How many pullups/chinups can you guys perform?

How many pullups/chinups can you guys perform?
My PR is 10 in one "sitting" and 100 over the course of one afternoon.
Both as chinups.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

10 chin-ups
6 pull-ups

I weigh 205lbs. This thread is useless without bodyweight really. Skeletons will always have the better numbers.

I've done 10 as well, but only neutral grip. I have a hard time even getting 5 with regular grip or chinups

What is "neutral" grip? Sorry, but I'm not a native enlgish speaker.

I way 77 kg, so 170 lbs.

Infinite assisted pull ups with a 160 lb assist.
4 regular pull ups

75kg
chinups 3x5 + 20kg
pullups 12

wrist turned so that your thumbs are towards you

That's quite impressive.

77kg
chinups 3x6 +24kg
bodyweight around 15
I don't do a lot of pullups because of my shit wrists. chin ups feel way better, better ROM too

Neutral = hammer grip

Ah, I see.
And you perform most with that grip? I find it easier using regular grip.

I can do up to 15 pull ups in one set

For some reason I have a really hard time doing more than one set with high reps, 3x12 is impossible for me unless I take a long ass rest in between. I have an easier time doing 3x8 + 35lbs than 3x12 with bodyweight only(170).

Most I've ever done was 100 pull ups over the course of just over an hour, I had to mix and match pull ups and chin ups with all different sorts of grips to pull it off though.

not that guy but neutral and chinup works extension more, it's a major function of the lat
with overhand grip, a little wider than shoulders you work adduction, the other major function.
It's best to do both adduction and extension work to get big and strong lats
for example
>weighted chinups, 3x6 (extension)
and
>overhand lat pulldown 3x10 (adduction)

or
>weighted pullups 3x6-8 (adduction)
and
>close grip pulldown 3x10 (extension

9 in a good day
7 most of the time.
Deadhang of course

I do 5x10 with 20 lb weight added, 1.5 minutes between each set, MWF

Lats have blown the fuck up

I weigh 160

15 at 205lb

3x6 bodyweight

97 kg.
0,5 pull ups, but I'll get there in a few months.

3x10 neutral grip(hammer) pull ups with 26 lbs added at 169 lbs BW

I weigh 165lbs and I add 45lbs on a belt and do 5x6, both pull ups and chin ups. Am I Gina make it?

A pull up is a pull up, you can't say it's only half

81kg
1.5 chinups

Training hard on the isolateral pull-down, I want to make chin-ups/pull-ups a staple of my routine at some point.

Has anyone found their pullup/chinup PR decreasing as you put on weight? I’m 68kg not that heavy and I can manage around 20 of each in a sitting but I know people more bigger built then me who can barely do 10 pullups and claim it's their weight thats the problem.

kek

this, gymbro was being a faggot a few weeks ago and laughed at me for only being able to do more than 9 chins while he could do about double that. i let it go but he brought it up several times so the next time we were working out and he mentioned it i went and got a 16kg dumbbell and told him to put it between his feet (actually i weigh about 20kg more than him) and do some chins, he couldn't do any and he was pretty quiet for the rest of the workout. maybe it was a dick move but he deserved it.

It is
I'm 90kg and I can do 19-20 full range pullups in one go but it took me a lot of time and work to reach this level, when my friend who's 71kg could do 20 easily long before I could

well no shit retard

>has anyone found the number of reps they can do on bench decrease as they put on weight?
>has anyone found it more difficult to do heavy deads with 4pl8 than 3pl8?

more weight means more weight, chances are they weigh a good 20kg more than you. you try doing some chinups with 20kg added.

85kg 6'3" can do 10 chinups.

started from 0 , we're all gonna make it brah.

I can barely do one. Are there other exercises that will help me or should I simply try to do them till I get a few done right?

sounds about right

Curls made all my pulls go through the roof. try it

youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

Just use a lat pulldown machine and you'll get there eventually

Most Ive done in a single set was 33
Most in a single session (~1h30) was 400+/-

12 pull ups 16 chin ups

71kg bodyweight

weight

I've been doing pullups almost everyday for like 5 months now.
I'm at 22 Max in one go, regular grip, if I haven't lifted prior. 190lbs here and I do 3x10 at least (more on cardio days) almost everyday, post workout.

Also in the airforce, not that they care about it if you're not spec ops. Feels gud breh

>How many pullups/chinups can you guys perform?
Sure as shit depends on how I perform them

ouch

Thanks.

>chinups

More like pussyups, lmao those are for girls

8-10 weighted, 15-20 bodyweight

88kg

I knpw. The cardio is killing my gains

Are neutral grip chins harder or easier than normal chins? I managed to do 8 of those

Just did
3x6 (+15kg) Pullups & 3x8 (+10kg) at 91kg bw

How did your elbows survive such an aggressive attack? If you're persistant you can destroy them in no time!

I can do 27 wide grip pull ups and 23 neutral grip.
In a session I've done 140 between both.

Well none then, point is I'm working on it and will make it.

just do negatives
or band assisted pullups if your gym has em

I was able to do two pullups yesterday. I couldn't do a single pullup for first month of working out and dieting. The fact that I finally managed to do it, is huuge confidence boost and motivator to keep going.
I will now add pullups to my routine, and see if I can get up to 5 pullups by end of May.

Normal grip pullups are harder than neutral grip which are harder than chin ups. That being said they do utilize different muscles, with the chin utilizing more of the arms than the back versus the normal double overhand pullup.

