Serious question, Boxing or MMA, Veeky Forums?

Serious question, Boxing or MMA, Veeky Forums?

Which one is better for fitfags?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RW4NqooT4wk
instagram.com/p/BE_sO4ISI64/
youtube.com/watch?v=2UM2fbBz8Nc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Define "better."

well both will get you in shape and allow you to beat up 98% of the populace. considering Veeky Forums is all about lifting though, mma.

MMA

What kind of shit picture
>Congo
>Crocop
>Wanderlel
>Russian/German Manet that I forgot his name

Everyone else on the MMA side are literally who's

Boxing if you want to have the mental faculties of an 8 year old by the time you are 40. MMA if you don't want to be retarded by the time you are 40--assuming the MMA gym you go to isn't big on striking.

>Boxing doesn't have money or pacman
>mma doesn't have Rousey

I just remembered Tyson Fury is the heavyweight champion of the world, what the fuck

Muay Thai + Judo

Yeah wtf is this pic

>french
It's not funny anymore.

>Which one is better for fitfags?

Boxing is easier to learn and more practical but do whatever you're interested in.

youtube.com/watch?v=RW4NqooT4wk

funny, i did my first boxing class two days ago.
pretty solid as cardio, but i am too much of a pussy to fight.

10/10 - would punch bags again.

>watching MMA athletes striking after watching numerous pro-boxing matches
It's like down syndrome ballet

Couldn't resist

well, in MMA you can lift people, so I say MMA is better

MMA if you dont mind getting injured a lot

It's completely different. In MMA, you have to keep out of kicking range and also stay lower to avoid takedowns. Obviously your striking is going to be negatively affected.

MMA with the focus on BJJ.. Brazilian jiu-jitsu... improves overall strength and forces you into being more flexible.

I'm going to say boxing, remember that MMA fighters aka fucking animals practice more than one martial art, if you train MMA"at an MMA gym you're going to end up half assing a lot of things

why does this system think I'm spam though?

please let me post

boxing , its much intenser . it will kill you fysically.
boxing is about achieving perfection in speed and power . mma is being shit in every way. no need for perfection just need to trow some jabs thats it.

boxing is a whole nother level of training.

dumb motherfucker .
MMA chokes people out for fun. you can get a heartattack or your Vains will get fucked.

"primarily deprive the brain of blood flow by compressing the internal carotid artery in the neck."

"Compression of both (one on either side of the neck) carotid arteries for eight-to-10 seconds is likely to render a person unconscious. It takes several minutes of lack of blood flow to the brain (somewhere in the range of four-to-six minutes) before permanent damage to the brain is likely to occur."

"Here’s where things can get a bit tricky and far more dangerous.

In the internal carotid artery lies a very important structure called the carotid sinus or bulb. Next to this artery runs the vagus nerve. Compressing these structures causes the body to respond in some very significant ways – primarily decreasing blood pressure and heart rate. Some people (usually unbeknown to them) can have a hypersensitive carotid sinus which when compressed/stimulated can cause a profound drop in blood pressure and heart rate. In these cases, a dangerously irregular heart beat (arrhythmia) can ensue."

>Badr

Thats why you have to tap, retard

Lmao I'm guessing you've never wrestled in your life

i think they're both really good. MMA is more versatile in my opinion because when i spar i always do leg kicks and fakes.

Both have crazy amounts of cardio, both do stand up but mma also has wrestling which really drains you since you always have to be straining.

It's honestly up to your personal preference.

>mma
Assuming your gym is not a mc dojo
Traibg mma from the start is a meme
Go learn boxing and a grappling art.

You're not an MMA fan then.

who is that guy third from right on the bottom? he looks like a terrifying human being

MMA is obviously better for fitness because of the wrasslin.

weightlifting is not going to help you with either

3 time world champ muay thai fighter here, do muay thai.

NOT RANKING BASED SIVER

Hector Lombard. He's a terrifying human being for a round, then he gasses.

google the number of people who died from boxing vs mma+bjj+wrestling combined, feel shame and then delete your post.

>Canada is a black man
>France is a black man
kik kek kuk

Seriously whens the last time you saw someone being choked while out for 4-6 minutes? Are we being pretend now Jon Jones?

He's in pretty shit condition atm. considering he's going to have a rematch with Klitschko 9th of July
But he be prepping doe instagram.com/p/BE_sO4ISI64/

The sweet science all day errday senpai

where FEDOR you fucking faggot

Boxing if you are going to have a boxing match. MMA if you are going to have a mixed martial arts match.

Either if you are just going to fight normies who don't train.

MMA is way better

For a Veeky Forumsfag? MMA hands down. Less Cardio dependent and if you suck ass you can just use your "mass" to throw overhand rights with your eyes closed or wrastlefuck someone and smother them with your "gains".

