and these old people need youthful blood bad because a simple thorn prick makes them bleed out in seconds.

Step up your donations senpai

You get paid to donate sperm user

To help others.

Jesus christ some people really are psychopaths and/or severely autistic on this board.

The word Donation is a go around for the law which prohibits the sale of human organs ect ect ect.

> I donated blood and they happened to be giving out free hand jobs on my way out the office

Just tell them you had gay sex recently. They won't let you then.