I can do 6 neutral grip and regular pullups at 275 lbs. I weigh 225 currently, but without extra weight I can do about 10-12 of each

35 chin ups, like 25 or so pullups but I haven't done those in a long time.

71kg
14 chineroos
12 pull ups

>tfw pulled off a one armed, no bullshit pull-up

i'm not sure but probably about 10 dead hang wide grip pull ups

chins, maybe 15. haven't tested my max in weeks.

67kg
have never done a pullup/chinup in my life
been training consistently 4 months now and i still can't progress past -20kg assisted pullups even though my lifts in everything else are improving

what gives?

I can only do 5 chinups

how do I make that 10?

maybe its a form issue. you might be pulling with your arms instead of lats. also you need to be doing a hollow body position. post your numbers for your other lifts.

do 5 more

do 2 or 3 about 20 times per day, spaced out as much as possible. accumulate no fatigue. in a month you'll be banging out 15 no question

What do you mean? I didn't feel anything.

Actually I already did 115 today and I'm not done yet.

Pullups: 16
Chinups: 22
5'11" 177lbs

You can also try to do exentric chin ups

6 months ago I was too weak to do a single chinup. Now I can do 17

Ganbatte. Keep working and you can do it

18 chinups in one set
82 kg

True, but to a point your strength should be proportional to you weight, unless you're a fatass

Alot of impressive numbers here I have to say.

Can any of you do one-arm pullups?

Weigh 170 lbs. 25 max and one rep with 120 lbs added. Recently got a one arm pullup.

I did 29 chinups about 3 years ago, but I haven't done them in a long time; I only do pullups nowadays. I can do maybe 25, it's been while since I tested my maximum reps. With additional weight I can do 6 or 7 reps with 20 kilos, so I guess my 1rm is well over 30 kg. I weigh 69 kilos myself.

That's the dumbest fucking statement of the year. Strength and body weight are completely independent from one another.

pb: 8 pull ups.
usually can get 5 for about 3 sets.

> Strength and body weight are completely independent from one another

My goal is to just reach an unassisted 1. Been working at for about a month now but it's hard because I'm 6'3" and still mostly a fat ass.

Been using the machine at the gym that lifts you up and I've been slowly taking off the weight supports.

Should I put more effort into just trying to do it and use the machine less?

Lat pull downs bruh

5'9 167lbs, pretty fat.

9 bodyweight chin-ups
6 bodyweight pull-ups
5 weighted pull-ups +10lbs

I still have to try weighted chin-ups.

disregard this nigga, do negative reps

>do negative reps
THIS
H
I
S

set out to do 5, get 3 and do the rest negative
then do just pure sets of negative.

within a week you'll be able to do at least another proper rep.

No fat person can do 6 pullups, my friend.

I can grab my stomach fat, therefore I'm fat.

Well, then I'm fat too, I guess. :/

I am 75 kg and have started lifting 2 weeks ago. When were you able to do your first chin up/ pull up famiglia?

Same.
Started a few weeks ago and can't do a single one. I-it will get better right

I wasn't able to do any either for years.

I just had the opportunity to work more outside (I live on a farm) and 4 weeks later I could do my first chin up.
Since then I do chinpus/pullups in all grip variations almost everyday.

I just finished my set of 150 pullups today. Feels good.

would negative reps be a good way to train for single arm pullups as well?

Hopefully we'll make it bruh but the problem is I don't have a bar at home (I don't wanna fuck up the doorframe and it looks weak desu) so I kinda feel shy to try at the gym also. Wtf am I supposed to do bring a chair and do negatives?

i could do 2 pullups right when i started

I started using a ladder. Do you have a ladder at home?

That is beast mode user what the hell did you do lift lambs all day? Seriously though it's impressive good job

I weigh 75 kilo, max chinups is 5x20. (Did a bodyweight routine a while back to go to 5x20 chinup, 5x40 pushup, 5x60 situp and 5x20 dips). Shit is golden when combined with heavy lifting (squat, bench, diddy) and some light cardio

I do have a ladder but what exactly do you do like set it up and try to lift yourself up? That may end bad

Kek

I'm training for the world record of most pullups in 1m which is 50, so far i'm 37, i'm 70kg and 1,73m, i did 500 pullups per session doing 3 sessions per week, the problem is that if i want to reach a number as high as 50 i need too loose as much size as possible especially in the legs, but it's not something i'd like

Alright, I have a pull-up bar and I can't do chin ups like in that pic. Whenever I do chin ups, I have my hands close to each others. Pic related, though there is an actual space between my hands.

Is it bad for me in any way whatsoever? I can do maybe 6-7 chin up but barely 2 pull up.

93kg
11 pullups
14 chinups

pull ups, I do 3 x 8 with 10kg added weight; maximum I can do with no added weight is 22 or 23 I think

chin ups, I do 3 x 8 with 17.5 kg added weight; maximum with no weight is about 30

You can keep the grip on your chin ups as narrow as you please, it's not bad for you. The narrower you go, the more emphasis it puts on your biceps, as opposed to your lats. I usually go a bit narrower than shoulder width.

I lifted alot of wood.

I lean the ladder agains a wall (there are hooks in the wall that keep the ladder in place). If you don't have hooks ask someone to hold the ladder for you.
Then you just grab a bar that has the right hight from underneath and do chinups.

>The narrower you go, the more emphasis it puts on your biceps
That actually explains a lot, thanks fampai

That's amazing. You must be ripped

Record is 20 pullups, 23 after some strong coffee on a good day, but I don't really count that as a record.

77kg, 1.75m prince of manlets here.

I'm 5'10" 61kg and I can do 13

r98