But really I do MMA and I can't keep up with dedicated boxers, their cardio and striking is just too good within the confines of their sport.

MMA because lifting.

>Canada
>A fucking nigger
>not based GSP

reeeeeeeee
>George Saint-Pierre

literally the GOAT

>America
>not Luke "Chad" Rockhold

>tfw was boxer for 6 years cuz uncle was boxer and he trained me in his own gym
>tfw lightweight, but everywhere i went everyone always wanted to start sht with me
>always getting into fights , always beating people up but not really trying cuz u can kill people if ur not careful
>said fuk this sht one day stop boxing and got fit as fuk chad mode engage weigh 170~ 5'9
after that no one ever wanted to fight me, literally every guy i met was always intimidated by me or gave me respect, havent been in a fight since i got fit so why would u wanna learn mma or boxing waste of time and gains

Cause muscles wont save you when someone bigger comes along

Lol... Please stop it

>overrated wrestler on steroids from the shithole of Canada
>not the based red king

LOL what? Hector Lombard is Cuban, not Polish. Also his tattoos are different.

Aren't they teammates? Rory is based too though
youtube.com/watch?v=2UM2fbBz8Nc

>Worshipping someone who tapped to punches
Smells like Reddit in here
Wonderboy is gonna perma-heem that fuccboi.

Its very different situations

Well they both trained/train at Tri-star

Kys

The delusions of a manlet know no limits

This.

Are you 14 years old? What the fuck hahaha
You fucking faggot.

> Watching two people with no fear of getting kicked or taken down or getting hit in the legs punch each other in the face

> Watching two people who have to be actively aware of their opponents level changes and footwork while trying to circle away and throw a punch

People like you need to stop posting. Also boxing striking always looks shit, all they do is punch a dudes hands that he's holding in front of his face and then hug till the ref breaks them up.

Dennis Siver

Daily reminder there's not a single boxer in the world that could take Werdum

>Alistair

> But really I do MMA

> Does MMA
> Thinks it's less cardio dependent
> Thinks wrestling is about gains
> Talking about losing to boxers "in the confines of their sport"

If you don't really do MMA you just had to say.

This is the dumbest shit I've ever heard.
I can do 5x5 rounds of sparring boxing, kickboxing, thai rules.
Graplling is way more intense

It's Krystof Sozsynski you tard.
Lombard is cuban, not polish

>GOAT
..At laying on people?

He made a career out of taking the fight out of a fight

1)Less cardio dependent as the rounds are shorter and the volume of striking is usually lower
2) The whole "gains" thing was said with sarcasm implying that most Veeky Forumsizens are actually just fat and would lay on their opponents
3) As someone who competes in MMA solely, it is extremely probable that you will lose a boxing match to a BOXER AKA "within the confines of their sport"
For example one of Anderson Silva's coaches said that he he couldn't hang with the LH boxers at his gym.

GTFO with your normie shit fuccboi.

> Rounds are shorter

Stopped reading right there

MMA rounds 5 mins
Boxing rounds 3 minutes

Just fuck off, you literally know nothing.

MMA. It's fullbody. Yer deads and skwauts will finally be useful.

>MMA fighter would lose to boxer in a boxing match
no shit, and a boxer would get tossed on his head in an MMA match. That's obvious.

your retarded because all of your power comes from your legs. athletes are born in the skawt rack senpai.

No legs no fight. Power comes from the ground up my friend.

Boxing

mma
boxers will always get destroyed by a guy that shoots and takes it to the ground

Lol you're a fucking cunt m8.
Let's do some math here:
Let's assume it's a non-title fight and is 10 rounds vs MMA 3 rounds of 5, while also assuming it goes the distance.
30>15
I bet it's difficult having Down syndrome.

No shit that's why I said within their sport.

>canada and france

But that's not what you said. You didn't say they fight for longer, you said the rounds are literally shorter which factually untrue

5>3

But lets throw out some more math, in both boxing and MMA you are allowed 1 minute of rest between rounds.

So lets assume it's a non-title fight and so ten 3 minute rounds and five 5 minute rounds.

The MMA fighter does 15 minutes of intense cardio with 3 minutes of rest.

The boxer does 30 minutes of cardio with 10 minutes of rest.

So the MMa fighter rests for 1/5 of his fight while the boxer rests for 1/3rd of his fight.

On top of that fighting for 5 minutes is far more tiring than fighting for 3 minutes, it's nearly twice as long after all.

What do you think is harder, running for 1 hour straight or running for 40 minutes, then resting, then running for 40 minutes?

> I bet it's difficult having Down syndrome.

That's a pretty safe bet to make when you have it aye?

> No shit that's why I said within their sport.

