/PLG/ powerlifting and / OWG/weightlifting general

I have made an executive decision and decided to merge PLG and OWG

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F1L5zJ2afLs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We don't want the wlg kiddos in here we're dysfunctional enough

>we

Speak for yourself

Just because you like to shitpost in both threads does not mean either group wants to be joined.

He's right though.

The merger makes sense

crossfit

This is some Capulet and Montague shit.

it's already confusing enough with people asking general strength questions in here

Speak for yourself

>image.png

I wonder who made this post

youtube.com/watch?v=F1L5zJ2afLs

I'm right though.

Speak for yourself

How do I know if my crippling lower back pain is
>building disk
>lower back muscle tear

MRI, seeing a doctor, or both. From personal experience.

Oh hey it's the global rule #9 violater

Sciatic nerve pain. I already tols you the only way to get a proper diagnosis is to go see a doctor.

>doctor
or wait
>heals fast=muscle
>doesn't heal fast=disc

Lay on the floor and raise your one leg up in the air
Repeat with the other leg
Increased pain = bulging disc

If I was banned, using either my pass or trip would be an autoban

I'm not banned Sean. Suck my big, executive cock.

No

Also, fuck off, seenlet

>>heals fast=muscle
>>doesn't heal fast=disc

Mmmnooo not really. Torn muscle could hurt like fuck for a while while a not-too bad herniated disc could feel more or less fine after five or six days,

Any way to diagnose it at home? All the GPs in my town are off sick and those who aren't only see those in an emergency,

No disrespect to you, even though you gave me advice and I really do appreciate it, I'm going to keep asking questions to milk as much information as I can. I'm alone on this and upset,

Not true nigga, I had a bulging disc with no sciatic nerve pain whatsoever. It was entirely restricted to a small circle on the right side of my L5S1 disc

It doesn't work like that you monstrous retard

Narrow shoulders

Child bearing hips

Is sean trappy?

See

>3 weeks out
>everything feels shit
im supposed to be fatigued now but man feel so weak

It does

t. that's what happened last time

Use pass = device blocked until IP reset
Use trip = auto ban

Pain is the same throughout, maybe a little bit more of a straining feeling when raising my legs, but nothing unbearable or no concerning difference.

Although I've torn a muscle before and I remember it being a sharp pain, this is like a very painful dull ache (actual pain though) in my lower back region

>I'm alone on this and upset
Welcome to life.

Global rule #9 is permanent but they have to ban you every 30
Tl;Dr you're ban evading

>drop going to the store
>start making taco
>don't have taco spice mix
k then

Then it's not a bulging disc

no

Fuck off weeb nerd

Not really. I thought mine was SI joint pain for months. Go see a doctor, it's worth it, trust me. You could play it up as an emergency, but IIRC from the last thread, the pain seemed pretty damn crippling, so there wouldn't be much playing up to do.

>Dull pain
That sounds like a disc bulge to me, but I have only my experience to go by and I'm not a doctor, so take this with a grain of salt.

ISLEY

Who is your soulsfu?

But I mean, the pain does increase, but not as much as I was expecting.
How different should it feel?

Just fill up on cheap vodka like you always do you alcocuck
Copy and paste global rule #9 and tell me what it says

>they have to ban you every 30
>Tl;Dr you're ban evading

Dancer ofc

Firekeeper is a close 2nd though
>when she twirls
Heart = melted

Just dump some semi-spicy shit in there plus some salt.

t. Dr Veeky Forums

Still don't understand why where is a video for this guy?

His life's sound OK but pretty intermediate after all.
Is he like 40kg?

Should be like "eww ahh I don't want to lift my leg up"

What did your doctor tell you to do? What rehab did you do? Is it a case of waiting it out?

>sean callling ANYONE else an alcocuck

Brehs when should I do grip work on an UL split?
And what specifically should I do?

Pls help brehs my squat is gonna surpass my deadlift soon if I don't do something

It's true as a little social experiment I will show you what I mean
Please hold

Lower, static holds.

Fuck

>tfw squat has already surpassed DL

t-rex here i come

I can taste your autism all across the Atlantic.

on my deadlift working sets? Or as an accessory exercise with lower weight?

I missed you isley . Youre the hero this general deserves, but does not need.

Lower
Static holds after your regular dl work
Do something for your extensors so you for keep your wrists and elbows happy

Everyone please monitor this post
It will prove I am right when everyone of my posts gets obliterated despite my ban evasion being over a long time ago
Meaning islet is still banned

The the pain unilateral or bilateral?

You should go see a physio for this, since my medical advice was from my dad, who is a doctor, and that was as simple as don't do anything that aggravates it. I didn't see a physio or anything, just stayed away from things that aggravated it and made it hurt like a bitch.

