How can people bring themselves to eat junk food?

How can people bring themselves to eat junk food?

because it gives you a massive dopamine rush

because its unhealthy so it tastes amazing?

this and this and emotions. also lack of education but i doubt theres many people in the world who can honestly say 'i didnt know i was supposed to eat 100% processed foods with no nutritional value'

because it tastes good?

how autistic can you be faggot

Pic related

>low self respect
>low IQ
>shit parents who werent able to raise theire childs properly

once you get into Veeky Forumsness you lessen the junk until one day after a period without any, eating right, you realise how bad it is and wonder how you could ever have enjoyed it

tfw you can only taste the grease, msg and excess sugar where once you thought there was deliciousness

conclusion: anyone who doesn't get what op is saying is a permafat who needs to go to FPS then wakemeup.jpg

Yep. After I fixed my diet and was very strict for about 6 months I went and grabbed some Wendy's one night because I could afford it calorie-wise and figured I deserved a treat after all this time. Got myself my favorite spicy chicken asiago sandwich and was disgusted with the greasy artificial fakeness of the whole thing.

It was still delicious and I devoured it, but it felt bad the whole time. I don't see how people can enjoy this shit food without that little voice in the back of their head being like "this is bad. don't do this"

The immediate satisfaction is good, but I end up feeling like shit withing 10 minutes.

You have some psychological issues you need to work through.

One reason for that is because you always eat ice cream.

Try switching to fruit and snack on veggies throughout the day.

>tastes amazing
>tastes good

I can't believe you people. The last time I ate fast food, I was disgusted by the taste of it. Just all around awful.

Junk food isn't the problem here desu senpai

Pic related is.

And it only leads to junk food.

Vicious cycle.

oh gosh i love those. I have my speech memorized "#8, medium, spicy, dr. pepper lite ice."

speaker ".....uh.... what size?"

me "dammit"

100 years ago, it was healthy to eat as much fat and salt and sugar as possible because you could starve any time and there wasn't enough food available to get fat, unless you were rich. your physiology is still adapted to those conditions, except that those foods are easily available and bad for you in the quantities that modern man eats them. some people legitimately don't know eating McD's and soda every day is unhealthy, or they just don't have the self control to stop.

I never understood this. Mcd and most other fast food chains taste god awful to me. I can only eat their shit when I'm drunk and nothing else is open and it always gives me heartburn.
You know what tastes amazing? Real fresh food.

I had a thought right after posting tho - I'm from eastern europe and grew up eating home cooked food made from fresh produce. First time I had mcdonalds was when I was like 10+.

Eating doritos with pepsi rn. AMA

>I don't see how people can enjoy this shit food without that little voice in the back of their head being like "this is bad. don't do this"

I mean, apparently you did it yourself (for a long time) before you "fixed [your] diet".

>thought that healthy people who are disgusted by junk food are bland idiots
>start eating healthy
>tfw try fast food and feel disgusted, can taste all the fat
>where are my vegetables.jpg
>tfw Veeky Forums was right
>tfw haven't eaten pizza in weeks

I wont lie, there are still times where I crave it (usually when I'm drunk or high) but I honestly can't see myself eating that crap anymore. Guilt and shame is too much.

what is psychological about physically feeling like crap?
it's not guilt feeling. it's a nauseous feeling.

>Not making your own pizza with whole wheat crust and home made mozzarella/tomato sauce.

baka desu senpai

i bake my own cookies. made the exact same cookies 4 times in a row with the only difference being the kind of butter i used.

i ate like 7 of them even though i am cutting (though i still managed to stay at 1400 cals for the day)

the rest will be given to others (also holy shit does the butter matter)

I just had some chai with muffins and s'mores

Feels good mang

Were you also homeschooled?

>mfw I drank a coke for the first time in months yesterday

I was tweaking and sweating like a dope fiend

My parents raised me believing fast/junk food was the norm because it was easier for them.

Now I find eating clean/healthy excruciatingly difficult. How do I reprogram myself? I'm eating lentils and rice but all I can fucking think about is fried chicken and macaroni & cheese.

I must be the only person who gets drunk and craves more booze and/or sleep.

I never wants junk food.

Good bar food is the greatest guilty pleasure food

After a while, say 4-8 weeks, it gets easier the longer you go without it. Have it a single time and you basically gotta start from square one.

All you can do is eat clean and wait it out. Although fried chicken and mac and cheese isn't too bad every now and then. Just don't eat it too often.

"How does addiction work?"

Watch "Fed Up", sugar triggers the brain similar to certain narcotics, making it literally addictive.

>hey guys XD
>I don't like fast food taste I'm such a special snowflake

Nigger. Fat and sugar make people comfortable. And they make the food taste better. It's almost basic science
Fast food isn't anything special anyway. It's just putting a bunch of easily made comforting food together

In what universe can you deny the taste of fast food? It's literately MADE to taste good

> I don't see how people can enjoy this shit food without that little voice in the back of their head being like "this is bad. don't do this"

Because not everybody has this kind of warped mental relationship with food. Eating a greasy burger occasionally as part of an overall reasonably balanced diet is not a problem.

If your thought while eating a single Big Mac is that you are literally killing yourself it's a good indication that you're not thinking about nutrition correctly.

Double magnum caramel ice cream is the greatest pleasure my lips have had the chance of tasting.

when are you going to lose weight?

Start small if that's easier for you. Replace your soda intake with water, and any time you want a soda drink a glass of water instead. Make yourself drink it too, your physical reaction to the urge helps distract you from what you crave.

Learn some recipes too, there is a such thing as tasty food that's also healthier for you than fried chicken.

Fast food tastes like shit to people that never eat it.

Sometimes I aint got enough calories for the day so I get pizza its a terrible affliction

I eat pretty damn clean but every now and then I like a small bag of doritos or chex mix. Usually can make it fit in the macros.

Its delicious. I still have a large whopper and fries every 2 months or so.

I have no problems avoiding fast food, sodas, bread etc, but the sweets still fucking get me. I can hardly resist it, I've been refraining for a month and a half, then I received pic related from relatives 3-4 days ago, and I ate 14 out of the 22 pralines inside it.

Here's my favorite analogy:

Food is like a drug.
Who consumes food?
The People.
Who regulates what goes into food?
The Government.

I have a personal weakness for PopTarts and Cheezits; they make me happy when I consume them.

Another person might be partial to heroin which also makes them happy upon consumption (but shooting up is the only way to go).

Now, let's say that my friend and I are deciding whether we want to indulge--and we're assuming that we both actually give a shit about what goes into our bodies...maybe not so much my heroin friend, but it helps the analogy.

My friend can start cooking up his Chyna White and it's very clear that other shit has been "cut" into his Heroin, this making it less pure and more toxic--but he doesn't give a shit because he doesn't want to get sick and his anus is still throbbing from that last john (addiction is not glamorous, people).

Now, let's say that I want a Pop Tart. As I put the pastries (Cinnamin & Brown Dugar master race), I look at the ingredients listed on the back of the box--there's tons of shit that, not only can I not pronounce, but also that my body doesn't even recognize as food: toxins, uc you will. However, I can't "see" them. All I see is a "sugary" and "sweet" heaven just as my heroin friend that is OD-info over there could only see his "beautiful" white(ish honestly, that shit looked sketchy and I told him we should have gone back to Snake, at least he wasn't pointing a fucking gun at us the whole time. Shit, I want to call 911, but my Pop Tarts just popped out of the toaster, hold on, Jamal.)