"Protein shakes?! Nah bro, I want to get big naturally"

> "Protein shakes?! Nah bro, I want to get big naturally"

Other urls found in this thread:

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whey_protein
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Those people are retarded, but buying protein powder is equally retarded.

>the roaches ate your protein shakes so you can't get big regardless

Goddamn protein shake junkies don't know what hard work & discipline is all about. They just enjoy their delicious beverages & easy gains.

>be student
>shakes give me easy access to neccessary protein

Fuck off

>tfw you don't even go to the gym anymore and just drink 8 shakes a day instead of food for maximum gains

Fucking best fucking case fucking scenario. 32 scoops minimum.

Instead of blowing your money on whey, why don't you just buy real food?

>be student
>have one class every second day
>jerk off in the evenings
I NEED EASY ACCESS TO PROTEIN ITS TOO HARD TO COOK

Cause I'm lazy I like the convenience of being able to put down my needed protein quickly. Plus they taste good. Not that I don't eat real food. Generally not enough to reach my needed protein intake though.

dude no one ever wants to not eat eggs or meat with every single meal lmao

I do cuck as well you fucking cucks, do you have any idea what word supplement means?

>Cause I'm lazy
Enjoy not making it then.

>eggs and meat are the only source of protons
>protein powder is 100% real protein and not full of starch

This. I feel like even if I had the resources to have someone cook whatever I want for me, I still would use protein shakes. It can be a lot of eating to hit my protein requirement for the day.

> "user scientists have said that you don't need any more than 50 grams of protein a day and your diet should be mainly starch, veg and fruit with little fat or cholesterol"

>I do cuck well
We can tell.

Anyway, if you actually get enough protein in your diet (>120g) then whey is literally worthless. I haven't used that trash in a year and I haven't felt any difference. Supplements are a scam in general.

You're not a smart person.

Don't tell me you're one of those tards who believes that he needs 1g of protein for every lb of body mass.

Per gram protein powder is an extremely cheap source of protein.

Oh, yeah? Why? Because I don't fall for the supplement shills anymore? I quit using that trash a year ago, and I hit 350lb bench press last week. Go on, tell me why wasting 40 bucks on something that doesn't do jack shit is smart.

>I don't know what the word "scam" means. I'm going to carry on and flail around impotently while patting myself on the back for my delusional sense of intellectual superiority even though I'm a stupid cunt.

It's lean body mass

If you're eating 3-4 meals a day which include meat, eggs, dairy, or nuts then you don't need whey. You've already got enough protein. It's a literal waste of money, and that's without going into discussions if the protein they sell is really 100% protein.

>I'm going to project instead of coming up with a counter-argument.

Selling shit that doesn't work is a scam.

And it's still more than you need.

Just because you don't understand what it's actually suppose to do & that your feeble mind can't quantify it's value relative to other sources of it's beneficial ingredients doesn't mean you've outsmarted anyway. You're a dumb guy. You're not smart enough to have some introspection & realize that you're not as sharp as you believe. Instead you self aggrandize & lack the self-awareness to realize you're embarrassing yourself. You're a waste of life.

You fucking pig.

you dont need protein shakes to get big.
>still believing in he powdered jew

>"oh you workout? do you take protein?"

you almost had me with that bait, but that part at the end ruined it

>muh fedora

When i told my doc i work out, he literally asked me if i drink protein shakes to make sure i do it right.

Do you continue to see this doctor?

>fat bitch looks at me
>"that guy probably takes protein"

What hea saying is that not all of us can get the amount of protein we need everyday, so we 'suppliment' the deficit with it, which works cuz its protein.

Its not a scam, you fucking pig.

I prefer to take my whey protons & creatine intravenously. Usually through the big vein on my peener.

Whey is cheaper than food ya fuckin poof.

Unless you're a vegan that's just bullshit.

cite your sources

>be evening
>my meals got me to around 80g of protein
>be 190lbs
>drink 40g worth of protein
>some faggot tells me its a scam

Not every day is fucking same, if you cucks can eat same shit over and over again, good for you, I'm trying to keep my sanity

>"Oh wait dude, I have to make my protein shake"
>"What, are you in a hurry?"
>"No, why do you ask?"
Why not just take the time to make a fucking PB&J sandwich then you autistic retard?