Yes, you fucking moron, the point is that it's a stupid thing to say.

Lets follow the conversation

"What's better, boxing or MMA?"

"Boxing, you'll beat an MMA guy in a boxing match"

Saying "You should learn boxing over MMA because you would win in a boxing match" is fucking retarded, for one thing the "logic" goes both ways, as in, I could counter that point by just saying "You should learn MMA, you'd beat a boxer in an MMA match"

It doesn't answer the question because it is fucking stupid. No shit the boxer wins in a boxing match, the basketballer also wins in a 1v1 basketball game, doesn't make basketball better than MMA.

If the question is "What is better, boxing or MMA?" and your answer is "Well if you learn boxing you'll win a boxing match" it's time to take your meds autist.

guess muslims aren't so bad

Boxing is pretty much entirely calisthenics and cardio (think sit ups and jump rope, push ups, planks and jogging).

Many boxing coaches explicitly disapprove of lifting.

MMA incorporates grappling (wrestling, judo etc. etc.) for which lifting plays a significant, positive role.

tl;dr if you want to keep your gains go mma, if you just want to punch shit and don't care so much about being aesthetic (not that it's impossible to look good as a boxer but it will take more of a backseat than it would in mma) go boxing

You seem triggered friend. Sorry for saying round instead of bout, I figured someone with your expertise in the field would have caught on to what I meant. You're still neglecting the volume of strikes between the two, which counts. I can tell you're a Tapout wearing fight-fan though, so I'll cut you some slack. Come back and talk when you have at least 10 fights as an amateur with a positive record and then we can talk, until then heem yourself.

> Sorry for saying round instead of bout, I figured someone with your expertise in the field would have caught on to what I meant.

Nice backpedalling, but "Boxing rounds are longer than MMA rounds" is pretty clear cut, you fucked up, just admit it.

Only a retard would say "Boxing rounds are longer" when they meant "Boxing fights are longer"

You didn't counter the point of far more rest time.

You didn't counter the point that 5 minutes of straight fighting is much more draining than 3 minutes of straight fighting.

I'm gonna need a source on volume of strikes before I bother to counter it (And you're neglecting the physical effort in involved in takedowns and wrestling, which counts)

> I can tell you're a Tapout wearing fight-fan though, so I'll cut you some slack.

Nice strawman, but I don't own a single piece of tapout clothing. Obviously I am a fight fan though, otherwise why would I comment on a thread about fighting styles?

> Come back and talk when you have at least 10 fights as an amateur with a positive record

1: What's your record?

2: This is a fallacy, your dismissing my argument because I don't have 10 fights with a positive record, but we are talking about how your logic sucks, I don't need to be an MMA fighter to point out the flaws in your argument.

Come back when you have half a brain, until then "heem" yourself.

Lol at this comment. What about feets and lifting?

love this one. dispatched so cleanly.

boxing

Might not be completely related, but is Kyokushin Karate (from a decent place, not a McDojo) Veeky Forums-related?
Is it any fun?
How to best combine both into your schedule?

Any tips for a martial arts noob?

Is it only those 13, or are there more? Refuse to believe rowing isn't in the top 10

> Panel of independently picked experts

Already discarded

On top of that the methodology is fucked, the bias is clear and most importantly

> Wrestling 5
> Martial Arts 6

Assuming by "Martial Arts" they meant MMA that just shows how fucked this is, the sport that incorporates wrestling is somehow ranked as less difficult than wresting.

>but don't take our word for it
>take the word of our panel
>pick one

The American bias is pretty clear, the top 5 are virtually only sports American's care about (With the exception of Ice-Hockey, which only American's and Canadians care about)

> Inb4 Pacquio and Fury

Yes, the Philippines love their one famous boxer, and England has a long history of boxing, but seriously, look at the top 5. Boxing, who's most famous stars are all American (Mayweather, Tyson, Ali, Foreman, Marciano etc) Ice Hockey which is basically only played in America and Canada, "Football" (If you didn't need any more proof of bias that they call this "Football" and they call real football "Soccer") which is literally only played in America, Basketball where the only teams in the world that matter are American and wrestling which only American highschool have as a competitive sports program.

Things like rowing won't make the cut because the American panel barely remember it exists.

>come back and talk when you have ten internet fights with positive karma

b...but ... the independent panel...

>where's shopping at Walmart?
With those overloaded trolleys it's virtually strongman drag

didn't he get wrecked by an amateur wrestler in a mma match?

Bullshit. There are lot of fat boxing fighters

Fucking this. Metal bars too

Mma guy here

I can smash any boxer alive. I can pull their eyeballs from their skulls and squeeze them like fucking grapes.
Boxing is just a sport

>9. Baseball

Cmon now