I deadlifted heavy (as long as it felt comfortable and didn't aggravate anything). But I was still a noob, and that was before I even started SS. When I did start SS, which wasn't until months after my diagnosis, I added like 70 lbs to my deadlift, and by that time the pain disappeared.

However, my disc bulge was extremely minor in the scheme of things, and depending on the severity of yours, may change how you treat it. It's your choice as for what to do, but I am begging you to actually go to a doctor and physio about it My symptoms lasted about 18 months or so, so good luck to you lad.

/owg/ here

oly lifting has a lot of potential benefits for powerlifting

try incorporating clean deadlifts into your routine and you will see your numbers shoot up.

You powershitters have horrible glutes and quadriceps because you don't use them.

miring hamstrings tho

>ranking a 10ft tall femlanklet over pure qt firekeeper

OUT

Thanks fat retard! This was insightful.

>Go leafs go

You must lead a sad, empty existence.

Fuck. /hoc/ was wonderful without him.

Bilateral, however I can't pin point it's exact location. Just the "lowerback"

This is why we don't want /owg/ in here. None of the weenies actually lift. They alternate sets of jerking off to their own form checks (invariably done with less than 200 lbs on anything) with sets of jerking off to an overroided Chinese dwarf.

Frankly, if you pussies did some powerlifting style training and actually GOT STRONGER, you'd be able to snatch and clean and jerk more.

That sounds like some sort of actual spinal problem. Most muscle injuries in the back would be more painful on one side or the other.

>replacing decline weighted situps with quad extensions
come at me bryce lewis

The entire thread is shitposts

I'm fairly certain its spinal. I'm pretty fucking depressed right now.

Dafuq? We do deadlifts and clean deadlifts 3-4x a week.

You fuckin shittin me mate? We have some strong lads too anyway.

/hoc/ has been one giant shitpost since the lockout.

Breaking a disc makes it grow back even stronger right???

get swole upperbod

highbar>lowbar

It'll be okay bud, that shit heals, just takes a lot of time.

>powerlifters don't use glutes or quads

kind of want to highbar and conventional one cycle
no reason just for shits and giggles

essentially the same thing anyway.

the herniated disc will get re-agitated frequently though which falls under
>doesn't heal fast

Is this avoidable?

That depends on the severity of it. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. All I had to do what be careful with my deadlift weights and avoid hypers, supermans, and anything that could cause any sort of spinal flexion, but it would still sometimes flare up for no reason.

FUCK THE ABYSS SNAKE MONSTER FUCKS IN THE CONSUMED GARDENS

FUCK THEM
U
C
K
T
H
E
M

What's the best way to strengthen adductors/external rotation for the squat? My gym does not have a vagina machine.
I was thinking of switching to sumo deads since I have the proportions for it anyway.

good form, make sure you don't lift with your back/ bend over with your back even when you aren't in the gym. that's the best you can do, it will only heal so well, and not usually to 100%

Has anyone experienced elbow discomfort during bench when using Slingshot elbow cuffs?

Just run past them and roll as soon as one sees you.

I see. Did you have any spine hyperextnsion at all? I usually sometimes have some anterior pelvic tilt although now that I hurt myself I have to keep a straight back or it hurts

you mean the worm monsters that give you bleed?

I had a friend that did, even though he got them to prevent the discomfort, since he overtucked on bench and got his elbows in front of the bar for a while. Some discomfort still went through, but not the full amount. Is yours actually caused by the cuffs?

My spine was fairly neutral. If I did anything that caused hyperextension it would hurt like a bitch though. Strengthening your abs couldn't hurt, with planks or something that reinforces maintaining a neutral spine. Do this after talking to a doctor/physio though and confirming that you're able to do them.

I always thought my abs were strong. I almost squatted 4pl8 without a belt. Never used a belt.

Anyway, thanks again for the help, I appreciate it a lot.

this is just plg t b h
as much as you dream for us to join you by pretending this is a good idea :^)

have you rested

just hit them with a a fire weapon, or firebomb, they will freak out and be stunlocked

Bands around knees. If you don't have that, you could try some side-plank stuff with pushing your knees/legs into the ground, I guess.
Sumo might help tho.

Hey lad.

how can he be stupid enough to ever post those and think he's not gonna get laughed at?

They can be strong, but if you're naturally in hyperextension, something is stronger than something else. It might be your core that is weaker, might be something else. Listen to though, he knows his shit, much more than I do.

just from experience and minor knowledge of physiology

I'm currently in the middle of realizing I know virtually nothing about weightlifting so I don't want to give much advice

Pain occurred during squats today.
Maxed out last week fine, try it again and had to bail a squat as my lower back tweaked and became so painful I couldn't stand, sit or lay without extreme discomfort.
Almost threw up and passed out afterwards for whatever reason.

Thanks again