You're an idiot.

Not necessarily.

I can buy 500 g quark for 55 cents and it has 60 g of Protein. So for 1 kg of protein it is 9.17 €.
Most protein powders (1 kg) cost more than that and they're all like 80 % protein. If you check their prices for 1 kg of protein, it will be hard to find one that is actually cheaper than quark.

I don't find Quark to be appetizing. I never eaten space Jew before though, so I could be wrong.

Protein powder isn't appetizing either.
Mix it with other stuff.

holy kek the disassociated projection my sides

There's still no good reason to drink protein shakes

Eat a proper diet and stop looking for an easy fix. An incredibly dodgy industry is feeding you something you don't understand and you're doing it solely because cunts like t-nation make money from it.

Yesterday was my second day of bulking and I hit 150% of my protein goal without even fucking trying.

Protein shakes are good if you are a vegetarian, live in a country where meat is expensive or abstain from mass produced meat for moral reasons. Otherwise it is just a meme perpetuated by the same kind of people who make money off of crossfit and the like. Do yourself the favor of tracking calories for a week without protein shakes to determine how much protein you actually eat on a day to day basis, I'm sure you'll be rather surprised.

Why not just eat your semen you fucking retard, it's free

My mistress makes me lick my semen off her feet when she occasionally lets my penis out of it's chastity cage to cum.

I work 60 hours a week. I commute another hour and a half per day and go to gym for about and hour and a half 5 days a week also.

That literally leaves me 9 hours a day on weekdays. Any of you underemployed fucks gonna tell me how I should still spend extra hours cooking hearty meals instead of sleeping and making up the deficit with supplements.

To any of the gents here taking a dump all over supplement users, consider that some of us actually work quite a bit and that our free time is limited.

>inb4 drop your job.

Fuck off. I love my job, it's extremely well paid and it drives me in life.

Prepare your meals on the weekend then.

Ever force yourself sexually on an elderly Asian man?

>Why not just take the time to make a fucking PB&J sandwich
how much protein is in that?

How much protein does it need to be for me to be right?

Why are there so many contrarian retards on Veeky Forums. Grow the fuck up, no one cares you think you're superior for not using whey and only wear real fedoras.

People are misinformed about Protein powder. My girlfriend thought if she has some residue in a glass shell get huge.

I struggle to eat 0.8g per kilo of protein, and also enough calories to maintain. Oats and PB, eggs, rice, veggies, chicken, nuts, then maybe pasta or chips and meat/ fish, cheese,. I'm fucking stuffed and still losing weight.

However, I have to wonder if the 0.8g of protein per kg is championed by protein powder companies.

I believe the eat every 3 hours is a meme created by protein powder peddlers because it's almost impossible without protein powder.

How do I get enough protein on a cut without shakes?

It seems most food high in protein also has a lot of fat and is very calorie dense.

It's like 50 euro for a 5kg bag on Bulk Powders, Not cheaper than Quark I'll give you that but where the fuck am I supposed to buy Quark.

Also must be nice living wherever the fuck you live, even the cheapest beef or pork is 5 euro for a kilo of the fattiest mince.

It's also pretty handy to be able to just down like 30g of protein in seconds

Handy as well if you're approaching your limit for calories for the day and only got like 200 kcals left but you still need 30g of protein

> haha why does it come in that big a container
> what a tryhard
> (re: creatine) you on steroids now?

>Also must be nice living wherever the fuck you live
Germany

But isn't cottage cheese or greek yogurt similar.

So what's this about 1.5g per lb of body weight thing in sticky? This wenas I need 250g of protein per day?? I can't get from food.. fuck, I'm struggling to get that even with shakes.. Am I really overdoing it?

>about husbando tier firefighter coworker
>ew he ate too much protein, that's not good for him

Don't fall for this scam, you're supposed to eat chicken and egg whites thrice a day.

