Skyr (Icelandic pronunciation: [ˈscJːr̥]) (pronounced "skeer") is an Icelandic cultured dairy product...

>Skyr (Icelandic pronunciation: [ˈscJːr̥]) (pronounced "skeer") is an Icelandic cultured dairy product. It has the consistency of strained yogurt/greek yogurt but a much milder flavor.

>Skyr is a high protein, low-fat product, varying slightly between brands, unflavored skyr is roughly 12% protein, 3% carbohydrate, and 0.5% fat. It is high in calcium and vitamins commonly found in milk products

Skyr tastes great and has based macros.
Why aren't you eating Skyr RIGHT NOW?

It's expensive.
But fuckkkk it's delicious.

Expensive. Kvarg for life.

>not eating Chobani instead

this is superior
3.5g carbs 47.5g protein 0g fat
you can it out of package, it's sour like yoghurt
comibine with 1/4 cup flour and one egg to make a huge bowl of dumplings

too busy eating the yogurt of the gods

fage's the best
>i eat off-brand greek yogurt 'cause money

the only good thing in eastern europe

> [ˈscJːr̥]

What the fuck is this? This is the worst phonetic transcription I've ever seen. You should be ashamed of yourself.

>he doesn't know IPA

laughinglinguists.jpg

when my mommy visits she puts these in my fridge. pretty bland/bitter but the nutrition is on spot

Of course I know IPA, I'm a linguist. IPA doesn't have a capital J. I was also thrown off by the palatal stop and voiceless trill, but I looked it up and apparently icelandic does indeed have those. So yeah, I was too hasty in my scorn.

>tfw wouldn't know how to handle my macros without this shit

Don't be stupid and get the fat version. It's only 2% afair but way tastier.

You wrote the carbs for 100g but the total amount of the protein. Make up your mind god dammit.

Skyr, strawberries and sunflower seeds for breakfast errday. Half a 500g pot of the stuff you get in britain has 22 preotiens and not much else. Usually on a 2 for £2 deal as well so i eat 4 days of breakfast for less than £5. Pretty expensive compared to the oats but i am employed so it isnt too much of a stretch.

Whats up with this low fat shit anyways? They just change the fat content with sugars. how can that be healthier?

1. they not always do
2. a food item can't be healthy, a diet can be
3. it's almost always lower in calories
you fucking moron

Its expensive.
Its got lactose in it.

so you're poor and black?

Where do you even find this shit? Everyone I've met says you can only get it out east, I'm in Arizona and have yet to find it

Who /kvarg+whey/ here?

AZ user too, can get it at Whole Foods and Trader Joe's usually. It'll just cost an arm and a leg

>being lactose intolerant
U a Jew?

who /plainchobani/ here

yogurt and cheese are fermented dairy , ergo - their lactose components are already broken down.
Lactose-intolerence doesnt apply to these things.