1.5g per pound is a meme. You can make gains on 0.7, but most people tend to shoot for 1lb

1g not 1lb obviously. You would be shitting out your soul if you had 1lb per pound and likely dead

>1.5g per lb of body weight
It's exaggeration of an exaggeration of an exaggeration.
People like to always add some more because it can't hurt.
You really only need something like 0.8 g per lb of lean body mass and that already has a good safety margin. People hear that and then think "well, just to be sure let's up it to 1.0 and do it per lb of body weight", and the next one will then think "1.0? I'll eat 1.2 to be on the safe side" etc.

Fuck off. Eat a 10 oz chicken breast instead of muh brotein shake and you'll get almost 3x as much protein and none of the after-effects on your GI tract.

What do I do with egg yolks?
But I can't even afford to eat chicken all day.. protein powder is much cheaper per calorie content, and I'm poor as fuck.. recently I had to go to food bank for donated food, and they had was mac and cheese and bunch of canned sodium.
Protein powder is literally my salvation. (I buy in bulk)

I've noticed the more protein I have in my diet the more jizz I produce

Thanks. I'll readjust for 1 and see how it goes. I was suspecting that I'm shutting out half the proton I eat..

What the fuck do SJWs have to do with protein powder? Are you a legit retard?

Look at the context, lad.

You're right. Sourcing for people before they refute it.

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

Research sources are at the bottom.

Can go as low as 0.61-0.65 g/lb. To those that use protein shakes, why? How can you not manage to get 100-120g protein/day without supplementing? 500 kcal of meat gets you 50-90% there pending on leanness of the meat.

Maybe your diet shouldn't consist of pizza and ice cream, retard.

this right here. anyone who still buys protein instead of meat/eggs/dairy is a moron

some people go with higher protein intake for satiety purposes, user

i get whey isolate for 7€/kg. thats 130 grams of protein per euro. quark is 4€/kg = 32.5 grams of protein per euro.

>Supplements
>Satiating

Pray to Satan to grant at least one.

WHERE

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whey_protein
It's a food source, friend

what are you, some kind of retard? everyone knows carbs give you a satiated feeling, not protein

local myprotein reseller. if youre in europe check out mass.fi. you can get isolate for 8-9e/kg atm too

meant for

man that's really cheap. too bad i just bought 5kg off of bulkpowders

Man I have a story about these people. Last December mom decided to visit some cousin of her.

>arrive at their house after four hours of driving, the fuckers lived at the state borders
>rang the bell
>all family come to greet us: father, mother and three kids
>the kids must be between 13 and 15
>the middle kid is a chubby named Isaac
>we enter, eat, watch TV and talk, they are super nice
>dad talk to me: "oh Isaac will love talk with you. I see that you are in the fitness way haha and he loves sport and exercise".
>agree and leave
>go to another living room and sit down, all kids are there
>"humm so Isaac I heard you like hitting the gym?" I said in my full autism
>"actually I never been to a gym cousin user, my father thinks it's not appropriated because it's a place of vain pursuits"
>they are full Bible belt I forgot to mention (we too, but to a lesser extent)
>I stand there speechless, they must think I'm the spawn of Satan
>the boy is super nice and ask if I want to see his "gym"
>hello darkness my old friend
>at least a dozen machines from infomercials all clumped in a small room
>they have the ab-magician, the fat roller, those vibrating dumbbells, a machine that do passive muscle stimulation and THANK GOD a lat pulldown machine that doubles as a bench
>at least 5 grand there in scams
>ask him to close the door
>talk for two hours straight, teach him muscle groups and names, exercises, nutrition, supplementation, importance of compounds, routines and what not
>he looks me like I'm Jesus
>tell him to buy protein powder and some weights (he already have an standard bar but only 30 lbs in weights)
>he agrees
>unironically say to him go to Veeky Forums and read the fit sticky
>he thank me
>we depart
>January receive a text message
>it's him
>"I lost 15 lbs cousin. Convinced my father let me join a gym. I'm doing the SS routine you mentioned. Already can feel the muscles. You helped me a lot. I'll be forever in debt. Hugs from your cousin."

I cried a lot that day.